Sign in to follow this  
TAM2020

Drafting Tonight in the #1 slot

Standard scoring, non-ppr 12 team league.

I'm taking LT, and then I'm debating taking a top flight WR (C.Johnson, Colston, AJohnson) and then QB (Romo or Brees) if they are available.

What I'm curious about is whether any of you have seen the #1 in your drafts do anything similar.

I usually go RB, RB, WR or a combination thereof but in the #1 slot I'm thinking maybe its better to guarantee myself 3 top 5 picks at these critical positions.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Leave a link and I'll answer yours.

Standard scoring, non-ppr 12 team league.

I'm taking LT, and then I'm debating taking a top flight WR (C.Johnson, Colston, AJohnson) and then QB (Romo or Brees) if they are available.

What I'm curious about is whether any of you have seen the #1 in your drafts do anything similar.

I usually go RB, RB, WR or a combination thereof but in the #1 slot I'm thinking maybe its better to guarantee myself 3 top 5 picks at these critical positions.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Leave a link and I'll answer yours.

I also took LT in the #1 slot and followed up with TO #2, Larry Johnson #3 (risk) but was able to draft adequate RB's.

This was in a 10 team league but I think you will be able to go LT, a Top WR & RB. I would say you would be better off waiting on the QB till the later rounds....to many RBBC situations to pass up 2 top RB's.

Look for value late if you need a TE (HEAP). WR(Crotechery & Ward)

My Results: STD Scording, Non PPR, TE Manditory

QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea (8)

QB Marc Bulger, StL QB (10)

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB (1)

RB Larry Johnson, KC RB (3)

RB Laurence Maroney, NE RB (4)

RB Willie Parker, Pit RB (5)

WR Terrell Owens, Dal WR (2)

WR Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ WR (7)

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR (6)

WR Hines Ward, Pit WR (9)

WR Vincent Jackson, SD WR (16)

TE Todd Heap, Bal TE (11)

TE L.J. Smith, Phi TE (15)

D/ST Steelers (14)

Giants D/ST, (12)

K Josh Brown, StL K (13)

I've been seeing the person in the #1 spot consistantly putting together good teams. I've done tons of mock drafts and just had my draft yesterday. I think I've seen the LT, Brees, MJD, top 3 combo go quite a bit. At your position I don't mind taking one of the top QB's because there's a good chance you could grab a couple of RB2's in round 4 and 5. In general I don't usually take a QB until later on, but I might make an exception in your case.

I think this is not the year to go RB RB to be honest, alot of question marks. Obvisouly LT, then maybe Braylon Edwards. I think you can also wait and get a descent QB. Funny thing in my draft i grabbed Rodgers early cause i really wanted him and got Mcnabb in the 11th!! Which was crazy. It also was a keeper league.

Manning, Brady, Romo, Brees, are top tier QB's. Then you have Big ben, Mcnabb, Palmer, Anderson and such. I would wait later round grab a tier 2 QB and get 2 nice WR's when you draft 2 in a row.

I say look for best available player! not a certain way that will handcuff you or

throw you off if say a run of positions goes on.

Lt for sure as #1 in our draft and that person went RB,RB,QB.

Hope that helps!

I had the #1 spot in our 10 team redraft league (PPR). I went RB - WR - RB and grabbed McNabb in the 8th round.

1. LT

2. Colston

3. Larry Johnson (Didn't want him but I couldn't pass on him at this spot)

8. McNabb

Complete roster

McNabb, Cutler

LT, LJ, Edge, F. Taylor

Colston, Calvin Johnson, Jennings, Galloway, Drew Bennett, James Hardy

Viniteri

Minni Def

I picked in the third spot in a twelve team redraft, PPR. I went RB, WR, RB, WR, WR, RB, WR, QB, QB. This was my goal going into the draft. QB's go early in my league and I knew I could capitalize on that. I ended up with AP, Fitz, MJD, S Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Kevin Smith, L Coles, Favre, Garrard. I could have done close to that after round two. Everyone who picked QB early are lacking RB and WR depth. You can't win with just starters. Pickinga QB later on allows depth. You just need to pick up serviceable QB's to back them up.

I had the #1 pick in a twelve team PPR league and got:

LT

Brees

Marshall (there were a lot of WRs taken before him, I could have taken Ocho Cinco but was scared off by the injury)

Winslow

Harrison

K. Smith

so far so good in my eyes!

I had the second pick in a 12 team redraft and I went:

ADP

Edwards

Brees

Edge

B.Marshall

J.Stewart

K.Smith

V.Davis

I knew I'd be forced to take a couple of not so impressive RBs a bit later if I didn't take any at the 2/3 turn. But it just wasn't worth passing up Brees for the likes of Jones (who I badly wanted), Turner, Jacobs, Maroney, Graham or Bush. I think I'm happier with how my team ended up instead of having one of the above RBs and Big Ben/Palmer as my #3 and #4 picks. Brees will be money this year.

Good luck!

Definatly take LT. I have won fantasy a couple of times and always seem to win when i take a QB early, i have learned that with a top tier QB you have such an advantage over everyone else. I took brady 4th rd last year and obviously won my league. I would try and go for 2nd pick for a top tier WR, TO if available, FITZ, COlSTON, and try to get brees or peyton if possible

At #1 you get LT but the best QB left will be Palmer when it gets back to you. So you're maybe better off going WR-WR or WR-RB then settling for the Favres, Delhommes, Schaubs & Kitnas of the world.