Sign in to follow this  
NYSHOCK

Forte vs Selvin Young

Which one would you choose and why?

I think Forte. He seems to have locked down the starting role and looks pretty darn good. CHI will not have a good passng game, so they will rely on the running game more. I think S. young will run well, but Denver RBs scare me. You just never know what old Shanahan is gonna do.

I don't think Forte is anything special, but he has the undisputed starting gig and he also doesn't play for Shanahan.

I'd go with Young simply because Forte plays in the NFC north. Vikes have the best run D and GB isn't that far behind. Oh yeah, and because the Bears QB/WRs are terrible.

K. Smith wasn't part of the question. I think everyone has him higher than Forte/Young.

Assuming no PPR I'd go Forte. I think Selvin will get vultured by A. Hall. I just don't see Shanny going with Selvin at the goalline at all. With PPR, it's closer, but I still think Forte.

Selvin. My grandmother could run for 1200+ yds in that system. That plus the fact that Chitown has the worst offense in football.

Selvin. My grandmother could run for 1200+ yds in that system. That plus the fact that Chitown has the worst offense in football.

:overhead:

Mr. Forte is a really nice guy. He is going to have a huge year. Coach Lovie has a great track record of developing young RBs like my good frined Cedric. Its too bad he moved to that farm upstate. Its the same farm mom said my dog Poopykins went to while I was at Purdue. I miss Poopykins.

Also, after I loosen up the secondary throwing bombs to the leagues premier WR core, MR Forte will have tons of room.

itsatipselvin

:angry:

Mr. Forte is a really nice guy. He is going to have a huge year. Coach Lovie has a great track record of developing young RBs like my good frined Cedric. Its too bad he moved to that farm upstate. Its the same farm mom said my dog Poopykins went to while I was at Purdue. I miss Poopykins.

Also, after I loosen up the secondary throwing bombs to the leagues premier WR core, MR Forte will have tons of room.

itsatipselvin

lmao, very funny stuff here. :(

2007 - Henry 167 /691 /4

Young 140 /729 /1

2006 - Bell 233 / 1025 / 2

Anderson - 157 / 677 / 8

2005 - Anderson 239 /1014 /12

Bell - 173 /921 /8

Denver spreads the ball around...Hall will get his touches. To get 1200 yds Selvin would need to maintain his high 5.2 average from 2007 / 240 carries. If that seems right then draft him. Vulture TDs would go to Hall.

I may be in the minority here, but my gut tells me that I'd rather have a good RBBC situation than a single starter on a really, really bad offensive team. I think it would be entirely possible to get Selvin and back him up with Andre Hall much later and get better production than what Forte will pump out. The only real advantage to Forte is that he will probably easily get 300+ touches and at a meager 3 ypc he's still gonna get nearly a 1000 yrds if he stays healthy. But i should point out that Selvin got almost that last year as the 2nd option behind Henry who was leading the league in rushing for something like 7 weeks. And Cutler is the next great QB, so that will take a lot of pressure off.

give me a reason Forte will be any better than Benson or Peterson were in Chicago last year (I don't want to hear that he's "far more talented")? especially since; let's face it.....the bears are worse this year. Selvin is the answer here

the Bears QB/WRs are terrible.

Hey and don't forget about the O-Line! Give credit where credit is due!

The Bears best offensive weapon is Robbie Gould - I'd take Selvin (and Hall late rounds) in a heartbeat over Forte.

I'd take Young easily. he's in a much better offence, and with Torain injured I don't see a major threat for his job. Sure, you never know with Shanny, but its not like Forte doesn't come with risk. Kevin Jones is a very talented back, he's a veteran, and he showed the other night that he's healthy. The Bears offence will stink, so while it's great that they'll run allot, they'll also have lots of 3 and outs and few TD's.

The Bears best offensive weapon is Robbie Gould.

Only inside the 45. 1-3 over 40 in the preseason, and he's never been able to boom long ones.

63 FGs in 2 years is impressive - testament to just how ineffective the O-line has been and is now - but dude hasn't kicked a 50 yarder in 3 years in the NFL.

Only inside the 45. 1-3 over 40 in the preseason, and he's never been able to boom long ones.

63 FGs in 2 years is impressive - testament to just how ineffective the O-line has been and is now - but dude hasn't kicked a 50 yarder in 3 years in the NFL.

Correct on all points! Good job!

And I stand by my original statement! :dunno:

give me a reason Forte will be any better than Benson or Peterson were in Chicago last year (I don't want to hear that he's "far more talented")? especially since; let's face it.....the bears are worse this year. Selvin is the answer here

Does Forte even have to be better? Peterson outscored Selvin and Benson had he same production as him in games they all started. Not sure the Bears are going to be 'worse' than last year either.

Does Forte even have to be better? Peterson outscored Selvin and Benson had he same production as him in games they all started. Not sure the Bears are going to be 'worse' than last year either.

They lost their two starting WR's. You don't think that makes them worse?

Yeah, and they've UPGRADED to Kyle Orton over Grossman

(please Kyle Orton, when you log on and see this, don't hold it against me...you're still my hero :shocking: )

I think Selvin will get vultured by A. Hall.

:shocking: This should be your biggest concern if you start Selvin. He doesn't score much and at some point Hall, Aldridge, & maybe if Torain will all get there shots.

I have Selvin as a possible #2 RB for me (he was a value pick in 8th round) but you better have a plan B whenever you have a Denver RB. Lots of potential but even more headaches.

Muhammad was horrible last year. He got no separation and had bad hands. Replacing him will be an upgrade. Berrian will be tough to replace but lets not get too crazy. He only had 71 catches for 948. Much of that on deep throws......in his limited time Hester has shown he could be able to atleast replace that aspect of Berrian's game. Between him, Lloyd,Davis and Bradley I can see similar total numbers for the team. Bears D should not be as terrible as it was last year either. Should allow for some more rushing attempts versus last year.

K. Smith wasn't part of the question. I think everyone has him higher than Forte/Young.

Assuming no PPR I'd go Forte. I think Selvin will get vultured by A. Hall. I just don't see Shanny going with Selvin at the goalline at all. With PPR, it's closer, but I still think Forte.

Are your sure about this? Wasn't Forte an above average receiver for a running back in college? Also, in the preseason Chicago Bears game I saw, they seemed to be trying to get Forte involved in the passing game. If the Bears' wide receivers are terrible (which they very well may be), won't Orton be checking down to Forte quite a bit? I have to imagine Forte will get at least 30 catches which isn't that far off from the 35 catches that Young had last season.

Also, most people don't think Kevin Smith is clearly better then Matt Forte. Matt Forte's ADP is 5.11 while Kevin Smith's is 5.13. If their ADPs are any indication, then I say people are pretty split on which one will have the better season.

For 2008, I would take Selvin Young. Both guys will catch around the same number of passes and score around the same number of touchdowns, I think, but Young will rush for more yards playing in a better offense.

However for 2009 and beyond, I would say Matt Forte. I really liked him as a draft prospect, he can do it all other than be a home run threat (but that's overrated), and think he's a great fit for the Bears and Soldier Field - they just need to complete rebuilding their offensive line. Young, it's a guess how healthy he'll stay for his career and if Shanahan could draft a runningback early next year.

Muhammad was horrible last year. He got no separation and had bad hands. Replacing him will be an upgrade. Berrian will be tough to replace but lets not get too crazy. He only had 71 catches for 948. Much of that on deep throws......in his limited time Hester has shown he could be able to atleast replace that aspect of Berrian's game. Between him, Lloyd,Davis and Bradley I can see similar total numbers for the team. Bears D should not be as terrible as it was last year either. Should allow for some more rushing attempts versus last year.

when your kick returner becomes your number 1 WR in the offseason.....you just got worse. end of subject

Which one would you choose and why?

Young. Then trade him for Forte (or someone comparable) + a #2 WR after his first big week.

This is a risky strategy, because chances are you won't want to trade him after his big week. You must resist! Denver RBs are like summer thunderstorms!