Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

***Official Week 5 College Football Gambling Thread***

Talk to me about Akron, Phillybear...

I was just breaking down that game and saw multiple edges for Cincinnati.

Can't see how Akron will be able to run at all and Cincy has passed on good teams like Oklahoma and Miami Fl. Meanwhile, Akron's run defense couldn't even stop Syracuse who everyone knows is coming with the run.

What's your thoughts on this one?

Still not sold on the backup QB that is now starting for Cincinnati, going on the road. Cincinnati is a mediocre team this year, much like Akron, offensively and defensively. Both have won the games they needed to win against bad opponents, and both have lost to much better opposition. I cannot justify Cinc being that kind of favorite on the road, as bad as the Big East is this year, especially against a better than expected MAC team. The spread is simply too high. It's like Northwestern vs Ohio U last week, where Ohio U was getting a ridiculous 11.5 pts. This conference is full of solid teams, that can compete with anybody. How about Toledo/Fresno St last week? Sure, Miami OH lost to Cinc last week 45-20, and is probably why this spread is so high, but Akron 4-0 ATS as a home dog since 2005. I realize that Cinc will be able to run the ball successfully today, but Akron will move it through the air. The seasonal stats for both teams on offens and defense are very similar.

Wow philly this isn't your normal card. So many high point favorites.

You are right. Just too many mismatches this week. I guess we will see what happens.

Good luck.

Morning Gents.

College football this season= Good

NFL this season= Bad

I'm on Cincy -11 vs Akron 4 units

Fresno St -7 @ UCLA for 6 units

Wisky -6 @ Michigan for 4 units

UNLV -3.5 at home vs Nevada for 4 untis

Gl everyone!

I'm looking at Central Michigan hard

So, as I'm watching Ball St (-21) up 27, and Kent is moving the ball down the field with a couple of minutes to go. Kent converts a 4th down in the red zone. Then on 4th and goal, Kent QB runs it into the endzone. Fock. Fock. Fock. I'm going to get focked in my backdoor. Much to my amazement, the extra point is blocked. What a mixed emotion push, but I'll settle for it considering what might have been. And I just don't have the time anymore to handicapp during the week, because of work, and I got caught with a bad line as the Ball St line kept climbing all week.

Ball St has a fantastic offense. But the defense is brutal. Can't get pressure on the QB at all. Some notes to file away in my head. Now, where did I leave my bottle of rum?

ONE PLAY for the day games:

CINNCY -11 OVER AKRON

CINNCY is the play.......20 Units

Nice to see you stop by and fade me. I'd wish you good luck, but that would be just for luck in catching AIDS.

NCAA: 30-24-1

NFL: 21-16

USC -13.5 1st half LOSE

USC -25 LOSE

USC O37.5 LOSE

UConn/Louisville O51.5 LOSE

Michigan State -8

Purdue +1

Purdue ML

Auburn -6.5

Penn State -15.5

Penn State -9.5 1st half

Its going to be an ugly week for me. Adding PSU -9.5 in the 1st half.

Gee, where did all the greyhounds posts go? Oh, that's right, he deletes them when he loses.

QUOTE(greyhounds @ Sep 27 2008, 02:33 PM)

CINNCY -11 OVER AKRON

Gee, that's a tough loss, $2200 bucks. It's a shame that I quoted your post before you deleted it.

So, who do you like tonight?

FAYLE.

Gee, where did all the greyhounds posts go? Oh, that's right, he deletes them when he loses.

QUOTE(greyhounds @ Sep 27 2008, 02:33 PM)

CINNCY -11 OVER AKRON

Gee, that's a tough loss, $2200 bucks. It's a shame that I quoted your post before you deleted it.

So, who do you like tonight?

FAYLE.

He probably will make $2200 in 1 hour at work as a day trader anyway.

He probably will make $2200 in 1 hour at work as a day trader anyway.

Especially with the way the market is nowadays.

What kind of faggit deletes his posts when he loses? Seriously. We don't rip people for loses. But this twink is just taking faggotry to another level.

Adding:

Navy +11.5 2H (1 Unit) WINNER

Alabama ML (2 Units to Win 4.1 Units)

It's been an agonizing day, so close on some of my key plays. I can still come out ok with the remaining plays but I'm going to ride LSU tonight to make up for a crazy day. Go Tigers!!

LSU -24 for 4 units (already have a 4 unit bet)

Miss St. Under 9.5 2 Units

So far this year I haven't posted my picks or record on here, but since I've been highly successful, I thought I would enlighten all of you on what I'm playing this weekend. Most of the games I bet are generally in the MAC, since that's what I get to watch the most and pay the most attention to.. Anyways, here's what I like, all plays for 5 units.

Northern Illinois -6 1/2 @ Eastern Michigan- Eastern is coming off of getting trounced by Maryland, and should be without their QB Andy Schmitt. I look for Northern Illinois to run all over the Eagles and win by double digits in this one

Western Michigan -4 @ Temple- The Broncos have played solid on both sides of the ball all season long, and the Owls just don't impress me.

Central Michigan -7 vs. Buffalo- Dan LeFevour is one of the best QB's that no one knows about in college football, especially at home. Central wins big.

Bowling Green -3 @ Wyoming- I see BG as clearly the most talented team in this matchup, and even though it's at Wyoming and should be a low scoring affair, I see no reason why Bowling Green won't cover

Couldve been better, but I'll take it.. NIU destroyed Eastern.. Western with a 7-3 win pushed.. Central only wins by 2 after Buffalo scores with under 2 minutes to go.. and BG destroyed Wyoming at their place

2-1-1.. +5 units

sorry gents...I was out to dinner. Lost a tough one on Cinncy...20 Units Ouch!

Sitting at 9-4 on the day and down 11 units with these going and coming:

Penn St, Alabama, Nebraska, Hawaii, South Carolina, Nevada and Stanford.

All for 3 Units.

I also have South Florida for 12 Units.

See you all on Sunday....headed to the bedroom with the MILF!

( not your Horse Face Wife DICKA )

All for 3 Units.

Your awesome.

0-5 ha. good stuff

purdue, fresno st, auburn, wisconsin and usc.

All for 3 Units.

Why are you heading to bed with your mother?

It's been an agonizing day, so close on some of my key plays. I can still come out ok with the remaining plays but I'm going to ride LSU tonight to make up for a crazy day. Go Tigers!!

LSU -24 for 4 units (already have a 4 unit bet)

Miss St. Under 9.5 2 Units

Last one plays for the night, maybe I'll get something back

Stanford +3 2H for 2 Units (Washington QB Locker is out)

thank god i didn't have internet access from thursday til now... wow... i would have taken a fockin beating this week...

i think the only big play i was thinking about was the bama moneyline... or the ou spread

but wow... wisconsin... purdue... fresno st... florida... looked brutal today

Booking some plays for Saturday now, as it is half-juice Friday...

Temple ML 2 units to win 3.2 - loser

Bufalo ML 2 units to win 4.6 - loser

E Carolina -10.5 for 2 units - loser

Purdue -1 for 3 units - loser

Arkansas +27.5 for 1 unit - loser

Fla Itl +20 for 2 units - winner

TCU +18 for 2 units - loser

Wyoming +3 for 3 units - loser

Wisconsin -5.5 for 4 units - loser

Georgia -6.5 for 3 units - loser

Play of the day is Wisconsin. Good luck all!!!

oh my....1-9 on the day down 20.9 units!!!

I had a perfect Thurs/Fri....and then FOCK!!!

NCAA YTD 17-24- down 18.6 units

A bunch of ND haters haha I love it

YTD 10-7 up 3.5 units

5% juice on Friday's :dunno:

Georgia Alabama Under 44

Georgia -6.5

Minnesota +19.5

Purdue +1

Auburn -7

Good luck fellas

Ugh 5% juice doenst matter when you go 1-4, split on Michigan and Michigan State but don't post them since I do the same every week

With the awful Thur, Fri and Sat of getting absolutely smoked at the book in college ball, I decided there was only one thing to do.....I had to shield the utter disappointment of losing $1210(4-7 and 0-4 on my big plays) from my wife and waited until she went to bed. Then I popped open the bottle of Crown Royal Extra Rare from my bar that I was saving for a special occasion and got absolutely tore up drinking the entire bottle. I had already drank 18 Heineken Lights throughout the day trying to deaden the pain. When I decided to open the whiskey and dive in it, I had convinced myself that this was the only way that I knew how to regroup and come out swinging on Sunday. I made all of my Sunday plays completely out of my mind at 4:30AM.

I woke up this morning and was told that I had to go to a party at my in laws house, which I completely forgot about of course, and it wasn't a football party, because their F'N Bears are playing tonight. Hung over would not even begin to describe how I felt today listening to all of these people's BS while I tried to sweat all of my bailout action with the volume down. My 3 unit plays were Houston, KC, NO, Wash. All of them came in. I made a 5 unit play on San Diego and it looked like a lot of my early hard work was going to go halfway down the drain until the Bolts' crazy 2nd half comeback capped by LT's uncorking of that 40 yard td at the end of the game for a backdoor cover. That sh!t never happens for me. I was definitely lucky, because I was mad as hell and in way over my head with the units that I played while being sh!tfaced. I never play that much action in the pros.

I'm always the exact opposite, winning in college ball, only to lose most of it back on Sundays and Mondays. Pro ball really bailed me out this time. If I would have done poorly today, I would have been on absolute tilt. What a crazy f'n weekend.

I hope everyone did well this weekend.

With the awful Thur, Fri and Sat of getting absolutely smoked at the book in college ball, I decided there was only one thing to do.....I had to shield the utter disappointment of losing $1210(4-7 and 0-4 on my big plays) from my wife and waited until she went to bed. Then I popped open the bottle of Crown Royal Extra Rare from my bar that I was saving for a special occasion and got absolutely tore up drinking the entire bottle. I had already drank 18 Heineken Lights throughout the day trying to deaden the pain. When I decided to open the whiskey and dive in it, I had convinced myself that this was the only way that I knew how to regroup and come out swinging on Sunday. I made all of my Sunday plays completely out of my mind at 4:30AM.

I woke up this morning and was told that I had to go to a party at my in laws house, which I completely forgot about of course, and it wasn't a football party, because their F'N Bears are playing tonight. Hung over would not even begin to describe how I felt today listening to all of these people's BS while I tried to sweat all of my bailout action with the volume down. My 3 unit plays were Houston, KC, NO, Wash. All of them came in. I made a 5 unit play on San Diego and it looked like a lot of my early hard work was going to go halfway down the drain until the Bolts' crazy 2nd half comeback capped by LT's uncorking of that 40 yard td at the end of the game for a backdoor cover. That sh!t never happens for me. I was definitely lucky, because I was mad as hell and in way over my head with the units that I played while being sh!tfaced. I never play that much action in the pros.

I'm always the exact opposite, winning in college ball, only to lose most of it back on Sundays and Mondays. Pro ball really bailed me out this time. If I would have done poorly today, I would have been on absolute tilt. What a crazy f'n weekend.

I hope everyone did well this weekend.

Classic IN-Law story....been there done that.Like you my ass handed to me in a hand basket thurs-thru Sat.Rallied with Teasers today......I very rarely play teasers(and just hit the over 39 big) but glad I did I'm down $130 since thurs.But it was soooo much worse before today's action as I took $430.00 on the pros

NCAA YTD 41-34-1; +23.08 Units

Bad weekend which could have been much worse. :thumbsdown: On to the next week and better luck for all of us.

Taking a quick glance, I really like Notre Dame, Vandy, and Nevada.

YTD 30-17

ML 4-5

+34 Units

I can feel it...I am going to have a great weekend....

Win/Loss record not good, my 20 unit tease is what saved me. $$$ wise.

YTD 37-24

ML 4-5

+35 Units

What do you say we try to come out of the gate a little faster this week? This trying to get going while knee deep in the mud is way too frustrating and not good for the betting man's mental health.