Sign in to follow this  
ChocolateTown

Start Em' Or Sit Em' Week 4

So I'm not always right but I fancy myself to be a pretty damn good FF player. Everyone always posts a million threads, so ask your question here and I'll do my best to give you my 2 cents. Please just keep it between two players (Sjax or Michael Turner?). Lets see how it goes...

Hines Ward has 140 yards and 0 touchdowns in his last three games against Baltimore and the Steelers passing game hasn't been clicking so far this season. He had a hot start but his numbers have dwindled by the week. He will have good games here and there.

LJ has typically been a beast against Denver, going 120+ yards in his last two starts though he didn't play them last year when the offensive line was more like it is now. However Huard is starting and will at least bring a threat to the passing game so the Broncos can't stack the box all day like the last few KC opponents have been doing.

Go with Grandmama II this week.

Good thread. If you don't mind, I may chime in here and there if someone mentions a player or two I have strong thoughts about.

thanks for doing this. :music_guitarred:

if i have a start'em sit'em question for week 4 can i ask that too?

if i have a start'em sit'em question for week 4 can i ask that too?

:music_guitarred:

wasn't gonna do it because it's a nice gesture of him to do this.

:thumbsdown:

wasn't gonna do it because it's a nice gesture of him to do this.

well, i mean, answering start'em sit'em questions for week 3 is just plain cheating. :music_guitarred:

but yeah its a good idea. i have alot of respect for the people who make threads like this either on this board or the help board.

wtf is grandmama II?????

He is referring to a marketing persona for a basketball player with same name the player dressed up as a grandma and beat people down in hoops.

ok for real dead serious question selvin young is on the waiver wire should i drop larry johnson for him????????????? and part 2 should i start young over hines ward??????

Trent Edwards over Kurt Warner. They both have great matchups this week but the consensus seems to be pointing to Edwards but I just think Warner is going to outproduce Edwards this week. Thoughts?

Chimp-

I would go with Phillys D even though they are on the road. Their run D has been ferocious and they should bottle up Forte, forcing Orton to go to the air and thats alway good for his opponents secondary. I have the image of Orton throwing directly to Gaines Adams last week playing over and over in my head.

Twisters -

No I would hang on to Larry Johnson. Selvin is talented for sure but you will have a headache all year with Shanahan switching out all of his RBs. Plus with Ryan Torain coming back in the second half of the year the backfield will be even more muddled. LJ runs his best when he is angry and he seems to be pretty pissed about his situation in KC right now. If he really wants out he is realizing he needs to start playing better or no team will trade for him with his bloated contract and age being on the wrong side of 25.

And I would start Young over Hines Ward only because they are playing KC this week. Denver RBs always have a coming out party against the Chiefs, see Quentin Griffin a few years back. He isn't someone I'd rely on for the rest of the year but he will make the most out of his 1st and 2nd down carries this week.

At this point, I am starting Hightower and sitting Thomas Jones. I admit I am a little pissed at the Jets pulling him last week when they got behind but Hightower will probably get goal line carries plus do some recieving too.

What cha think?

Graphic Violence -

Go with your gut man. You can't go wrong with either one. Trent is most def. an upcoming QB and very solid, and I see him getting around 210 and 2 TDs this week. But Buffalo will get up early and feed the rock to Marshawn and Jackson all day. Warner will be involved in a classic duel of the greybeards, and its a big game for the Jets and the Cardinals coming off losses. Warner is healthy, has the track record and Fitz/Boldin/Breaston are a far superior WR tandem than Evans/Reed/Hardy.

So I'm not always right but I fancy myself to be a pretty damn good FF player. Everyone always posts a million threads, so ask your question here and I'll do my best to give you my 2 cents. Please just keep it between two players (Sjax or Michael Turner?). Lets see how it goes...

Jason Campbell or Jake Delhomme

ffrookie -

Im worried about McFaddens toe, Bush will probably get a split of carries if not the bulk. Graham had a bad week against the Bears but their run D is no joke and Gruden has vowed to get him more totes. GBs run defense is a liability and they have to travel to Raymond James Stadium. Bucs are riding high after the big victory and emotions will be flowing after K Bryants kid died this week.

Chris Johnson has been a great story but LenDale is looking like he will play. Plus they are going against the Vikings great run D. For reasons already stated I'd go with Selvin Young based on matchup.

Graphic Violence -

Go with your gut man. You can't go wrong with either one. Trent is most def. an upcoming QB and very solid, and I see him getting around 210 and 2 TDs this week. But Buffalo will get up early and feed the rock to Marshawn and Jackson all day. Warner will be involved in a classic duel of the greybeards, and its a big game for the Jets and the Cardinals coming off losses. Warner is healthy, has the track record and Fitz/Boldin/Breaston are a far superior WR tandem than Evans/Reed/Hardy.

Exactly my feeling Chocolate Town, I see Buffalo grabbing the lead early and pounding Lynch too bad I don't have him this week. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

BiPolarBear-

TJones has definitely been a disappointment up to this point this season. While I don't really see him getting it going this week, I think after the Jets bye he is really going to put a string of solid games together (CIN, OAK, KC, a week later STL). I think he will get alot more opportunities this week against ARI than he did against the Chargers on the road (only 10 carries). So basically Hightowers upside is about 7-10 points while T Jones upside is about 13-15. I would go T Jones because the Jets should be in this game.

Klineman -

Before last week I would have said Campbell straight out because any game against the Cowboys will most likely be a shootout. But Rodgers certainly didn't benefit from that last week. Delhomme has Smith back and will be matched up against the lowly Falcons. However the Falcons run D has been porous while their pass defense has been better than expected. DeAngelo and Stewart are going to run all over them so I don't see the need for the Panthers to air it out all over the place. So I'd go with Campbell in a very important NFC East showdown.

Cash Cow-

Fitzgerald as you said is obvious. I do like Cotchery this year, and hell he might have a big game this week. But I think Bowe is the more solid choice. Bowe leads the league in targets, he had most of his success last year working with Huard who is back under center this week, and the Chiefs will be playing from behind, way behind against the Broncos.

I'll give this a shot:

Scoring 1 pt/10 yds; 6 pts/any TD; .5 PPR

(already starting Marshall); need TWO of the following

Holmes vs. Balt

Cotch vs AZ

R White @ Carolina

Vincent Jackson @ Oak

Usually go with the gut but this a tough match up for my rb's. Pick 2 please.

AP vs Tenn

Willis Magahee vs Pitt

Mendenhall vs Bal

Regeardless of the tough matchup fpr AP, im gonna play my stud. Mcgahee with his eye vs Pitt minus Hampton was the original gut feeling but Meddenhall vs Bal minus is a fun risk. The whole rookie 1st start is scary.

What do you think? Thanks in advance

wbethea - i know i made an exception but as i said im not going to answer the pick two questions.

Father Murphy - LT2 is probable this week, he said hes feeling better than he has all year. I like him to get the bulk of the carries this week. I hate starting two players in the same backfield. LenDale is not an ideal play this week against the stout Vikes run D but nonetheless he will get his carries and will more than likely get a few goal line so I'd go with White.

BBleheh -

I like Graham this week. Ryan Grant is allegedly getting healthier, but the Bucs have been pretty stingy against the run thus far. The have given up plays to pass catching RBs (Bush, Forte) but that is not Grants specialty so peg him for about 80 yds with a possible TD. Slaton is a tad overhyped but hey he ran pretty well against the Titans who are no joke. However Jax is still has a good interior line even without Stroud so I'd sit Slaton this week and give the start to EG.