Sign in to follow this  
hackblack

DST: TEN vs MIA and K: Elam vs Janikowski

I currently have TEN and MIA DST. I also have Janikowski for my K.

I am considering dropping the MIA DST for Elam, who just became available due to ATL's Week 7 Bye.

I need the Mad Pollack for Week 7. So, I can't drop him.

In our league:

TEN (39.8pts/gm) is #2 behind PHI. MIA is 19th(23.4 pts/gm).

Elam is avg 16.0 pts/game (1st). Janikowski is averaging 10.4 pts/gm (21st)

Remaining schedules:

TEN: KC, IND, GB, CHI, JAC, NYJ, DET, CLE, HOU, PIT

MIA: BAL, BUF, DEN, SEA, OAK, NE, STL, BUF, SF, KC

MIA DST appears to be improving and has some interesting matchups remaining. But, TEN seems to be a guarantee every week.

Do I drop MIA and add Elam and go with TEN the rest of the season? Or do I keep 2 DST's and play the matchups every week and just stay with Janikowski every week?

DST Scoring

Fumble/Int - 5 points

Sack - 5 points

Kick/Punt Return Yds - 1 pt/every 20 KRYds

Safety - 6 points

Points Against bonuses apply

Yards Allowed bonuses apply

K Scoring

XP = 1 point

XP missed = -1pt

FG 3 points plus bonuses for yardage

FM missed = -1pt

I currently have TEN and MIA DST. I also have Janikowski for my K.

I am considering dropping the MIA DST for Elam, who just became available due to ATL's Week 7 Bye.

I need the Mad Pollack for Week 7. So, I can't drop him.

In our league:

TEN (39.8pts/gm) is #2 behind PHI. MIA is 19th(23.4 pts/gm).

Elam is avg 16.0 pts/game (1st). Janikowski is averaging 10.4 pts/gm (21st)

Remaining schedules:

TEN: KC, IND, GB, CHI, JAC, NYJ, DET, CLE, HOU, PIT

MIA: BAL, BUF, DEN, SEA, OAK, NE, STL, BUF, SF, KC

MIA DST appears to be improving and has some interesting matchups remaining. But, TEN seems to be a guarantee every week.

Do I drop MIA and add Elam and go with TEN the rest of the season? Or do I keep 2 DST's and play the matchups every week and just stay with Janikowski every week?

DST Scoring

Fumble/Int - 5 points

Sack - 5 points

Kick/Punt Return Yds - 1 pt/every 20 KRYds

Safety - 6 points

Points Against bonuses apply

Yards Allowed bonuses apply

K Scoring

XP = 1 point

XP missed = -1pt

FG 3 points plus bonuses for yardage

FM missed = -1pt

I love K and D questions since most owners don't care much about those positions but I really enjoy researching them.

I just did what I'd almost never do and picked up a SECOND kicker. But that kicker is Elam. I've been trying to get some consistency (for a kicker) and think he'll be it, plus he has a good schedule and dome/favorable weather to finish and the bye is outta the way. I'll drop Suisham after this week and get another position player.

I don't see you not using Tenn. D in favor of Miami's, even with the match ups. You can drop Miami and get Elam, then next week drop Sebastian and pick up either Miami, another D, or a positional player. But then you'll have a great back of the roster tandem of Elam and Tenn. You'll practically never have to worry about either again.

Some interesting Ds to look at if you don't get back Miami are: Saints, Panthers, Cardinals, and Browns.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328997 - help me?

I love K and D questions since most owners don't care much about those positions but I really enjoy researching them.

I just did what I'd almost never do and picked up a SECOND kicker. But that kicker is Elam. I've been trying to get some consistency (for a kicker) and think he'll be it, plus he has a good schedule and dome/favorable weather to finish and the bye is outta the way. I'll drop Suisham after this week and get another position player.

I don't see you not using Tenn. D in favor of Miami's, even with the match ups. You can drop Miami and get Elam, then next week drop Sebastian and pick up either Miami, another D, or a positional player. But then you'll have a great back of the roster tandem of Elam and Tenn. You'll practically never have to worry about either again.

Some interesting Ds to look at if you don't get back Miami are: Saints, Panthers, Cardinals, and Browns.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328997 - help me?

Thanks. I'll probably keep TEN active always. And, then keep ELAM active always. Add/Drops in our league are $5. So, I don't want to spend too much for these positions.

I agree with dropping Janikowski for a positional player. That will be done as soon as it advantageous.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I'll probably keep TEN active always. And, then keep ELAM active always. Add/Drops in our league are $5. So, I don't want to spend too much for these positions.

I agree with dropping Janikowski for a positional player. That will be done as soon as it advantageous.

Thanks again.

A plus is that you are keeping owners of Prater, Mason, Gould, and Longwell from getting Elam next week while those guys are on bye. Plus Carney's out in NY so another owner needing a K, there, too.