Sign in to follow this  
digg1er

Reggie Wayne didn't practice Wed?

Am I overreacting to this?

Reggie Wayne did not take part in Colts practice Wednesday due to what the team is calling a "knee" injury.

The Colts may just be resting Wayne on a short week after playing a Monday night game. His weak stat line in Week 8 was the result of double teaming and tight coverage by Titans CB Cortland Finnegan, not a known injury.

Source:

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport

I have a trade offer out for this guy, and this is making me uneasy. Any homers have any insight?

UPDATE: He didn't practice thursday either. Now I'm starting to worry. Between the way they were so shady with Marvin's injury last year, and Peyton's surgeries this year, I don't trust that organization

I recall reading an article that said he injured the knee earlier in the game, but continued to play. I think he's just giving it an extra day's rest and that he'll play week 9.

HOWEVER, the bigger question for me (because I'm a Wayne owner) is whether he can still be considered an "elite" WR in terms of fantasy football. The past two weeks have been God awful. Something seems terribly wrong with the Colts, and I'm VERY concerned that Wayne will cause me more problems than he will help me.

I'm hoping somebody can give me some positive words of encouragement. I'm not sure any is available at the moment.

So goes the life of owning an NFL receiver. One week awesome, the next, what the fock?

He's been bad, but he'll bounce back. I just traded Harrison because I don't think there's hope for him, but Wayne is Manning's go to guy.

He'll be fine

So goes the life of owning an NFL receiver. One week awesome, the next, what the fock?

He's been bad, but he'll bounce back. I just traded Harrison because I don't think there's hope for him, but Wayne is Manning's go to guy.

He'll be fine

Dallas Clark is Peytons Go to Guy.

Dallas Clark is Peytons Go to Guy.

yeah, the bastard killed me on Monday. Dallas Clark... The Zefram Slayer

HOWEVER, the bigger question for me (because I'm a Wayne owner) is whether he can still be considered an "elite" WR in terms of fantasy football.

I hope you are joking. Let's not go to the extreme because he had two weeks way below par. Every WR usually does throughout the season.

I hope you are joking. Let's not go to the extreme because he had two weeks way below par. Every WR usually does throughout the season.

I'm not joking. We can all agree the Colts are spiraling downward in a bad way. This hurts everybody's value. I owned Wayne last year and I don't remember him having one game as bad as the past two. This is a BIG concern. When I say "elite" WR, I mean somebody who has earned top 10 fantasy points. Wayne has now dropped out of the top 10, and there's a possibility he will remain there if Manning can't get his TD stats back up.

Either the Colts are gonna turn this funk around or they're gonna stay mediocre. I think the game against Tennessee was rather telling. It was a must win for the Colts, and they couldn't do it.

I'm not joking. We can all agree the Colts are spiraling downward in a bad way. This hurts everybody's value. I owned Wayne last year and I don't remember him having one game as bad as the past two. This is a BIG concern. When I say "elite" WR, I mean somebody who has earned top 10 fantasy points. Wayne has now dropped out of the top 10, and there's a possibility he will remain there if Manning can't get his TD stats back up.

Either the Colts are gonna turn this funk around or they're gonna stay mediocre. I think the game against Tennessee was rather telling. It was a must win for the Colts, and they couldn't do it.

I understand your pt, but no way can I say Wayne is no longer an elite WR in regards to FF. Two bad games doesn't worry me one bit. 4-5? Yes.

Also, look at the top 10 WR's right now. Almost every one of them has had at least two bad games this year (S.Moss, White, Jennings, CJ, A.Johnson, Evans, etc). My point? It's pretty common.

Another thing to consider. His two bad games have come when he has faced some of the best pass def's in the league (GB & TEN).

I own him and still feel confident he will be bouncing back. His 2 bad games were against solid D's.

Look at what the remainder of Indy's schedule includes:

Houston, Sad Diego, Cleveland, Ciny, Detroit....

Benching Wayne until further notice. He's lost me enough games.. I'm gonna plug in Avery this week

:dunno:

Benching Wayne until further notice. He's lost me enough games.. I'm gonna plug in Avery this week

:dunno:

See further notice in the post above yours.

Wayne's FF playoff pass defenses include those currently ranked 22 (Jacksonville) and 31 (Detroit). Plus, the Colts will be playing for their playoff lives this December.

I only needed 5.5 from Wayne this week and he let me down big time. :rolleyes:

That being said, I will continue to ALWAYS start Wayne unless he is ruled out for the game

Didn't practice today either per Rotoworld...

Reggie Wayne was held out of practice for the second straight day Thursday due to a knee injury.

There has been no concern expressed by the team or those covering it about Wayne's injury, and it was initially believed he missed Wednesday's practice because Indianapolis is on a short week. But since the Colts are so guarded about injuries it's a situation to monitor. Wayne will likely need to practice on Friday to be available for Sunday Night Football.

From RotoWire:

There are conflicting reports on whether Wayne (knee) returned for Thursday's practice. The Terre Haute News reports he practiced, while the team's official web site says he did not participate. "He thinks he's going to be fine," head coach Tony Dungy told the Indianapolis Star.

Spin: The Colts usually only inform the media of a player's injury status before practice and not after. Both reports may then be correct with the team thinking Wayne wasn't going to practice but then later he got out on the field. Either way, it doesn't sound like Wayne's injury is serious. However, check to see if he practices on Friday.

If I'm not mistaken New Orleans' own Reggie Wayne has not missed a game since entering the league in 2001.

Of course there are times when he actually hurts his team by playing hurt, ala Brett Favre.

This situation is starting to concern me and it doesn't help that Indy plays on Sunday night. I am considering starting Matt Jones is Wayne's place.

If I was only Nostradamus...

Indy is focked if they don't have Wayne.

As a D. Clark owner I disagree :thumbsup:

Clark can fill in nicely

This situation is starting to concern me and it doesn't help that Indy plays on Sunday night. I am considering starting Matt Jones is Wayne's place.

And with the way Indy plays games with injuries, this could prove to be an ugly situation for Wayne owners. I'm thinking about picking up Greg Camarillo and throwing him in my line-up....I'm in must-win mode and can't affort to see Wayne sipping on Gatorade in street clothes come Sunday night.

From RotoWire:

Wayne (knee) did participate in practice on Friday and says he'll be ready to play despite a questionable designation on the injury report. "I'm ready to go," he told the Indianapolis Star.

Linky

Fri. Oct 31, 2008 Source: RotoWire

News: Wayne (knee) is listed as questionable on the official injury report this week against New England, but he says he can play despite missing two days of practice, the team's official web site reports. "That was a little unusual, but he says he thinks he'll be able to go," head coach Tony Dungy said. "He's a guy who has lined up for us just about every week. I think had we had a normal work week he probably would have practiced on Thursday after a Sunday game and would have just taken one day off."

Looks like he'll play!

Of course there are times when he actually hurts his team by playing hurt, ala Brett Favre.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also considering plugging in Matt Jones in Wayne's spot this week. The only problem with waiting to hear about Wayne's status is that Jacksonville has an early game, so I can't afford to wait too long before plugging in Jones. At 4-4 in my league, I'm thinking that getting the sure points would be more beneficial than hoping Wayne plays or possibly getting a zero.

Man, I can't believe I have Owens and Wayne and I am stressing about WRs.

You and I are in the same boat. We start 3 or 4 WR/TE, and it's rough that Avery and Lance Moore are my best WRs now.

Seems as though Wayne should be ok to play. I need him to break out of his slump. He has cost me a win the past 2 weeks. I have lost by a combined 7 points!

You and I are in the same boat. We start 3 or 4 WR/TE, and it's rough that Avery and Lance Moore are my best WRs now.

Seems as though Wayne should be ok to play. I need him to break out of his slump. He has cost me a win the past 2 weeks. I have lost by a combined 7 points!

Make that 3 in the boat.

My best WR's right now are Avery and Roddy White. I have to choose between Owens and Wayne. I think i rather take my chance with Wayne. Owens has no QB so he'll put up his 3-4 catches for 30-40 yards.

Make that 3 in the boat.

My best WR's right now are Avery and Roddy White. I have to choose between Owens and Wayne. I think i rather take my chance with Wayne. Owens has no QB so he'll put up his 3-4 catches for 30-40 yards.

I've pretty much decided to play Wayne, too. If I find out tonight at the last minute he's not going to play, I'll drop someone and pickup Randal El. My hope is that by tonight I'll be far enough ahead in my matchup to not care either way.

NOSTRADUMBASS = one of the greatest fftoday.com posters evah. Evah.