Sign in to follow this  
Tobex

WR sleepers the rest of the way

Want to hear some opinions on some guys under the radar you think will turn it on and become second half wonders. Lets see if we can identify one for each team and find the ones in the best situations. Add your thoughts and players and I'll update as we go.

2008 NFL Regular Season Standings

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills

- James Hardy - Reed is out a few weeks, can he earn Edwards trust?

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Miami Dolphins

- Ted Ginn Jr. - One week wonder, or will he continue to produce. is seeing a good number of targets each week.

- Greg Camarillo - Getting as many targets as Ginn, and Pennington likes to spread the ball around. Won't have the huge games but a solid possession receiver.

North

Pittsburgh Steelers

- Nate Washington - If Santonio Holmes misses more time, Washington seems able to step in an make the big play. He's had a TD each of the last 3 weeks.

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnati Bengals

South

Tennessee Titans

Jacksonville Jaguars

- Mike Walker - Jones will be suspended, and before his injury, he started seeing targets

Indianapolis Colts

- Anthony Gonzalez - Something doesn't seem right with this team, but with Harrison struggling, maybe Gonzalez is the shot in the arm they need

Houston Texans

West

Denver Broncos

San Diego Chargers

Oakland Raiders

- Javon Walker - May not have the most accurate QB, but Russell is looking his way.

- Chaz Schilens - Cable has said he wants him more involved, and he did that last week with 5 targets and 3 catches.

Kansas City Chiefs

NFC

East

New York Giants

- Steve Smith - At some point he has to take over for Toomer doesn't he?

Washington Redskins

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

- Kevin Curtis - Just getting healthy and has a legit WR opposite him now

North

Chicago Bears

- Devin Hester - By all accounts, Hester is running better routes and Orton is giving consistent QB play, if he can get healthy could be in for a big 2nd half.

- Brandon Lloyd - Started well before getting hurt. With Orton playing better and other threats in the passing game, Lloyd could get more looks down field.

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

- Sidney Rice - Has been dinged up all year, redzone threat

Detroit Lions

- Shaun McDonald - Somebody will have to pick up Roy's targets. So far it seem McDonald is doing that.

South

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- Joey Galloway - Under the radar with Bryant playing well. Garcia loved him last year, not on my ww, but may be on a few

Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints

- Lance Moore - Tough to pick the way Brees spreads the ball, but Colston looks rusty coming off his injury.

West

Arizona Cardinals

- Steve Breaston - Hard to be a sleeper behind two of the best, he still saw 14 targets last week

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

San Francisco 49ers

- Josh Morgan - Had a good game 2 weeks ago, then Singletary pulls him for dropping a pass. He's huge, but doing that to a rook can sometimes backfire.

Hester?

Ginn?

Can Lance Moore still be a sleeper? Well with Colston back maybe people thought he would drop off, I think he continues to have some excellent games in spots.

Can Lance Moore still be a sleeper? Well with Colston back maybe people thought he would drop off, I think he continues to have some excellent games in spots.

So then what about Meachem? Is he a bust, learning very slowly, or will he be a factor in the 2nd half?

So then what about Meachem? Is he a bust, learning very slowly, or will he be a factor in the 2nd half?

I wonder about him too. Any homers have anything to say? Not getting very many targets

I wonder about him too. Any homers have anything to say? Not getting very many targets

Minnesota homers, chime in on Sidney Rice. He's likely on the ww for most people. What do you think of his chances the second half?

I dont think Meachem is a bust, I think the Saints just have a lot of talent at WR. Look at his YPC average. The Saints need to trade some of those WR for some Defensive players in the offseason. I guess it is a good problem to have if you are Saints fan though.

Brandon Lloyd

:thumbsup:

Brandon LLoyd is only owned in about 25% of leagues and is the #1 guy in a surging offense (yes I know that sounds strange too). He is coming back either this week or next and could be a good pick up.

Here are my top 5 based on potential...

1. Brandon Lloyd (owned in 23% of leagues)

2. Javon Walker (27% owned)

3. Anthony Gonzalez (60%) - hard to call him a sleeper but for many he's still available and I like the Colts to turn it on in the second half.

4. Sidney Rice (16%) - he's coming back from injury problems but should be good to go soon.

5. Chaz Schillens (not owned) - he's big and strong and had 5 targets last week. Look for the coaches to get him more involved.

Avery should keep it going.

Ginn from Miami will stay pumped and play well.

S.Smith seems to keep getting looks too.

If the Gmen played him, Hixon would be a stud. He's better than Toomer.

A possible sleeper from the Steelers is Nate Washington. With the situation of Santonoi Holmes and the lack of the tight ends in the red zone, this could make Washington a viable sleeper.

There's nothing wrong with Meachem; in fact he's looked great. He hasn't had a lot of targets but look at what he's done with them. Brees has been looking for him in the end zone recently too. - Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet but Brees is actually ahead of pace to break Marino's yardage record. But as of right now he's spreading it around, a lot, and the only guys to really get the bulk of the work have been Bush and Moore. Colston's pretty darn good too, to say the least, but he will be worked back in slowly nonetheless. Moore and Bush fit a roll that Payton designs into his offense, possession, dependability, and the occasional big scoring play when things work out just right.

:rolleyes:

Brandon LLoyd is only owned in about 25% of leagues and is the #1 guy in a surging offense (yes I know that sounds strange too). He is coming back either this week or next and could be a good pick up.

3. Anthony Gonzalez (60%) - hard to call him a sleeper but for many he's still available and I like the Colts to turn it on in the second half.

4. Sidney Rice (16%) - he's coming back from injury problems but should be good to go soon.

5. Chaz Schillens (not owned) - he's big and strong and had 5 targets last week. Look for the coaches to get him more involved.

Just the kind of thing I was looking for. let's keep the suggestions coming!

I'm intrigued by Rice, as he seems to be a redzone target. I like Lloyd, but he hasn't been consistent to date...maybe he starts now? He certainly seemed to be on the cusp earlier in the year.

Josh Morgan (SF)-remember he lit it up in pre-season, then got inkured...will be back after bye ! :rolleyes:

Screw this guy. I gave the rook a chance last week and he f-ing f-ed me. Did not touch the ball despite starting and being behind the entire game.

:thumbsdown:

well I think if you mean wr potential then yes but if its over all potential meaning the wr in question has a qb that isnt 48 and needs help throwing it 25yds then you have to stick with guys in offenses that throw the ball and throw it well....for that reason I think you have to toss out walker and Chaz.....and I think that limits Sidney Rice as well though Berian seems to be doing ok so maybe Rice could help out.

Brandon Lloyd or Devin Hester which ever gets the healthiest first will do well I think ....Morgan has the potential and is lethal the problem is Singeltary wants to run Gore at least 25 times a game and that is not really in mike martz's play book...so tough to see what is going to happen in SF...unfortunately finding that Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson or Avery at this point is going to be tough and getting tougher

Torry Holt (home games only) - going to have some nice matchups in the 2nd half, and Bulger is playing better.

also not really can't believe I traded Forte away for him after Week 1