Sign in to follow this  
WKTSWAY

Commish help...

I commish in 3 different leagues, one re-draft and 2 dynasties. The redraft for 7 years, and the dynasties for 2 and 1.

In the redraft, on Thursday night one hour after the Denver/Cleveland game, this message was posted on the board:

Title: Oops

I meant to start Phillip Rivers this week and not Derek Anderson. I suggest you do the right thing....

Thanks in advance,

So Derek Anderson's team already played, and I think most knew he was not going to start this week. He obviously forgot to put Rivers back in his lineup after his bye week in time and may have forgot there was a Thursday game.

How would you rule something like this? I am usually pretty lenient on certain things, but to change someone who was started altogether may open up a bad can of worms for the future. But I can also understand what could have happened and how the mistake was made.

Thanks for your help.

The player was in the starting line-up when the game started (not to mention an hour after kick-off). He's stuck with Anderson's goose egg were he in my league.

sorry, but how is that really different than a guy on sunday saying "opps....i really meant to switch my guy before the 1 o clock game and forgot.....you know i really wanted to switch"

The league I am comish of, no way would i change it, and in my other leagues, if the commish changed it and i was playing that dude, i would be pissed that he did change it.

In any league I've ever been in, he "oopsed" himself right into zero points at QB this week . It is the owner's job to manage his team - which means paying attention to the NFL game schedule, and of course paying attention to what is happeing to his players. This is BASIC stuff here.

I would suggest that you as commish do the right thing. Which is to leave the result alone. To do anything else here will reward him for not paying attention to his team and potentially throw your league into chaos.

He posted that 1 hour AFTER the game ended? Well, he may have been ignorant that Quinn was getting the start or maybe he was rolling the dice that Quinn would get hurt/yanked for poor performance. You can't judge his intentions so it would be unfair to his opponent for you to sub out a player for him. Consider it a lesson for him and the league; with Thursday games happening the next several weeks you're just asking for trouble if you make a change AFTER the fact.

OK, that's all I pretty much needed to hear. I just wanted some back up opinions just in case.

Yeah, it was 1 hour after the game ended.

I would tell him that he should have managed his team and set his line-up on time. You would be sending the wrong message if you put Rivers in. If any other owner says "oops, I meant to start..." in the future, how will you be able to say no? Also, why didn't this owner set his line-up on time? Maybe next time he will pay more attention.

I agree that there is no way you should make a change for him. You will set yourself up for any other player to come to you later and ask you to make a change because they "forgot".

"I suggest you do the right thing" which is to leave the line up the way he set it.

I would leave it up to the person he was playing. If this happens in my league and it does seem like a pretty legit mistake we leave it up to the other team to decide.

EB

This is an absolute no-brainer. And if I were Commish, I'd tell him:

"Yes, I'm doing the right thing, your line-up stands as is. Better luck next week."

I would leave it up to the person he was playing. If this happens in my league and it does seem like a pretty legit mistake we leave it up to the other team to decide.

EB

leaving it up to the person he was playing is worse than being consistant and actually ALLOWING the change. oponents should NEVER get to determine what you do as comishioner because any decision you make this week, could affect ANY or all of the teams in the future.

doing the right thing is letting the guy take a zero for his qb because 1 of 3 things happened:

1... he didnt know there was a thursday game..... no reason NOT to know if youre managing your team correctly

2... he didn't know Anderson was benched......... see thing that happened #1

3... he knew Anderson was benched and there was a thursday game but just forgot..... .... same answer....

tell him the right thing to do is help him realize that in fantasy football.... as in the real world...there is usually consequences to mistakes you make. oh and tell him there are thursday games the rest of the year so be careful.

I commish in 3 different leagues, one re-draft and 2 dynasties. The redraft for 7 years, and the dynasties for 2 and 1.

In the redraft, on Thursday night one hour after the Denver/Cleveland game, this message was posted on the board:

I meant to start Phillip Rivers this week and not Derek Anderson. I suggest you do the right thing....

Thanks in advance,

So Derek Anderson's team already played, and I think most knew he was not going to start this week. He obviously forgot to put Rivers back in his lineup after his bye week in time and may have forgot there was a Thursday game.

How would you rule something like this? I am usually pretty lenient on certain things, but to change someone who was started altogether may open up a bad can of worms for the future. But I can also understand what could have happened and how the mistake was made.

Thanks for your help.

I would tell him he may not be invited back next year because his management skills are not up to league standards.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for your help.

It is beyond belief that this guy would say "Do the right thing" in his post. For him to even think or suggest the right thing to do is you changing his lineup after the fact is down right ballzy.

We had the same thing happen in my local league with good friends this week. He forgot to take Cambell out of his lineup. The difference is, he didn't expect the commish to give him a break. In fact, he didn't even ask.

If anything should come out of this, it would be to keep an extra eye on this owner that would have the balls to suggest you do such a thing. Unbelievable.

No way would I change. I'm sure he would have posted the Oops if Anderson has a 30 point point.

leaving it up to the person he was playing is worse than being consistant and actually ALLOWING the change. oponents should NEVER get to determine what you do as comishioner because any decision you make this week, could affect ANY or all of the teams in the future.

doing the right thing is letting the guy take a zero for his qb because 1 of 3 things happened:

1... he didnt know there was a thursday game..... no reason NOT to know if youre managing your team correctly

2... he didn't know Anderson was benched......... see thing that happened #1

3... he knew Anderson was benched and there was a thursday game but just forgot..... .... same answer....

tell him the right thing to do is help him realize that in fantasy football.... as in the real world...there is usually consequences to mistakes you make. oh and tell him there are thursday games the rest of the year so be careful.

da budman makes several good points. i was also going to point out that results don't only effect ONE team - that's short-sighted thinking.

fantasy football is a form of gambling - even if it's for no money & you're just gambling your pride. i wonder if this guy would tell a bookie that he meant to bet cleveland an hour after the game. :headbanger:

& "i suggest you do the right thing" is pretty damn presumptuous. i'm the commish in my league & this would be a no-brainer - he's SOL. the only way i'd let this fly is if he posted to the league board just before actual gametime - some sites lock you out a few minutes early. i allow posting TO ALL if you meant to do something, but couldn't. this guy has no excuse.

I suggest he should've done the right thing by setting his own lineup.

Rules are rules man. Too bad. Stuck with a zero.

awww... cut the guy some slack, I mean seriously, it was obvious who he was going to start, maybe he got busy. Do the right thing bro. geez, there is a reason 'fantasy' is in the title fantasy football.

:wacko:

<_<