Sign in to follow this  
edjr

If you had a retarded child, would you tell everyone?

My wife had our last kid at 35; the docs suggested amnio and we declined, as we would have kept the baby regardless. My cousin's daughter has Down's and she is a wonderful young adult. I just could never imagine aborting a human life, my child, because he/she is not perfect. But that's just me.

That being said, if my wife got pregnant now at 42... well, I've had the V so I'd suspect it was from that large black waiter she was flirting with who prolly has a coke-can-thick peemus, so I might have a different attitude. :o

My wife had our last kid at 35; the docs suggested amnio and we declined, as we would have kept the baby regardless. My cousin's daughter has Down's and she is a wonderful young adult. I just could never imagine aborting a human life, my child, because he/she is not perfect. But that's just me.

That being said, if my wife got pregnant now at 42... well, I've had the V so I'd suspect it was from that large black waiter she was flirting with who prolly has a coke-can-thick peemus, so I might have a different attitude. :dunno:

It was me bro. :doublethumbsup:

Raise it, abort it, whatever you need to do. :dunno:

:first:

My wife had the test - Amniocentesis. They stick a big needle in you and take out fluid from around the baby and test it. Down syndrome chances increase in older women having children. my wife was 36 and they did the testing around week 14. It was negative so we had the baby but we would have had him aborted if he had downs. Sorry, but its tough enough raising a healthy child in today's world.

You'd have stopped your child from being born because it was going to require extra work and attention? :first:

You'd have stopped your child from being born because it was going to require extra work and attention? :rolleyes:

the same as I bet 75% of everyone else, cept they wouldn't admit it.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think anyone who would kill their child just to prevent more work for themselves deserves to have children. If that's your reasoning for abortion, it really says a lot about you as a person.

Eddie, everybody is not like you.

Quit trying to make yourself think so.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think anyone who would kill their child just to prevent more work for themselves deserves to have children. If that's your reasoning for abortion, it really says a lot about you as a person.

My Ex-girlfriend and myself got pregnant. Then I found out I was going to have to change some diapers. I threw the b!tch down the stairs. It was an "accident" that the kid didn't make it. What can I say. The thought of those smelly, poop filled panties just got to me and I snapped. I wonder if that had anything to do with the breakup? :unsure:

This thread is kinda focked up.

Especially since there is a geek on this bored that has a child with Downs.

But there are some pretty funny posts.

The Phillybear rant made me semi-hard. :unsure:

My Ex-girlfriend and myself got pregnant. Then I found out I was going to have to change some diapers. I threw the b!tch down the stairs. It was an "accident" that the kid didn't make it. What can I say. The thought of those smelly, poop filled panties just got to me and I snapped. I wonder if that had anything to do with the breakup? :doublethumbsup:

Your girlfriend was incontinent?

:doublethumbsup:

I always call Bush retarded, but I feel bad if any retards take offense at that comparison. I only mean he's mentally impared. Most retards are sweet, gentle people while Bush is a useless a$$hole.

There is something quite sexy about retard sex. You get a burly guy to stick his huge c0ck up some retard broad's fartbox. As he pulls her hair and smacks her ass cheeks, she is mumbling something more unintelligible than usual. Finally, he pulls his d!ck out, punches her in the back of the head, and wipes his mule on her hair. And even if she tries telling someone of you taking advantage of her, no one is going to believe a story from a retard with sh!t in her hair.

:thumbsdown:

Seriously.

Yes they do and it's one of the reasons the new president is ok with late term abortions and the same reason I agree with him 100%

u do realize that those tests are not 100% accurate don't u? My wife and I are expecting our first child in March and our doctor told us that she recommends this procedure, however she also said that it is not 100% accurate. Knowing that they are not completely accurate, how in the world could any human being kill their child based off of this test? Makes me sick to think about it. My wife and I will love our child exactly the same way regardless of what conditions the child may or may not have. That is our jobs as parents.

u do realize that those tests are not 100% accurate don't u? My wife and I are expecting our first child in March and our doctor told us that she recommends this procedure, however she also said that it is not 100% accurate. Knowing that they are not completely accurate, how in the world could any human being kill their child based off of this test? Makes me sick to think about it. My wife and I will love our child exactly the same way regardless of what conditions the child may or may not have. That is our jobs as parents.

They are over 99% accurate. Nothing in the world is 100% accurate. Any doctor who tells you thay are not 100% accurate is probably a pro lifer.

They are over 99% accurate. Nothing in the world is 100% accurate. Any doctor who tells you thay are not 100% accurate is probably a pro lifer.

Link? No way that they are over 99% accurate. My sister's doctor told her the same thing. My wife has tons of literature on the test, so I will take a look at the stuff she has tomorrow.

You have to be careful with such statistics. They probably refer to the probability of detecting the problem given one. The question is the opposite: what is the probability of a problem given a positive result? For that you need Bayes theorem, which includes a factor for the probability of the problem in the first place. If that probability is very low, the result from the above exercise can be far from 99%.

HTH

Yes and I would name him ed

:thumbsup:

TO which test are you referring that's 99%?

Amnio of course is close to 100%, as it tests the actual genetic material in the fluid.

AFP (AlphaFetoProtein) is no where near 100%, as it's just a blood test for the mom and can only be used within a certain time period. IF you are off by even two weeks when you perform this test, youcan get serious false negatives and false positives.

CVS (ChorionicVilliSampling) is also close to 100% as it actually takes cells from the placenta, again, genetic material being tested, where they can actually see if you have a Trisomy or other kind of genetic defect.

not everyone has the means to support a child with downs :rolleyes:

p.s. im so glad theres no icons for membrs here, god knows what u sick focks would do with that :cheers:

not everyone has the means to support a child with downs :dunno:

p.s. im so glad theres no icons for membrs here, god knows what u sick focks would do with that :nono:

:thumbsup:

most people don't have the means to support a normal child, yet they keep having them :wall:

not everyone has the means to support a child with downs :first:

p.s. im so glad theres no icons for membrs here, god knows what u sick focks would do with that :lol:

so you just kill it? Not have the means to support it? If you're planning to have a baby, you'd be stupid not to realize the potential difficulties and medical expenses that could come from anywhere. If you don't have the means for that, don't have the baby.

so you just kill it? Not have the means to support it? If you're planning to have a baby, you'd be stupid not to realize the potential difficulties and medical expenses that could come from anywhere. If you don't have the means for that, don't have the baby.

Tell that to Laquisha.

Tell that to Laquisha.

I've tried. But apparently it's our duty as Americans to pay for those who make focked up choices and can't take care of themselves, as well as offer them a reset button on human life and pretend it's okay just out of conveinience.

IMO, there are more than medical expenses when you're talking about a disabled child. It's not neccessarily the $$$ that people can't handle, but some of the emotional aspects as well.

IMO, there are more than medical expenses when you're talking about a disabled child. It's not neccessarily the $$$ that people can't handle, but some of the emotional aspects as well.

A couple of nights ago, a 2 hour old baby was found in the bathroom ad McD's. :thumbsup:

They would have been better off dropping it off at a chinese restaurant I'm guessing.

and the potential for this should shock people? If you don't know that's a possibility going in and aren't prepared to deal with it, don't have a child.

and the potential for this should shock people? If you don't know that's a possibility going in and aren't prepared to deal with it, don't have a child.

That's what they're doing. They're choosing not to have the child.

A couple of nights ago, a 2 hour old baby was found in the bathroom ad McD's. :thumbsup:

They would have been better off dropping it off at a chinese restaurant I'm guessing.

It's obviously not your baby.

Everyone knows that you can't get a baby out of another man's azz.

Until THAT happens, you got nothing to worry about.

No. They're treating it as a focking order at a restaurant. They order and then decide they dont want it when it isn't what they had in their perfect little vision. Life has unpredictable circumstances. If you aren't prepared to deal with whatever those are, don't put yourself in a situation where they'll affect you.

No. They're treating it as a focking order at a restaurant. They order and then decide they dont want it when it isn't what they had in their perfect little vision. Life has unpredictable circumstances. If you aren't prepared to deal with whatever those are, don't put yourself in a situation where they'll affect you.

You're that 18 year old virgin from Kentucky, right?

You're that 18 year old virgin from Kentucky, right?

oversimplified, but yes. By all means, discount my perspective because of that. It's much easier than expecting people to take responsibility for their decisions and asking them to be prepared for the potential problems that may arise.

oversimplified, but yes. By all means, discount my perspective because of that. It's much easier than expecting people to take responsibility for their decisions and asking them to be prepared for the potential problems that may arise.

but having a child with downs is not a responsibilty they were signing up for.

but having a child with downs is not a responsibilty they were signing up for.

I think that is his point. You don't know what your signing up for. That is the fascinating part of pregnancy, there are so many surprises. Hopefully all of the surprises are good, but some may not be and as an adult or parent you need to take responsibility for what is thrown your way and overcome it. Not just hit the reset button, kill your child and start from scratch. What if you wanted a boy and found out it was a girl? Your not happy, so your just going to kill your own child and start over again? Sick, very sick.

I think that is his point. You don't know what your signing up for. That is the fascinating part of pregnancy, there are so many surprises. Hopefully all of the surprises are good, but some may not be and as an adult or parent you need to take responsibility for what is thrown your way and overcome it. Not just hit the reset button, kill your child and start from scratch. What if you wanted a boy and found out it was a girl? Your not happy, so your just going to kill your own child and start over again? Sick, very sick.

Look, if you knew your kid was going to grow up to be and live like GoColts, wouldn't you want to nip that sucker in the bud?

I mean, that's just cruel...

Look, if you knew your kid was going to grow up to be and live like GoColts, wouldn't you want to nip that sucker in the bud?

I mean, that's just cruel...

ha.. humorous, but NO!. There isn't any reason that I would want to kill a baby.

ha.. humorous, but NO!. There isn't any reason that I would want to kill a baby.

I like your name, please tell me you're female. :pointstosky:

I like your name, please tell me you're female. :pointstosky:

sorry man, not female. Not ghey either, so ur out of luck.