Sign in to follow this  
Pigskin SkallyWags

Chargers final play !

On the final play in the Chargers game they kept lateralling it back and forth and Chambers was the last to have it when Pittsburgh recovered the ball and took it in for a TD. But will they charge Chambers with a FUMBLE?

On the final play in the Chargers game they kept lateralling it back and forth and Chambers was the last to have it when Pittsburgh recovered the ball and took it in for a TD. But will they charge Chambers with a FUMBLE?

Absolutely, but the final ruling was that it was an illegal forward pass. But it clearly wasn't, and neither was the one before it, so don't be suprised if it ends up a Chambers fumble.

According to the play by play, the ruling was an illegal forward pass from LT to Chambers.

NFL Network is showing highlights on this game after the commercial break, so we'll get a chance to look at it.

The ruling on the field was the LT2 to CC lateral was forward/illegal.

Cannot return an illegal forward pass for a TD.

Presumably that will get reversed...if the lateral was ruled illegal (even though replay shows they got it wrong), then no fumble, eh?

But they ruled it an forward lateral so should it be a FUMBLE? I dont get that...

There is no such thing as a "forward lateral", it's called a forward pass, and in this case it would be an illegal forward pass. If it's a lateral, by definition it either thrown completely laterally or backwards...the second it's even an inch forward it's a pass.

According to the play by play, the ruling was an illegal forward pass from LT to Chambers.

NFL Network is showing highlights on this game after the commercial break, so we'll get a chance to look at it.

Final ruling was illegal forward pass.. which was a bad call. It should have been a fumble and a D/ST TD as there was clearly no forward pass. Yes, I am playing Chambers, but I would image PITT D/ST owners are a bit pissed.

Final ruling was illegal forward pass.. which was a bad call. It should have been a fumble and a D/ST TD as there was clearly no forward pass. Yes, I am playing Chambers, but I would image PITT D/ST owners are a bit pissed.

:shocking:

On the replay they have to be 100% sure, right? :wall:

:shocking:

On the replay they have to be 100% sure, right? :wall:

It doesn't matter... The play after the review was reversed, thus an illegal forward pass is the outcome and the play was dead after that.... no D/ST TD... no Chamber fumble. They will not change the stats after the game as it will change the score and the NFL never does that. My guess is that the ref wants to get his rocks off by making the game end 10-11 and be part of history... however small that history is.

Just watched it again...LT2 pitched it at the 25.5, CC caught it at the 26

Good call on the review

No TD thus should be no fumble lost for CC (and presumably this will be corrected)

Biggest bunch of Fockn Horse shat i have ever seen. that was clearly a Pitt Def Td.

must of been some mafia bull fockn shat and someone would lose a home over that play.

they even went to a tv review and still blew it.......WTF IS GOING ON......I AM SO FOKN PISSED .....FOK OF REFS :shocking: :wall:

ps....signed pitt def owner who needed every possible pt this week........ <_<

Just watched it again...LT2 pitched it at the 25.5, CC caught it at the 26

Good call on the review

No TD thus should be no fumble lost for CC (and presumably this will be corrected)

ok.....16 and 33....if you say it was the right call i feel alot better......whew..... :wall:

it sure didnt look that way live......thanks....

ok.....16 and 33....if you say it was the right call i feel alot better......whew..... :thumbsdown:

it sure didnt look that way live......thanks....

Saw the replay and can't say I agree with 16 and 33....heck, even Deion Sanders thought it was legal, so you know it must me true!

I think what makes it deceiving is LT2 is running forward...after he throws it to CC, he passes him, so it appears that it was backwards...but the ball was released from the 25.5 and caught at the 26.

I think what makes it deceiving is LT2 is running forward...after he throws it to CC, he passes him, so it appears that it was backwards...but the ball was released from the 25.5 and caught at the 26.

I just saw the replay again... It was no where close to being a forward pass.... LT was running forward and clearly flipped it behind his back....

He does flip it behind him with his left hand...at the point of release, it's at the 25.5 (his body is at the 26)...ball goes forward to Chambers at the 26.

Look at it in HD and in slo-mo, it's fairly clear it was an illegal forward lateral.

The NFL admitted that Troy Polamalu's fumble return for a touchdown in the waning seconds of Sunday's game against the Chargers should have counted according to Rotoworld. Officials focked it up and cost a lot of games and a lot of people money in the gambling arena. Glad booth reviews are there to keep things in line!

But will they charge Chambers with a FUMBLE?

They have now changed the stats and Chambers does not get charged with a fumble, per the ruling after reviewing the play (e.g., illegal forward pass).

Love the refs screwing this up with my Chargers +5!

winner winner chicken dinner

Good piece in the Fifth Down blog tonight about how nuts it was in Vegas for about 5-10 minutes today while they straightened it out.

So...the illegal forward pass from LT to Chambers (as others have pointed out) did not look to be forward because it was behind LT - though the ball did go forward. This is where the refs really screwed up - the TD should have scored as PIT should have been allowed to decline the actual penalty.

I played CC owners twice today, didn't matter in one league, but in the other, MBIII plus the 2 point reversal on the fumble ruling means I now need 19 yards from Braylon.

I have to depend on Braylon Edwards.

FMTT

Love the refs screwing this up with my Chargers +5!

winner winner chicken dinner

:headbanger:

99 times out of 100 I have been on the wrong side of this, definitely never won it the way some fools almost won it. Takin my $$$#$$$$$$$$ and running fast. That was fun to see, thank god the replay refs had SD like me!!

:headbanger: :overhead:

:lol: