Sign in to follow this  
Dallas_Empire

Official Dallas vs Pittsburgh Thread!

Dallas was robbed! We dominated the entire game up until the last few minutes. The fix is in and Tomlin and his steroid curtain are cheaters.

Dallas was robbed! We dominated the entire game up until the last few minutes. The fix is in and Tomlin and his steroid curtain are cheaters.

Way to be a man about it. :pointstosky:

The fix is in...

D_E... you're right. It would be interesting to hear how Romo made out for throwing the game. Man up dude, Big D choked!

The Stealers are evil cheaters.

Dallas_Empire about to change his name again!!!!

Now Dallas_Pimp!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

DALLAS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple things . . .

I have all the more respect for guys like redtodd and many Patriots' fans, who came in and gave props quick, and that despite a Steeler Nation onslaught from some of my compatriots. This thread really puts that in perspective. Thanks for the clas, guys.

Second, refs? Please. That's the best you could do? You really don't want to go that way.

That was a great game, with a little bit of everything you could want. I'd hate to be Cowboys fan right now, because those losses hurt (I know, Indy & NYG stung bad). I was a little ticked with the steady regimen of Dallas defensive "injuries" . . . to players who miraculously healed two plays later. But they played very well, and I thought for a while it was their game.

But the Steeler defense stepped to a new level today, in my mind. Dallas had some success in the third quarter - major kudos! - and the Steeler D looked on their heels. But then they started to look angry in the fourth quarter, and they stepped up huge! I told my wife in 2nd quarter that the Steelers defense was going to have to score, because the offense was atrocious. I love Deshea Townsend. Oh, and Tony Romo's QB rating? No, no . . . that's just not kind.

Oh, and the biggest news that came out of that game . . . Ike Taylor caught an interception. He CAN catch. Who knew?

I really wish we could get an honest opinion of today's game from pimp. But oh well.

I was very impressed with the Dallas D. But not impressed at all with their O. Other then Choice, no one stepped up. AT ALL. He accounted for 166 of their 289 yards. Where was Roy Williams? TO?? A TD catch yes but 3 catches??? Puhhhlease. 3 good drives don't make a potent O. Guess they won't be hanging 40 on anyone in December.

Always thought Pimp_Daddy and Dallas_Empire was a fat guy sitting in a trailer!

How odd; I picture them as the guys who clean up adult theater 'tug room' floors........................................with straws.

Oh, and the biggest news that came out of that game . . . Ike Taylor caught an interception. He CAN catch. Who knew?

Well, it was a perfect throw.

Ike "Hands of Stone" Taylor can not only stonewall TO all day (except for the freakin 8+ seconds that Rhomo was given to throw on the TD) pass but can indeed catch a ball.

Polamalu is a freakin beast...he makes every tackle and is sure handed and is all over the damned field.

The Steelers defense is all that is advertised and more. With a pathetic showing by the Steelers offense they still won the freakin game.

Dallas still can't win in December...enjoy your post season at home Cowgirls fans...that's where you'll be spending it.

oh yeah, one more thing...

20-13 you loudmouthed, blow hard, know it all focknut!!!

Seriously, take it like a man. My Giants crapped in their pants today. I can't hide that. The Cowboys needed to make playa late and didn't do it. The Steelers did. End of story.

Dallas got cheated and the game was stolen by the stealers. Enjoy the corrupt nfl!

oh wow, that's a whole lot of

:nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

20 - 13 !!!

:nono:

Dallas got cheated and the game was stolen by the stealers. Enjoy the corrupt nfl! :thumbsup:

So is that the excuse for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 ?

I think we need to petition congress, that in order to label yourself America's Team, you need to win a playoff game at least every 12 years.

So is that the excuse for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 ?

I think we need to petition congress, that in order to label yourself America's Team, you need to win a playoff game at least every 12 years.

Dumb, especially coming from Steelers fan who's team was handed the Super Bowl win by the refs a few years ago, in the worst SuperBowl ever played. Before that, Dallas beat the Steelers in the SuperBowl.

So Dallas_Empire is really FlaHawker and not pimptaddy? :unsure:

YES! It's always the refs :thumbsup:

Dallas Empire/pimptaddy would have to climb up two rungs on the douschebag evolutionary ladder to be a asshat. Flahawker ain't so bad...

great game. tough, physical, exciting, yet unnerving and frustrating. dallas played great for about 3.5 qtrs, and then self-destructed. their defense was awesome all day, and answered the call on the road to show they too can play at the level of the league's best ranked unit. they kept the team in the game early despite the three 1st half turnovers. the song on romo will continue now that he has bothced another opportunity for a big game late in the season. i was quizzical on the late throws into the wind that were still sailing high and too far---as if he was adding too much mustard onto the passes to compensate for wind, and instead overcompensated [also some bad looks in there].

the steelers are just a gritty tough squad. they looked like they were gonna have to answer the critics about getting beaten up 3/4 games with the nfc east [giants and eagles both roughed them up defensively]; instead, they hang in on defense and force mistakes to get roth another chance to make a play. they aqlmost blew their 300yds allowed streak, but in the end, did enough to get off the field. the story of this team is funny: despite all the injuries [roth, parker] and inability to run the ball, their defense keeps them in games and they win ugly if/when necessary. its def a squad you do not want to face in the playoffs.

I'm almost tempted to temporarily remove Pimp_Taddy from ignore to see how epic the self owning in this thread is.

I'm almost tempted to temporarily remove Pimp_Taddy from ignore to see how epic the self owning in this thread is.

5:10 left in the 4th

Score 13-6

Ben drops back to pass and throws a 1st down pass to Nate Washington. The only problem, the ball hits the ground. All the Cowboys in the area are signaling for an incomplete pass, but the refs spot the ball as a good catch to no avail.

No replay from FOX at the time of the play or at any time that followed during that game tieing drive. And no arguments from the DoughBoy.

For those of you that have an HD DVR like me, just go to this point in the game and watch it in slow-mo, it's more than obvious the ball hits the ground.

Just wondering, in terms of wins and loses (not so much about stats, like the Troy fumble recovery from a few weeks ago against the Chargers), does anyone remember the last time the Steelers lost a game, a very close game, that could have very well been decided by a refs call or no call?!? Funny how things seem to almost always work in their favor with stuff like that...

Score 13-6

Ben drops back to pass and throws a 1st down pass to Nate Washington. The only problem, the ball hits the ground. All the Cowboys in the area are signaling for an incomplete pass, but the refs spot the ball as a good catch to no avail.

No replay from FOX at the time of the play or at any time that followed during that game tieing drive. And no arguments from the DoughBoy.

For those of you that have an HD DVR like me, just go to this point in the game and watch it in slow-mo, it's more than obvious the ball hits the ground.

Just wondering, in terms of wins and loses (not so much about stats, like the Troy fumble recovery from a few weeks ago against the Chargers), does anyone remember the last time the Steelers lost a game, a very close game, that could have very well been decided by a refs call or no call?!? Funny how things seem to almost always work in their favor with stuff like that...

Um, yes. Yes, there are. Quite a few. You might want to step back and consider that your view is a bit jaded right now. And while you harp on that one play, remember it was a first down play. They moved freely down the field on that drive, suggesting that maybe, just maybe, they would have gotten the first down anyway . . . and this is discussed on no visual evidence to back up your rhetoric to begin with.

Please just don't. It was a great game.

Dallas got cheated and the game was stolen by the stealers. Enjoy the corrupt nfl! :music_guitarred:

Damn those refs and their remote controlled ball; couldn't they have stopped with just one interception? :rolleyes: Three was uncalled for.

Dallas Empire/pimptaddy would have to climb up two rungs on the douschebag evolutionary ladder to be a asshat. Flahawker ain't so bad...

I believe when Chuck Darwin was sitting on the Beagle, he removed the asshat level from the evolutionary ladder during the rewrite of his theory. I, however, agree with jgcrawfish and believe it should be reinstated here as this is the perfect example.

Polamalu is a freakin beast...he makes every tackle and is sure handed and is all over the damned field.

Could not agree more.

Just hoping we don't relive the end of last season with its 1-4 finish. :music_guitarred: It was almost Dallasesque.

But it's Monday morning and let's enjoy the win for a day. Great game, guys!

I've been thinking about this . . . I'm not sure that anyone can say that Dallas "dominated" the game. Spun another way, they had one really good quarter - the third. The first half was played to a draw, and that was because of exceptional defense on both sides, and a little "prevent nothing" by the Steelers at the end of the half. The third quarter was owned by the Cowboys, who apparently did something at halftime that was really good. THAT was the ONLY quarter they dominated. The fourth quarter belonged to the Steelers.

Great game. On to Baltimore.

1. No replay on FOX because PIT ran a no huddle and there was not time.

2. That is what the red flag is for. Or had they wasted both of their challenges by then? I know they had one overturned and one upheald.

3. :music_guitarred: :rolleyes: :cry:

Score 13-6

Dallas Empire is by far the biggest loser on the entire Internet. And he has a womens size Pen!s.

What a crybaby. What are you talking about?

He's talking about the ref who lines up behind center for the Cowboys and just tossed that pick-6 right into Deshea Townsends hands! Oh no, my bad, that was "Mr. December" doing that...

:cheers: :nono: :huh: :overhead: :overhead:

Baby Jesus is a Steelers fan!!!!!!!!

Amen Brother!!!

:cheers:

haven't read through the entire thread (buried in finals at the moment), but i just wanted to say that that was a GREAT game. hated to lose, but still had fun watching. hats off to ben--that final drive showed guts, especially after getting hammered all day.

the pitt D is great, but i think everyone has to acknowledge that tashard choice did a standout job. when the rookie 3rd string RB gets his first start against the top D in the league and puts up those kinds of numbers in a pressure game, you have to applaud that kind of performance.

romo, OTOH...

as far as the dallas defense goes, no one can argue that they really proved something. despite an incredible deficit in field position and a mountain of turnovers, they held the steelers to 13points and 238 total yards in their own house. they absolutely did their job--the offense just gave the game away.

i am curious though, about this post:

WTF???

23, 14, 23

That's the Steelers offensive output against the 2nd (Baltimore), 3rd (Giants) and 6th (Redskins) ranked defenses in the league. And let me be bluntly honest, there is NO FREAKIN WAY the Cowboys are near as good defensively as any of the three and this is ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKIN WAY IN HELL the Cowboys hold the Steelers to three FG if none of those three defenses could keep the Steelers from scoring two TD's...

thanks for playing...b-bye

so, jg...they didn't hold the steelers to 3FG. but they did perform better than the 3 top-10 defenses you listed. after an entire game of making the steelers offense look downright silly, are you prepared to admit that the cowboys' top-10 defensive ranking is legit?

i am curious though, about this post:

so, jg...they didn't hold the steelers to 3FG. but they did perform better than the 3 top-10 defenses you listed. after an entire game of making the steelers offense look downright silly, are you prepared to admit that the cowboys' top-10 defensive ranking is legit?

The defense played great for Dallas . . . although one questions the injuries. That was either chicanery or lack of toughness. Either way, I was disappointed with that and felt that it cheapened their stellar effort.

I think Pittsburgh should have stuck with Mewelde Moore, though. He ran effectively when he was in, but they refused to let him go. I thought that was a mistake. And I'm a Parker fan. Pittsburgh just blew that one, in my opinion.