Sign in to follow this  
Belushi

Dear Jets fans

Thanks for the 3rd round pick. Too bad you were too shite to make the playoffs after an 8-3 start to give us a 2nd rounder, but oh well. Hope you enjoyed Brett's passes to the other team. Buyer beware.

Signed,

The Green Bay Packers

Thanks for the 3rd round pick. Too bad you were too shite to make the playoffs after an 8-3 start to give us a 2nd rounder, but oh well. Hope you enjoyed Brett's passes to the other team. Buyer beware.

Signed,

The Green Bay Packers

Very Tacky.

This was not a bad move by the Jets, it didn't work out but it was worth a shot.

Green Bay Packer Fan

They gave up a 3rd round pick, lost Pennington who looks pretty good without allot of talent around him, and are left with no QB for next year, since Brett doesn't look like he's comgin back. And they missed the playoffs. And it wasn't a bad move?

Question for the Jets fans - do you believe that Pennington would have played as well with the Jets as he did with Miami?

Hell no Miami knew what to do with him. With us it would have been the same old sh!t. But I'll tell you this much..whatever Chad would have done for us, it would have been a hundred times better than what Brett did

Hell no Miami knew what to do with him. With us it would have been the same old sh!t. But I'll tell you this much..whatever Chad would have done for us, it would have been a hundred times better than what Brett did

Fair enough. I was thinking that the Jets were not going to be as good with Pennington, but Favre really stunk up the joint at the tail end of the season. Poor decisions along with poor throws. I also did not like some of the play calls that were being made. For example, why are they going with an empty backfield on 3rd and 2 all of the time. Play action is not part of the equation, running is not part of the equation.

when the trade happened i was not thrilled.. i am a pennington fan but even i realized the Jets needed a change of mentality at QB.

When the team was 8-3 this was the greatest move of the season right? and i still say in that thursday night game against the Pats when New England came all the way back to tie the game, the Jets would have had no faith with Chad under center. They would have been deflated.

now granted, Favre made a ton of mistakes and possibly cost this team the playoffs with his poor play down the stretch but for a third rounder, i suppose it was worth seeing what could happen. In hindsight, perhaps this team would have been better off sticking to rebuilding the defense and offensive line (which were both successes imo) and leaving Chad at QB. If nothing else expectations would have been a bit lower.

I just don't think Chad goes to Miami and averages 7.6 while Favre is on NY averageing 6.6 per pass and no blame gets put on New Yorks play calling? Chad's arm didn't just change overnight. As someone already pointed out, Miami knew how to use him better.... maybe take a look at Parcells who drafted Chad.

I hope Favre sticks around for one more season (at least i think i hope) to see how some of the younger players continue to improve (specifically Keller and Gholston) and see what they can do next year with a new coach. But if he retires, it won't be all that bad. The nucleus of the team is pretty young... Revis, Rhodes, Harris, Washington, D-Brick, Mangold, Cotchery and even the older key veterans still have 3 more years in them at least.... Ellis, Jenkins, Faneca. Jets can draft a QB and hope he is ready for a SB push in 2 or 3 years.

I find it hard to believe that any Jets fan is honestly pleased with the entire Brett Favre experiment.

I find it hard to believe that any Jets fan is honestly pleased with the entire Brett Favre experiment.

i doubt any of us are pleased so to speak. The rebuilding in its totality I feel was well done. But perhaps stopping short of bringing in Brett would have actually been better.

besides Favre it is hard to argue that any of the moves made by the Jets this offseason did not greatly improve their team. Faneca is going to another pro bowl and helped turn that o-line and run game into one of the best in the league. Jenkins single handedly improved that run defense greatly. Calvin Pace did fairly well at LB. Dustin Keller shows alot of promise at TE. Gholston hasn't worked out like they hoped but lets give him a little time.