Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Can Obama live up to all this hype?

link

A national poll suggests that three-quarters of the public thinks President-elect Barack Obama is a strong and decisive leader, the highest marks for a president-elect on that characteristic in nearly three decades.

This is crazy. The guy has never even ran a lemonade stand, and folks think this??? Beyond belief.

The bigger problem seems to be this though. How can this guy, or any man for that matter, possibly live up to these expectations??? I have NEVER seen a person get put on such a high pedastal by so many.

With all this hype form the main stream media, will they make sure he doesn't fail with their selective coverage???

I hope this guy proves me wrong and is an amazing POTUS. I am actually a little encouraged with his apparent backtracking on promises he made to get elected(taxes).

I have also been following a couple of stories on his appointments to the cabinet. The first story, the woman groups were b1tching and moaning that he didn't have enough woman on his cabinet. Then, the next story a few days latter, the blacks were b!tching and moaning that he didn't appoint enough blacks to his cabinet. All of which I thought was way out of line. These groups are NEVER happy.

:thumbsdown:

Will you go and get banned again? PLEASE?

Obama is a very charismatic leader and has given the American people confidence which after W FAIL, the country needs. Much like when Reagan took office and Carter left. I also think the confidence comes as much from dumb dumb leaving office as it is Obama coming into it.

GCLMHB's :thumbsdown:

:rolleyes:

Obama is a very charismatic leader and has given the American people confidence which after W FAIL, the country needs. Much like when Reagan took office and Carter left. I also think the confidence comes as much from dumb dumb leaving office as it is Obama coming into it.

GCLMHB's :thumbsup:

Except that what Reagan did is the polar opposite of Obama's plan.

I fear that he has a "Solomon split the baby" general mentality, hopefully I'm wrong. I'd rather he go guns ablazing after policies that I completely disagree with than be a wishy washy pussbag. At least then I know what I'm dealing with.

I'm sure he will have your support. After all, you don't want the country to fail, right? :thumbsup:

Exactly right, unlike the Democrats in the last couple of years.

Exactly right, unlike the Democrats in the last couple of years.

Every day I was praying to the God I don't believe in, "Please send the economy into a tailspin! And also, if you could foster a Taliban resurgence that would be super."

If I had known it was going to work I would have prayed for Jennifer Love Hewitt to go for a ride in my van.

I voted for Ron Paul so don't blame me. :shocking:

Really? As much as you were on Obama's jock?

He really has nothing to live up to, other than making everyone feel better about the fact that he was elected, and anyone can now aspire to that, even if they aren't from here.

Really? As much as you were on Obama's jock?

Link to me being on Obama's jock?

I live in NH....the Libertarian Free State Project. You must have me confused with TorridTiki.

Hussein Obama is a fraud.

Except that what Reagan did is the polar opposite of Obama's plan.

I fear that he has a "Solomon split the baby" general mentality, hopefully I'm wrong. I'd rather he go guns ablazing after policies that I completely disagree with than be a wishy washy pussbag. At least then I know what I'm dealing with.

That argument might have worked w/ Kerry but where has Obama been wishy washy?

His name is Hussein? I bet none of the people that voted for him knew that. If only someone had made an effort to point that out before the election.

well played.

For good or bad, it's a two party system so Barack Obama and the Democrats are our only hope. I'm very relieved there are so many centrists and so few liberals in his administration. Not bad for the "most liberal senator in the country". These are good folks and I feel a lot more comfortable with them in charge.

Hopefully the center holds, the Dems don't go too far left, and things stay like this.

Now, I respect the Michigan GOP well enough to vote for their candidates on the local/state level, but have no intention at present to send any Republicans to Washington or vote for one for president for a long, long time. I didn't even vote for McCain and that's the absolute best candidate I could expect them to put forward.

Hopefully we never revisit 60s/70s style liberalism (and especialy never revisit 2000s style conservatism) in my lifetime. But what are the chances of that? Some day the Dems star will run it's course, they'll get overambitious and overextend. The liberals won't stay pacified. We'll see what shape the GOP is in then, but they richly deserve the prolonged drought out of power I predict we'll see if/when things improve under Obama and the Dems.

I, for one, am fully enjoying the moment. Not out of happiness with the Democrat's message/platform. I'm not really a Democrat I just look like one to folks around here. I'm still a 1994 "Contract With America" Newt Gingrich loving ex-Republican at heart. My sense of joy is more out of schadenfreud towards the Bushtards who hijacked the GOP then ran it into the ground.

Obama is the first President since -- well since I knew what a President was I thought actually gave a ###### and would try and do the bets things for the country - w/o being totally motivated by a special interest agenda.

No Clue if he will do great things as a leader only that he actually seems to have common sense - that's something that has been lacking for 16 years.

Although I dont think he can live up to all the hype I do think he will be a good president. Which is more than I can say for many of the presidents there have been in my lifetime.

Obama is the first President since -- well since I knew what a President was I thought actually gave a ###### and would try and do the bets things for the country - w/o being totally motivated by a special interest agenda.

No Clue if he will do great things as a leader only that he actually seems to have common sense - that's something that has been lacking for 16 years.

:pointstosky:

:rolleyes:

GCLMHB's :pointstosky:

tell the truth, you are happy he is back bc now you have someone to stalk again. you should just ask him out on a date and get it over with already.

That argument might have worked w/ Kerry but where has Obama been wishy washy?

During the campaign it was all "Tax the evil rich more and give tax cuts to everyone else", now he is on record saying he won't raise taxes on the rich and has been AWOL on his tax cut promise.

I could go on..................

During the campaign it was all "Tax the evil rich more and give tax cuts to everyone else", now he is on record saying he won't raise taxes on the rich and has been AWOL on his tax cut promise.

:wall:

Utter FA&LE.

The Democratic party is a cobbling together of a series of special interest groups. The whole dam party is led around by the nose by special interest agendas. That is all that there is. There is no one unified agenda. None. It's all a bunch of special interest groups trying to get a slice of the pie. Your statement is extremely naive. Please, be objective. Or at least try.

The Republicans has flaws too. But that's another topic.

This whole thread sickens me and all of you should be horribly ashamed of yourselves.

The Republicans has flaws too. But that's another topic.

The Republicans 'has' flaws too? WTF? I thought you were cool. Now I know you're just another partisan Demwit hack.

If you're so focking smart, name one 'flaw' that Republicans 'has'. :bench:

:lol: Got nothing as usual I see. Focking incredible the way you embarrass yourself on here.

The Republicans 'has' flaws too? WTF? I thought you were cool. Now I know you're just another partisan Demwit hack.

If you're so focking smart, name one 'flaw' that Republicans 'has'. :pointstosky:

I sure hope you're fishing. :lol:

I sure hope you're fishing. :pointstosky:

AWM = Colbert

He is one of the best aliases. If i had to guess, i'd say its wifflebat.

Really?

Obama Plans to Unveil Big Tax Cuts

Aiming to foster bipartisan support for his record-setting economic stimulus, President-elect Obama plans to propose huge tax cuts for businesses and middle-class workers that will total about 40 percent of the package, or up to $310 billion, congressional officials said.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17039.html

Please don't.

LMFAO

Surely you aren't stupid enough to think there is a tax cut coming from the Obama/Reid/Pelosi cabal. :dunno: :mad:

Sounds like Obama will be pusing one :lol: :

Obama: $300 billion in tax cuts

President-elect begins push on Hill for rescue proposal. On tap: Breaks for workers and businesses, energy and road and school construction.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President-elect Barack Obama was set Monday to begin the push for a massive package of tax cuts and spending proposals aimed at reviving an economy mired in recession.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/05/news/econo...mulus/index.htm

:cry:

:doublethumbsup:

I gotta say I not only like what I am hearing but seeing as well. For those far righters there is no changing minds - you likely will hate Obama no matter what. For those of us that call it like it is and really just want whats best for the US no matter who it is in White house - You gotta be liking this guy.. Common sense approoch to things , transparent on most policies , choosing the best person for cabinet no matter if he likes them personaly or not , aggressive towards economic crisis but not so aggressive he does something stupid , taking a much more level headed foreign policy approach as to not alienate those that were at least once out allies.

Al Prez have some obligation to special interests but IMO Obama's is far less than anyone else we have had in a long time. Also like this little tidbit I read how he wants to hold things accountable in his own economic plan

obama plan

I gotta say I not only like what I am hearing but seeing as well. For those far righters there is no changing minds - you likely will hate Obama no matter what. For those of us that call it like it is and really just want whats best for the US no matter who it is in White house - You gotta be liking this guy.. Common sense approoch to things , transparent on most policies , choosing the best person for cabinet no matter if he likes them personaly or not , aggressive towards economic crisis but not so aggressive he does something stupid , taking a much more level headed foreign policy approach as to not alienate those that were at least once out allies.

Al Prez have some obligation to special interests but IMO Obama's is far less than anyone else we have had in a long time. Also like this little tidbit I read how he wants to hold things accountable in his own economic plan

obama plan

WOW. Incredible conclusions you have drawn there. I hope the guy is the greatest POTUS we have ever seen. I am in total disbelief of what you are claiming here though. Where is Obama on this Israel/Hamas deal??? AWOL, that's were. So how you can like his foreign policy approach with him being pretty much silent on this big issue of foreign policy is amazing. Transparency on most policies is another unbelievable statement. Think Ill. Gov. scandal going on right now.

WOW. Incredible conclusions you have drawn there. I hope the guy is the greatest POTUS we have ever seen. I am in total disbelief of what you are claiming here though. Where is Obama on this Israel/Hamas deal??? AWOL, that's were. So how you can like his foreign policy approach with him being pretty much silent on this big issue of foreign policy is amazing. Transparency on most policies is another unbelievable statement. Think Ill. Gov. scandal going on right now.

:cheers: GCLMHB's you want nothing more than BO to fail and do so miserably. It does not matter if his actions qualify him as the best POTUS EVAH, you will be whining and bitching about something.

The fact is it is politicians like him and the democrats that allow unemployed leaches like you to sit around your house and contribute nothing to society on the tax payers dime. This is why I find your hatred of the Dem's so damned hilarious!

Can’t wait for RP and Kpbuckeyes race in to protect you.

:cheers: GCLMHB's you want nothing more than BO to fail and do so miserably. It does not matter if his actions qualify him as the best POTUS EVAH, you will be whining and bitching about something.

The fact is it is politicians like him and the democrats that allow unemployed leaches like you to sit around your house and contribute nothing to society on the tax payers dime. This is why I find your hatred of the Dem's so damned hilarious!

Can't wait for RP and Kpbuckeyes race in to protect you.

Not hardly. The thing that makes this statement of yours even more hilarious is you are known as the biggest whiner this bored has ever seen. WTF would I want Obama to fail miserably anyway??? Just because you wanted Bush(due to him being a R) to fail no matter what it does to the country doesn't mean most folks are like that. I had just said I hope the guy is the greatest POTUS we ever have had. Unlike you, I don't give a fock about D and R's. I just want someone to do what's best for the country, no matter if it benefits me personally or not. I look at the bigger picture for the whole country, not how much free stuff I can get.

Sure I was against Obama getting elected. I told folks why on many occasions. You know the occasions I am talking about. The ones you never addressed. You just want to make the same dumb statements over and over without ever addressing the real issues at hand. You read EVERY post by myself and the others you mentioned just waiting for an opening to say the same old tired crap, personal attacks. And that is fine by me. Personal attacks form fools such as yourself don't bother me one bit. In fact, it's kinda funny watching you do the same old song and dance for years now with the same posters. I like to watch folks embarrass themselves on here, and nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does it more often than you.

Like the comment about someone coming in this thread to defend me. How many times are you going to use that stupid focking line. I guess this may come to a shock to you, but folks that are conservative tend to agree from time to time the same way liberals do. I am sure that is far and above your level of comprehension, but it's worth a shot.

You just can't seem to post without saying I am some leach of society and that you find it shocking/hilarious that I am not a Democrat. That just proves the point I made above. Unlike you, I don't vote based on how much free stuff I can get.

:thumbsup:

Now you are entertaining me!!!

1. I have a job and a successful career. I don't take a damned thing from the gov't, didn't even qualify for a stimulus check

2. Over my life time I have voted for FAR more republicans than democrats. But yes I unequivocally disagreed with the direction W was taking us and I stand by that proudly.

3. All anyone who has ever read your posts needs to read is you claiming you don't vote D or R, you are the biggest Dem basher on this bored. That is a joke and pretty much negates any credibility you had (if any)

Thanks for the laugh on a slow day at work :clap:

Where is Obama on this Israel/Hamas deal??? AWOL, that's were. So how you can like his foreign policy approach with him being pretty much silent on this big issue of foreign policy is amazing.

Being silent is one of the greatest moves he can really make here. Just maybe if we don't rush in to save good ole Israel the region will take notice that a more level playing field is being put into place regarding middle east politics and we aren't just Pro Israel an fock everyone else. And regarless why would we want to get involved - Let Israel clean up their own mess for a change. Or should we throw more tax dollars at helping poor Israel as we all really know they never instigate a thing and are totally innocent victims.