Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Can Obama live up to all this hype?

Being silent is one of the greatest moves he can really make here. Just maybe if we don't rush in to save good ole Israel the region will take notice that a more level playing field is being put into place regarding middle east politics and we aren't just Pro Israel an fock everyone else. And regarless why would we want to get involved - Let Israel clean up their own mess for a change. Or should we throw more tax dollars at helping poor Israel as we all really know they never instigate a thing and are totally innocent victims.

Well now, I am not that extreme in what I want to happen with Israel. I just get tired of presidents telling Israel to chill out all the time. We should let them do what they need to to stop this thing once and for all.

We should not give them or anybody another dime. We simply can't afford it right now.

I see Obama being silent on this because he doesn't want to piss off anybody right now, something he obviously can't do if you read my OP about how the blacks and women are already b!tching. It concerns me since he has never really led anything before. He has just had to vote down party lines for the most part and even then a lot of votes were "present." His leadership history, or lack there of, has been one of my biggest concerns about him and his silence on this just makes me even more concerned. He hasn't been shy about voicing other things as of late, so why this big one???

Your last sentence tells me plenty though. I never said Israel was totally innocent either, but they are not even in the same league as Hamas as far as instigating things.

:dunno:

Now you are entertaining me!!!

1. I have a job and a successful career. I don't take a damned thing from the gov't, didn't even qualify for a stimulus check

2. Over my life time I have voted for FAR more republicans than democrats. But yes I unequivocally disagreed with the direction W was taking us and I stand by that proudly.

3. All anyone who has ever read your posts needs to read is you claiming you don't vote D or R, you are the biggest Dem basher on this bored. That is a joke and pretty much negates any credibility you had (if any)

Thanks for the laugh on a slow day at work :lol:

Why didn't you get a stimulus check??? I thought everybody who had earned income got one. If you are so successful, I don't see how that is possible.

I don't agree with a ton of Bush's policies either and have said so many many time on this very bored. Now you are just getting desperate.

In my post I said I don't care about D and R's beside names. Hell, I even voted for Hillary focking Clinton, something I never dreamed of doing. I have also said on here how McCain was a joke and I didn't like him at all. Good for you that you voted for D and R's over your lifetime. Hell, I have agreed in the past on here, even though it is very rare.

I can certainly tell you are completely enamored with me as well as some others here. For you to say some of these things about me is quite flattering knowing I have made such a big impression on you and have effected your life so much. You don't have to drive the point home so damn hard on here, we get it.

Why didn't you get a stimulus check??? I thought everybody who had earned income got one. If you are so successful, I don't see how that is possible.

I don't agree with a ton of Bush's policies either and have said so many many time on this very bored. Now you are just getting desperate.

In my post I said I don't care about D and R's beside names. Hell, I even voted for Hillary focking Clinton, something I never dreamed of doing. I have also said on here how McCain was a joke and I didn't like him at all. Good for you that you voted for D and R's over your lifetime. Hell, I have agreed in the past on here, even though it is very rare.

I can certainly tell you are completely enamored with me as well as some others here. For you to say some of these things about me is quite flattering knowing I have made such a big impression on you and have effected your life so much. You don't have to drive the point home so damn hard on here, we get it.

Wouldn't you have to be a registered democrat to vote for Hillary? No one here will believe even for one second that you're a registered republican.

The only way The Messiah will live up to all the hype is if on inauguration day he strolls to the podium by walking accross the Washington Mall Reflecting Pool without getting his shoelaces wet.

Wouldn't you have to be a registered democrat to vote for Hillary? No one here will believe even for one second that you're a registered republican.

He voted for Hillary cause Rush Limbaugh told him to do that.

The only way The Messiah will live up to all the hype is if on inauguration day he strolls to the podium by walking accross the Washington Mall Reflecting Pool without getting his shoelaces wet.

The only people I hear call him the Messiah are you and other right wing wackos. It seems like you're trying build him up so much that if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to b1tch & moan. Then again, maybe you just have a hard-on for him. Maybe you've caught some of the jungle fever? You constantly refer to Obama as "The Messiah", you started a thread with topless pics of Obama. :wave: I'm just saying.

Nope. I am not registered as a R or a D. HTH

He voted for Hillary cause Rush Limbaugh told him to do that.

Not hardly. I voted for Hillary because Obama is the most unqualified candidate I can ever remember running for POTUS. I think he puts the country at risk for a lot of bad things form the people who hate us. Even though I did not like Hillary's positions on most things, I don't think she is a wimp and I don't think she would put our country at risk on anywhere near the level Obama does. I think when the sh1t hits the fan, she would have done the right thing and keep our country safe. I know folks who have been Democrats their entire lives who have actually left the party over this insanity of Obama being nominated. And lets not forget that I focking hated McCain and have stated many times on here that he is a focking joke.

Do you do everything that CNN tells you to do or think the way they tell you to think??? If not, why would think I would do what Hush Bimbo says??? It makes no sense whatsoever. I hardly ever listen to talk radio anymore anyway. I usually am listening to/talking on the CB radio and the police scanner. Don't have much time for Rush these days.

All of that doesn't matter anymore because Obama is now my President. I hope this guy becomes the greatest POTUS this country has ever seen. Just because some of you folks have basked in this countries troubles recently just for the sole purpose of getting the Democrats elected does not mean all people are like that. I don't give a fock about D and R's anymore. Bush and a lot of Republicans have proved there is little, if any, difference in the two. I am conservative, something that has seemed to have vanished for the most part in 2000 or there abouts. So unlike you, I had no choice on who to vote for this past election since their wasn't a conservative on either ticket at the top.

The only people I hear call him the Messiah are you and other right wing wackos. It seems like you're trying build him up so much that if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to b1tch & moan. Then again, maybe you just have a hard-on for him. Maybe you've caught some of the jungle fever? You constantly refer to Obama as "The Messiah", you started a thread with topless pics of Obama. :thumbsup: I'm just saying.

Yeah, the media didn't have anything to do with "Build up" of Obama. :clap: Focking incredible.

Yeah, the media didn't have anything to do with "Build up" of Obama. :shocking: Focking incredible.

The media wasn't calling him The Messiah. There's a difference between building him up by saying he is intelligent, competent, and good for our country as opposed to calling him the messiah and comparing him to Jesus. Every Obama supporter I've talked to believes that he will be a good president yet not one of them think he is "The Messiah" nor think he is the answer to all our problems. It's the right wing hacks that call him The Messiah.

an also just maybe Obama is more interested in working on a little insignifigant problem like our economy for example. Something that actually effects americans rather than worry about the Middle east bullshit.

Do you ever take the hint that outside of kp, rp and maybe one or two posters, you aren't very well liked here? :lol:

Is that so??? No, I never noticed that at all and I am crushed now.

Obama won 52% of the vote in this last election and voter turn-out was at an all time high, particularly among minority voters. The second time around it's going to be difficult for Obama to generate the same level of hype and I doubt his supporters will be nearly as motivated to show up at the polls again. In other words.... Obama is a one-termer.

Obama won 52% of the vote in this last election and voter turn-out was at an all time high, particularly among minority voters. The second time around it's going to be difficult for Obama to generate the same level of hype and I doubt his supporters will be nearly as motivated to show up at the polls again. In other words.... Obama is a one-termer.

Obama is tied to the Economy. If the economy resurges at least a little and we do not go into depression or the reccession ends up being milder than expected - He wins in a 50 ST landslide. If we sink further and his p[olcies are seen as failing then yes he will be a 1 termer.

The media wasn't calling him The Messiah. There's a difference between building him up by saying he is intelligent, competent, and good for our country as opposed to calling him the messiah and comparing him to Jesus. Every Obama supporter I've talked to believes that he will be a good president yet not one of them think he is "The Messiah" nor think he is the answer to all our problems. It's the right wing hacks that call him The Messiah.

Obama Conversion Stories

""No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."

-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

Do you ever take the hint that outside of kp, rp and maybe one or two posters, you aren't very well liked here? :dunno:

As apposed to who, you???

Oh yeah, perhaps you missed the thread SUX started. I am now in elite company here at the geek bored. :headbanger:

I dunno about that. He'll be the incumbent, and all the bullsh!t Muslim/terrorist stuff probably won't reappear, unless we're completely retarded. IF the economy recovers even a little (which I think it will), the media will give him all the credit, and he'll be tough to beat.

And as of now, all his policy proposal aren't all that different from what we've seen from Bush et al. Spend spend spend coupled with tax cuts. So he may even win over some of the Bushites, who don't seem to mind the spending.

It doesn't look good, at least to me.

As apposed to who, you???

Oh yeah, perhaps you missed the thread SUX started. I am now in elite company here at the geek bored. :music_guitarred:

Wow, the fact that this is more than likely your only social outlet in life explains a lot about you're pissed off at the world.......

Wow, the fact that this is more than likely your only social outlet in life explains a lot about you're pissed off at the world.......

I am not pissed off at the world you dolt. Do you ever get tired of misleading folks here about me, especially since you don't even know me???

This is a big outlet for me, however not the only one. I am focking disabled you damn fool. It's all I can do just to go to the focking grocery store and get a bag of gawd damn groceries 2 minutes from my house for Big_Pete's!@#@# sake.

You ever going to tell me why you didn't get a stimulus check last year??? I know someone who make less than 7 bucks an hour and he got one. Just curious since you brought up the fact that you are so successful yet didn't qualify for one off those checks.

I am not pissed off at the world you dolt. Do you ever get tired of misleading folks here about me, especially since you don't even know me???

This is a big outlet for me, however not the only one. I am focking disabled you damn fool. It's all I can do just to go to the focking grocery store and get a bag of gawd damn groceries 2 minutes from my house for Big_Pete's!@#@# sake.

You ever going to tell me why you didn't get a stimulus check last year??? I know someone who make less than 7 bucks an hour and he got one. Just curious since you brought up the fact that you are so successful yet didn't qualify for one off those checks.

If you can type on a computer....you can work from home. I could name 10 jobs off the top of my head you could do from your fat ass at home and a computer. :overhead: But yet you choose to leach off the rest of the hard working, tax paying citizens in this country.

90% of you posts and threads are negative, do a search yourself, I dare you

As for you question about the tax rebate, I'll let you figure that out.

http://www.moneybluebook.com/breaking-down...x-rebate-check/

I hate the idea of bailouts and using tax money to "stimulate" the economy. Repub, Democrat, Whig, Tory, whatever. It is inanely stupid. It is a bandaid on a failing damn. We are in a global economy and need to look forward to problems like our assinine social security ponzi scheme, if anything. Reduce taxes and let the economy work itself out. Some people will suffer. That's reality.

I hate the idea of bailouts and using tax money to "stimulate" the economy. Repub, Democrat, Whig, Tory, whatever. It is inanely stupid. It is a bandaid on a failing damn. We are in a global economy and need to look forward to problems like our assinine social security ponzi scheme, if anything. Reduce taxes and let the economy work itself out. Some people will suffer. That's reality.

I think it's more than "some" people. Include many, many more people and exclude the rich focks who provide our elected officials the substance that makes them vote for the bailouts.

If you can type on a computer....you can work from home. I could name 10 jobs off the top of my head you could do from your fat ass at home and a computer. :overhead: But yet you choose to leach off the rest of the hard working, tax paying citizens in this country.

90% of you posts and threads are negative, do a search yourself, I dare you

As for you question about the tax rebate, I'll let you figure that out.

http://www.moneybluebook.com/breaking-down...x-rebate-check/

You have no idea whatsoever what my medical problems are. NONE. You think I sit here all day long and post non stop. That is not the case. Just because down at the bottom of the page it has my username there does not necessarily mean I here in front of the computer for one thing. Plus, it's not like I am logged in here 24 hours a day. Most days I am only here in the afternoon till evening, a few hours. So you couldn't name any jobs that I can do off the top of your head because your entire premise is off to begin with.

I do not get SSI or food stamps or any of that other stuff. I get SSD as in disability. That is from the SS fund that I paid into my entire working life. I paid a lot of taxes into that fund for the many years I worked. How you come to this conclusion that folks would chose to go from making a nice living to the poor house is beyond belief. I have had to give up so much of the lifestyle I have always been use to living. I always had money in the bank. Could always go out and by the latest game system or pretty much anything else. Bought my home when I was 22, 50,000 dollars. Now I make less than 15k. As you can see, I am lucky if I can pay my utilities after that house payment. I can't afford cableTV or a cell phone. I don't even have caller ID or long distance on my phonee. They only thing I have is this DSL connection. Tough to see what logic you are using that someone would choose this over the other.

I don't have to do any search to know how stupid that last remark is. The funny thing is I can remember a while back you were throwing this around and I reminded you of how many of your posts were posts stalking me. Maybe that is where you keep getting that 90% number.

Everybody sees a little of themselves in Obama. White liberals think Obama is what they would be like if they were black. Black folks think Obama is what they would be like if they were white.

Recessions wouldn't turn into depressions maybe.

Everybody sees a little of themselves in Obama. While liberals think Obama is what they would be like if they were black. Black folks think Obama is what they would be like if they were white.

:overhead: Could be, for the liberals anyway.

That 52% represents the largest margin of victory in 20 years and the largest margin by a Dem since LBJ...it was a pretty impressive victory and I think if anything it will get MORE people interested in politics and probably lead to an even larger turnout next election.

IN 2012 Obama will actually have a record to run on. "HOPE" and "CHANGE" ain't gonna cut it again, no matter how much the media tries to help.

One termer.

IN 2012 Obama will actually have a record to run on. "HOPE" and "CHANGE" ain't gonna cut it again, no matter how much the media tries to help.

This part is true. There's no free ride so I'm hoping he's up to the task. The part of being a one termer or not has four years to sort itself out.

One termer.

:overhead:

nice sig.