Sign in to follow this  
hedgehog

2009 rookies

2008 we had some impact rookies that were not taken early in the draft. Who will be the biggest impact player in 2009 as a rookie.

best rb Beanie Wells Knowshon Mereno, Shon Greene

best qb will be Sam Bradford if he comes out

best wr will be Michael Crabtree

2008 we had some impact rookies that were not taken early in the draft. Who will be the biggest impact player in 2009 as a rookie.

best rb Beanie Wells Knowshon Mereno, Shon Greene

best qb will be Sam Bradford if he comes out

best wr will be Michael Crabtree

It's so hard to predict rookies, especially before the draft. While I agree with your comments we have no clue where everyone is going?

There is a great chance Stafford and Bradford will be the first two picks. One would sit behind Bulger for a year or two and the other would be thrown in immediatly. Detroit could opt for Andre Smith at number one and try and get a guy like Graham Harrel with the twentieth pick. For that matter they could wait until round three or four and go after a guy like Tim Hiller. The MAC has been putting out quality QB's and he's a good guy to grab a little later.

As for wr's, they are deeeeep in this draft. Crabtree, Britt, Iglesious, Harvin, Massaquoi, D. Williams, Maclin....very deep. I think wr's will dominate round two. Of course it remains to be seen who will get the best opportunity to peform right away. I think Brit will be the guy that does the most damage right away. Historically though, rookie wr's are not that good. Decent, but not better than a #3 fantasy wr.

I don't see this being a running back heavy draft. I'm not a big believer in any of them. I don't think we'll see a big impact from any rookies rb's next year. Of course I didn't see Forte being the force that he was or Chris Johnson having such a great year either, so who knows!

I see the QBs being the best part of this draft, depending who comes out, Stafford, Bradford, Herrel, Teebow, and even C Painter could do some damage. I feel like i am missing someone as well. White from WV could be a "wildcat type" that could throw better than putting R Brown or J Norwood back there and still run it well.

I see the QBs being the best part of this draft, depending who comes out, Stafford, Bradford, Herrel, Teebow, and even C Painter could do some damage. I feel like i am missing someone as well. White from WV could be a "wildcat type" that could throw better than putting R Brown or J Norwood back there and still run it well.

Word is Pat White will be a wide receiver, could be another Randle El type player.

Watch the Hiller kid from C. Michigan, he's prolly gonna be a top five QB taken. Great skills and played ina prostyle offense.

im telling you as a MSU homer, watch out for J Ringer. When he has had any type of blocking he has been explosive. This year, his OL sucked nutz and he still put up solid numbers. He would be a great complement to Jacobs in NY, Grant in GB, etc.

im telling you as a MSU homer, watch out for J Ringer. When he has had any type of blocking he has been explosive. This year, his OL sucked nutz and he still put up solid numbers. He would be a great complement to Jacobs in NY, Grant in GB, etc.

I'm all for Ringer hitting it big. He's a great talent and an even better person. The kid is one the you have to route for, for all that he does outside of football. First class kid!!

as a buckeye homer - i can say this.....i'd go with ringer over wells any day! that guys is a stud & hopefully will land in a good spot to showcase his talent. he's one of the best kept secrets at rb going forward (imo), as he doesnt get the hype that wells/mereno get.

The only damage curtis painter will do is to his own team when he throws 10,000 interceptions in one game...he destroyed my soul watching him at purdue.

It's so hard to predict rookies, especially before the draft. While I agree with your comments we have no clue where everyone is going?

There is a great chance Stafford and Bradford will be the first two picks. One would sit behind Bulger for a year or two and the other would be thrown in immediatly. Detroit could opt for Andre Smith at number one and try and get a guy like Graham Harrel with the twentieth pick. For that matter they could wait until round three or four and go after a guy like Tim Hiller. The MAC has been putting out quality QB's and he's a good guy to grab a little later.

As for wr's, they are deeeeep in this draft. Crabtree, Britt, Iglesious, Harvin, Massaquoi, D. Williams, Maclin....very deep. I think wr's will dominate round two. Of course it remains to be seen who will get the best opportunity to peform right away. I think Brit will be the guy that does the most damage right away. Historically though, rookie wr's are not that good. Decent, but not better than a #3 fantasy wr.

I don't see this being a running back heavy draft. I'm not a big believer in any of them. I don't think we'll see a big impact from any rookies rb's next year. Of course I didn't see Forte being the force that he was or Chris Johnson having such a great year either, so who knows!

I agree with how hard it is to pick impact rookies, especially pre-draft. Last year at this time it was a top 3 of MacFadden, Mendenhall, and Stewart - possibly adding Felix Jones and Ray Rice to the mix. Only a few saw Chris Johnson up there, and everybody had Forte and Slayton way down the list.

And I also agree generally with your 'feel' for this class as being very WR deep, Cuse. Crabtree is the consensus #1 on most boards, but at least a dozen other WRs could emerge as the top rookie WR by the end of next season. There's somes real talent there but we both know that predicting WR development is harder than predicting any position other than QB.

Regarding RBs, I don't think we'll see a class like 2008 for a long time. I do not have Beanie in my top 5 right now like most do. From the little I've seen of him, he's a talent, but he has long legs and runs too upright = injury magnet at the NFL level. I'd like others opinion who have watched him run more than I have.

But here's the guy given the right situation who can be an immediate stud: LeSean (Shady) McCoy. Just watch ALL of his YouTube highlight videos. This kid is special. Not quite as fast as CJ3 of course, but some of the best moves and vision I've ever seen. Another special kid is C J Spiller of Clemson. This guy HAS CJ3 speed (in fact he reminds me a lot of him). He is definitely a RB to watch as well. Since I play in all PPR leagues, RBs like these two guys excite me more than a power back like Greene, so i rank the RBs as follows: McCoy, Spiller, and Greene. In non-PPR I would have Green at the top of the RB class - to me he's got a lot like Michael Turner in his game.

(FWIW, I also missed on Forte, but I did have CJ3 in my top 2 RBs (with Stewart) and took some sh1t on draft day because I drafted him in the 5th round in a re-draft league - ahead of FatWhale White and Edge James. I also got him in one of my deep keeper leagues.)

Had a chance to watch a few bowl games this year, and the one guys who stood out to me is Jeremy Maclin from Mizzou.

He reminds me alot of DeSean Jackson from Philly. Although he's just a sophomore (I think), he has a feel for the position.

And it helps he is fast as sh!t, too.

Had a chance to watch a few bowl games this year, and the one guys who stood out to me is Jeremy Maclin from Mizzou.

He reminds me alot of DeSean Jackson from Philly. Although he's just a sophomore (I think), he has a feel for the position.

And it helps he is fast as sh!t, too.

Maclin is #2 on my 2009 rookie WR board behind Michael Crabtree. I think that Maclin is much better than DeSean Jackson due to his bigger built and less headache to his team.

I believe we will see two SEC West LTs, Andre Smith and Michael Oher, go in the first 5 picks, barring any fluke injury or combine melt-down

Maclin is #2 on my 2009 rookie WR board behind Michael Crabtree. I think that Maclin is much better than DeSean Jackson due to his bigger built and less headache to his team.

Not really sure if Jackson's been a headache to his team this year. He had one bad game against the Redskins, but other than that, he's been a very pleasant surprise. And a good guy in the locker room and in the public eye. Not sure where you're getting that from.

I have 1st pick in an upcoming Die Nasty Draft :dunno:

Obviously a lot depends on who goes where, but Moreno is probably going to be the 1st pick in Dynasty Drafts next season.

Obviously a lot depends on who goes where, but Moreno is probably going to be the 1st pick in Dynasty Drafts next season.

I saw a mock draft that had Beanie Wells going to Denver and Moreno going to the iggles *sproing*

Not really sure if Jackson's been a headache to his team this year. He had one bad game against the Redskins, but other than that, he's been a very pleasant surprise. And a good guy in the locker room and in the public eye. Not sure where you're getting that from.

DeSean Jackson talked smacks in college and got bonecrushing hits and did complain on lack of targets during his junior year at Cal. I should know because I'm a fan of USC Trojans and watched majority of PAC-10 games.

While Jeremy Maclin get his job done in either receiving, punt return, or kickoff return.

I saw a mock draft that had Beanie Wells going to Denver and Moreno going to the iggles *sproing*

I've seen Moreno going before Wells in mocks. There are questions about Beanie's heart and skills. Moreno may be a better all around back. I've seen a few mocks with Moreno to Arizona.

Almost everything I've read about Maclin has been positive when speaking of his skills. Great speed, ball skills, routes, don't be surprised if he jumps Crabtree when he runs a sub 4.3 at the Combine and Crabtree runs a 4.55.

i dont know if he is entering the draft this year, but a wr named eric decker is really good. 6'2 215 from the golden gophers

I've seen Moreno going before Wells in mocks. There are questions about Beanie's heart and skills. Moreno may be a better all around back. I've seen a few mocks with Moreno to Arizona.

I would pick him 1st in my dynasty next year if he goes to zona. Hightower will still be the goaline back, but that's a pretty good offense assuming Leinart doesn't totally suck.

Agreed.

Last year was deep at RB, this year is deep at QB; for a dynasty owner it matters quite a bit......

Pat White is being designated as a PR/KR/WR-type for draft purposes. In reality he is a WR who can throw, WV just pretends he is a QB and uses him as kind of a permanent wildcat setup, Vatech loves to do this as well. It wins college games, but these guys suffer in their hope to enter the NFL. Someone like White could have been a round one WR had he gone to a team that used him properly, instead he ends up a second day bit-player on some team.