Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Wow...

She was an awesome lady and a dear, dear friend. (34 C's) We were playing golf in September and her shoulder was bothering her. She put it off for a week or two and finally went to the doctor. It didn't seem like a big deal. Fast forward to her being diagnosed with bone cancer in November. They started to check everywhere else and found it in the kidney. This was in early December. She had her kidney removed in early December. Fast forward again to them finding it in her lungs and her brain. It was focking everywhere. Last week, a mutual friend said that she had just seen her and it didn't look good. I visited her on Saturday and today, Monday...she's gone. A very cool woman, 45 years old with a 6 year old and a 4 year old. She was the kind of woman who enjoyed a drink and enjoyed a compliment. If you said her butt looked good, she loved it. God Bless her. She will be missed. :dunno:

I had so many jokes to insert here, but just can't do it. That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Funny thing is...she would have been the first to laugh at all those jokes. Thanks for the support.

Did she ever piss me off, and did I wish something on her?

:dunno: That's crazy how fast it all happened, almost sounds like she was heavily exposed to a carcinogen...unless she had it in her bones for a long time and just didn't know it. Really sad, sorry to hear.

On the bright side, she does get to avoid year-end reviews. Come to think of it, I'd rather die of cancer than do those things too.

:D That's crazy how fast it all happened, almost sounds like she was heavily exposed to a carcinogen...unless she had it in her bones for a long time and just didn't know it. Really sad, sorry to hear.

Fourth Hand Smoke. :dunno:

So, what you're saying is, is that there's an opening in Management, then, right? :dunno:

I thought the same thing. :D

see ya in hell

Also, sorry for your loss jets. I've got a couple of former bosses who I consider very close frineds, that would be tough.

:dunno: That's crazy how fast it all happened, almost sounds like she was heavily exposed to a carcinogen...unless she had it in her bones for a long time and just didn't know it. Really sad, sorry to hear.

I'm glad you asked Naomi. I can't believe I forgot to mention. She was a full blown smoker (two packs a day) for probably 20 years. That is 100% the reason for her cancer.

So, what you're saying is, is that there's an opening in Management, then, right? :dunno:

:D She would have liked that. Actually, I'm a supervisor in the company already. Approximately 80 employees. She was the C.F.O. of the company so there is no room for growth.

I'm glad you asked Naomi. I can't believe I forgot to mention. She was a full blown smoker (two packs a day) for probably 20 years. That is 100% the reason for her cancer.

While I offer my condolences, saying that the smoking was 100% the reason is a little ludicrous, IMO.

Different cancers affect us differently, and if the bone cancer was at Stage 3 or 4, there is pretty much very little they can do, especially if is metastasized to other major organs (kidney, brain, etc). Much research shows that once cancer reaches those stages, not even aggressive chemo or radiation treatments help much.

A co-worker of mine was recently diagnosed with something eerily similar, and never smoked a day in her life. Granted she might be a few years older than 45, but to assume that the smoking was 100% reason for the cancer (I don't dispute that it wasn't a factor) just seems off, IMO.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. She does sound like a great lady.

That sux dude. Sorry to hear that. :thumbsdown: I had no idea smoking caused bone cancer.

While I offer my condolences, saying that the smoking was 100% the reason is a little ludicrous, IMO.

Different cancers affect us differently, and if the bone cancer was at Stage 3 or 4, there is pretty much very little they can do, especially if is metastasized to other major organs (kidney, brain, etc). Much research shows that once cancer reaches those stages, not even aggressive chemo or radiation treatments help much.

A co-worker of mine was recently diagnosed with something eerily similar, and never smoked a day in her life. Granted she might be a few years older than 45, but to assume that the smoking was 100% reason for the cancer (I don't dispute that it wasn't a factor) just seems off, IMO.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. She does sound like a great lady.

Your a selfish twat and you deserve to be smacked. How can you possibly take this thread and make it about yourself. Holy fock you are an inconsiderate b!tch. :thumbsdown:

Your a selfish twat and you deserve to be smacked. How can you possibly take this thread and make it about yourself. Holy fock you are an inconsiderate b!tch. :pointstosky:

It is obvious that TNG is a smoker.

Funny thing is...she would have been the first to laugh at all those jokes.

Is the body still warm?

Sorry to hear that...I know front row seats at The Lake of Fire for me. :pointstosky:

Your a selfish twat and you deserve to be smacked. How can you possibly take this thread and make it about yourself. Holy fock you are an inconsiderate b!tch. :pointstosky:

Arn't we a little focking touchy. :thumbsdown: Slept your way to the top and now your fock buddy is dead. Meh, sh1t happens :banana:

Arn't we a little focking touchy. :pointstosky: Slept your way to the top and now your fock buddy is dead. Meh, sh1t happens :thumbsdown:

Forget front row seats....you are on the stage and will burn in the Lake of Fire :banana:

sorry to hears that jets24, just got a call from my dad 20 minutes ago, my Grandpa just passed

:banana:

Sorry to hear yet another good boss is gone, they are so hard to find these days.

Just keep this in mind, no matter what, you can't expect the next one to stack up against her.

It is obvious that TNG is a smoker.

She didn't smoke anything when we met. :o

except my shlong. :rimshot: :doh:

Also I agree with her that to make a 100% connection between smoking and bone cancer is a reach, and that jets is overreacting.

She didn't smoke anything when we met. :o

except my shlong. :rimshot: :doh:

Also I agree with her that to make a 100% connection between smoking and bone cancer is a reach, and that jets is overreacting.

You sure meet a lot of women from the internet for a married man.

LIAR

You sure meet a lot of women from the internet for a married man.

LIAR

You need to be more specific; what am I lying about? :doh:

Arn't we a little focking touchy. :o Slept your way to the top and now your fock buddy is dead. Meh, sh1t happens :bandana:

Who's talking to you doosh? TNG once again posts a "look at me" in a thread. A thread about a friend that died nonetheless. Very uncool and self serving. :doh:

Did your boss evah walk up to you and inhale deeply while starting a conversation with your virgin ass about being fock buddies, while the other guys in the electronics department kept scheming about how to get your sorry bags of sand ass laid?

Did your boss evah walk up to you and inhale deeply while starting a conversation with your virgin ass about being fock buddies, while the other guys in the electronics department kept scheming about how to get your sorry bags of sand ass laid?

I'm not 40.

Cancer Size?

See...normally I would laugh at that. However, since I mentioned the can size in my opening thread, you just look stupid. :doublethumbsup:

She didn't smoke anything when we met. :cry:

except my shlong. :rimshot: :doublethumbsup:

Well, this is an internet message bored. It is not a court of law and I don't think that the NE Journal of Medicine is going to base any findings on jets24's postings. For you and TNG to give him crap about this part of his venting is definitely nitpicking and uncalled for.

She is a twat and I expect that. ;) I would expect more out of you. :thumbsdown:

Well, this is an internet message bored. It is not a court of law and I don't think that the NE Journal of Medicine is going to base any findings on jets24's postings. For you and TNG to give him crap about this part of his venting is definitely nitpicking and uncalled for.

She is a twat and I expect that. :thumbsdown: I would expect more out of you. :cry:

Don't lump me with her. jets said he was 100% sure. TNG disagreed, albeit in a tactless way. I agreed with her premise but was tactful. Except for the shlong part, except that was aimed at TNG, not jets. QED. :doublethumbsup:

Carl Pohlad died today as well. He brought Minnesota the only 2 major sports championships I expect to see in my lifetime. RIP Carl.

Don't lump me with her. jets said he was 100% sure. TNG disagreed, albeit in a tactless way. I agreed with her premise but was tactful. Except for the shlong part, except that was aimed at TNG, not jets. QED. :doublethumbsup:

If by QED, you mean that you were just trying to get into her pants, then I can accept that. Otherwise, you got bagged. :cry:

The "proof" was in your quote of "I agree with her...and jets is overreacting"

See...normally I would laugh at that. However, since I mentioned the can size in my opening thread, you just look stupid. :cry:

Awesome and very appropriate sig.

:doublethumbsup:

I didn't say that smoking is the 100% reason for cancer. I based it on what the doctor told her husband. He told her that it was absolutely because she smoked. It doesn't mean that people who don't smoke don't get cancer. I'm saying that in this case, the doctor confirmed that had she not smoked two packs a day for almost 25 years (approximately over 350,000 cigarettes in her lifetime), she would still be alive. Not sure why I need to explain it to TNG or JK but whatever.