Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Cowboys release Adam "Pacman" Jones

Jerry would sign Manson or Hitler if he thought they could play. Glad to see it blowup in his fat, fake face.

:dunno:

off of that roster and on the death pool 09 roster.....

They never should have signed him in the first place. Stupid move by JJ, he looks like a fool.

If I remember correctly only Cowboy fans thought this was a great move and I am sure they think it is worth it.

They never should have signed him in the first place. Stupid move by JJ, he looks like a fool.

If I remember correctly only Cowboy fans thought this was a great move and I am sure they think it is worth it.

Was it a stupid move by Jerry? As it turns out...Yes. But in making the decision of signing Pac Man Jones, the Cowboys had reason to hope that they were going to get the player who played well for The Titans.

Jerry likes to keep the Cowboys in the spotlight. He sure does a good job of that.

Not all fans thought it was great nor do all fans think it was worth it. While I can understand why the move appealed to Jerry's gambling nature, PacMan should have been gone after his suspension mid year. I can understand trying it (and hoping something positive would come from it or that PacMan would play the way he was touted to when drafted) but it was never a 'great' move and good riddance at this point.

Best move they made all year.... :headbanger:

Wait.....its 2009. nothing went well in 2008 except Demarcus Ware.....signed cowboys fan who is still embarassed to be one. :dunno:

Yep. Anytime anyone takes a risk in a trade that doesn't work out, or drafts someone that doesn't work out is a fool. The Cowboys also went into the draft and drafted "as though Jones wasn't there"---knowing there was a risk.

Funny how some people think they know it all about what NFL teams should have done, etc. LOL. Makes them look like fools.

Was it a stupid move by Jerry? As it turns out...Yes. But in making the decision of signing Pac Man Jones, the Cowboys had reason to hope that they were going to get the player who played well for The Titans.

Jerry likes to keep the Cowboys in the spotlight. He sure does a good job of that.

The haters, the media and keep the Cowboys in the spotlight.

Its about time this clown is out of the league. The best part about this whole deal was that he played like crap for the Cowboys.

It was a great move. Since PacMan got suspended this season, the Cowboys get draft picks from the Titans, and we don't have to give up any draft picks now. We got draft picks for a one year cheap salary player. Win/Win :thumbsdown:

It was a great move. Since PacMan got suspended this season, the Cowboys get draft picks from the Titans, and we don't have to give up any draft picks now. We got draft picks for a one year cheap salary player. Win/Win :thumbsdown:

Wait..really? That is confusing.

He wasn't that good in Tenn. and the Titan defense was much better the year he was suspended. As a Cowboy fan you should hope for the same in Dallas.

Yep. Anytime anyone takes a risk in a trade that doesn't work out, or drafts someone that doesn't work out is a fool. The Cowboys also went into the draft and drafted "as though Jones wasn't there"---knowing there was a risk.

Funny how some people think they know it all about what NFL teams should have done, etc. LOL. Makes them look like fools.

Don't you find it strange that Dallas was the only team that even made an offer for Pacman. Maybe it is the Cowboys that think they know it all.

I never thought anyone looked like a fool being right, you have very strange standards.

Wait..really? That is confusing.

This release has NOTHING to do with the draft picks involving that trade....from what I can tell.

Here are the details I can dig up on the trade:

There are conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated and how much he plays for the Cowboys, according to sources familiar with the situation:

— If Jones is available or on injured reserve for 16 games in 2008, the Titans will also get a sixth-round pick from the Cowboys in 2009. Jones doesn't have to play in the games; he just can't be suspended.

— If Jones isn't reinstated, the Titans will send a fourth-round draft pick back to the Cowboys in 2009. If Jones is reinstated and suspended again for another matter, the Titans will send a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys in 2009.

So, obviously the Titans got a 4th rounder in the 08 draft for Pacman.

IF Pacman didnt get suspended for those 4 games this year then the Titans would have gotten another 6th rounder from Dallas for the 09 draft.

Since he WAS suspended for 4 games mid season (after being reinstated for the start of the season), I believe the Titans will now actually send a 5th rounder for the 09 draft BACK to Dallas.

So, essentially what Dallas got out of the deal was giving up a 4th rounder in 08, for a 5th rounder in 09. That, coupled with the drama and stress of dealing with Pacmans antics all season long. Not to mention they have lost a year in developing whoever that 4th/5th round player is that they draft. And finally, just further confirmation that the current Cowboys organization is more of a circus show then a legitimate top NFL contender.

Sounds like a good deal..... :shocking:

It was a great move. Since PacMan got suspended this season, the Cowboys get draft picks from the Titans, and we don't have to give up any draft picks now. We got draft picks for a one year cheap salary player. Win/Win :shocking:

oops.................. You have to start paying attention!

The Cowboys already gave up a 4th round pick in last year's draft. (Tenn. picked Lavelle Hawkins WR). Because Adam was reinstated the Boys get a 5th rounder back this year. If he hadn't been reinstated they would have got a 4th.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...nes-trade_N.htm

oops.................. You have to start paying attention!

The Cowboys already gave up a 4th round pick in last year's draft. (Tenn. picked Lavelle Hawkins WR). Because Adam was reinstated the Boys get a 6th rounder back this year. If he hadn't been reinstated they would have got a 4th.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...nes-trade_N.htm

If I am reading this right (my post above was from the same article you linked here), your both sorta off....

The Titans WOULD have gotten a 6th rounder for the 09 draft, BUT Pacman punched his security guard and got suspended by the NFL for 4 games, so in fact Dallas DOES get a 5th rounder back for 09.

By no means is Dallas getting "pickS" back though, as SB suggested. Nor are these picks in ANY WAY related to the fact that they just released Jones. I suppose you can say that Dallas gets "picks" if you mean keeping the 6th, and getting a 5th....but again, you MUST realize that part of the circus that killed Dallas in 08 was THIS EXACT SITUATION. Im QUITE certain Dallas would have been better off keeping their 08 4th rounder, and having one less distraction for this team...

Honestly, I dont know why TEN allowed ANY clause in that trade contract that would impact what they would receive based on Pacmans behavior in the 08-09 season. Sure, I can understand the "if the NFL doesnt reinstate him, we will give you your pick back a year from now". I could also understand them trying to get another 6th rounder if Jones meets certain playing time marks. But the moment talk was brought up about "if he gets suspended in the 08-09 season then you gotta send something back" I would have gotten up and walked out. I mean, come on, your getting rid of the guy cause he is a douche in the first place right???

That would be like the Boys trading TO to a team this off season with a clause that says "if TO plays in 16 games, then you gotta send us another draft pick, BUT, if TO is perceived as an insecure, unstable, cancer on your team or in your locker room, then I will give you our 1st rounder".......Just dont make no sense.

If I am reading this right (my post above was from the same article you linked here), your both sorta off....

The Titans WOULD have gotten a 6th rounder for the 09 draft, BUT Pacman punched his security guard and got suspended by the NFL for 4 games, so in fact Dallas DOES get a 5th rounder back for 09.

By no means is Dallas getting "pickS" back though, as SB suggested. Nor are these picks in ANY WAY related to the fact that they just released Jones. I suppose you can say that Dallas gets "picks" if you mean keeping the 6th, and getting a 5th....but again, you MUST realize that part of the circus that killed Dallas in 08 was THIS EXACT SITUATION. Im QUITE certain Dallas would have been better off keeping their 08 4th rounder, and having one less distraction for this team...

Honestly, I dont know why TEN allowed ANY clause in that trade contract that would impact what they would receive based on Pacmans behavior in the 08-09 season. Sure, I can understand the "if the NFL doesnt reinstate him, we will give you your pick back a year from now". I could also understand them trying to get another 6th rounder if Jones meets certain playing time marks. But the moment talk was brought up about "if he gets suspended in the 08-09 season then you gotta send something back" I would have gotten up and walked out. I mean, come on, your getting rid of the guy cause he is a douche in the first place right???

That would be like the Boys trading TO to a team this off season with a clause that says "if TO plays in 16 games, then you gotta send us another draft pick, BUT, if TO is perceived as an insecure, unstable, cancer on your team or in your locker room, then I will give you our 1st rounder".......Just dont make no sense.

Yup, you beat me to the post and we both did the same goolge. I do think my post is acurate but not as inclusive as yours.

I see posts with people crying that Dallas is referred to as America's Team.

Posts like this are why. (Along with media, etc). People can't stay away. Everyone is controlled by "what's taking place with the Dallas Cowboys. The media knows who gets them ratings. The "general public" is helplessly drawn into any topic regarding Dallas-whether they really want to be or not. This message board is proof. Look at how many posts there are in any Dallas topic.

I see posts with people crying that Dallas is referred to as America's Team.

Posts like this are why. (Along with media, etc). People can't stay away. Everyone is controlled by "what's taking place with the Dallas Cowboys. The media knows who gets them ratings. The "general public" is helplessly drawn into any topic regarding Dallas-whether they really want to be or not. This message board is proof. Look at how many posts there are in any Dallas topic.

The term "America's Team" is a marketing ploy and it looks like you have bought in. The more informed shopper understands this while uninformed shoppers see the label "As Seen On TV" and buy in. I know a number of "true" Cowboys from Dallas and they never mention "America's Team", they talk football and know the game very well. When people argue about football and someone brings up, “sure but we are America’s Team” you sound like a fool. Do you really think what a franchise call it's self has anything to do with football? Come on, get a life.

It's a good move by Dallas. Next drop should be TO.

Agree and this team would be completely different next year this would be a big step forward. Still as long a JJ is the GM I don't think they will scare anyone in the NFL.

The term "America's Team" is a marketing ploy and it looks like you have bought in. The more informed shopper understands this while uninformed shoppers see the label "As Seen On TV" and buy in. I know a number of "true" Cowboys from Dallas and they never mention "America's Team", they talk football and know the game very well. When people argue about football and someone brings up, “sure but we are America’s Team” you sound like a fool. Do you really think what a franchise call it's self has anything to do with football? Come on, get a life.

And you are one of the helpless that can't help be be drawn into the Cowboys mogul. It's not really your fault, it's the way it is. I bet if I go back and look, I'll find that you were drawn into a plethora of Cowboys posts.

With my comment, I was merely indicating WHY they are referred to as that---err---why they are still referred to as that---as people can't help but be drawn in (you are proof). Anything Dallas does, is magnified. Good or bad. That's what I was getting at.

And to say the Cowboys aren't "America's Team", has the same logic as saying Ronald Regan wasn't "The Gipper" or Roger Staubach wasn't "The Dodger" or Kenny Stabler wasn't "The Snake".

Phurphur: "Oh...Roger wasn't really the Dodger. It was just something they called him. I can't believe so many people bought into it and really were naive enough to think he was the Dodger"

You're not that bright, are ya son?

And you are one of the helpless that can't help be be drawn into the Cowboys mogul. It's not really your fault, it's the way it is. I bet if I go back and look, I'll find that you were drawn into a plethora of Cowboys posts.

Well I love to argue so Cowboy Fans are a perfect source of entertainment. I just wish they could put up a better fight.

And to say the Cowboys aren't "America's Team", has the same logic as saying Ronald Regan wasn't "The Gipper" or Roger Staubach wasn't "The Dodger" or Kenny Stabler wasn't "The Snake".

"Oh...Roger wasn't really the Dodger. It was just something they called him. I can't believe so many people bought into it and really were naive enough to think he was the Dodger"

You're not that bright, are ya son?

I never said they weren't America's Team I said it was a marketing ploy. You're not that bright, are ya son?

Do you really think I care what the Cowboys call themselves?

This release has NOTHING to do with the draft picks involving that trade....from what I can tell.

Here are the details I can dig up on the trade:

There are conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated and how much he plays for the Cowboys, according to sources familiar with the situation:

— If Jones is available or on injured reserve for 16 games in 2008, the Titans will also get a sixth-round pick from the Cowboys in 2009. Jones doesn't have to play in the games; he just can't be suspended.

— If Jones isn't reinstated, the Titans will send a fourth-round draft pick back to the Cowboys in 2009. If Jones is reinstated and suspended again for another matter, the Titans will send a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys in 2009.

So, obviously the Titans got a 4th rounder in the 08 draft for Pacman.

IF Pacman didnt get suspended for those 4 games this year then the Titans would have gotten another 6th rounder from Dallas for the 09 draft.

Since he WAS suspended for 4 games mid season (after being reinstated for the start of the season), I believe the Titans will now actually send a 5th rounder for the 09 draft BACK to Dallas.

So, essentially what Dallas got out of the deal was giving up a 4th rounder in 08, for a 5th rounder in 09. That, coupled with the drama and stress of dealing with Pacmans antics all season long. Not to mention they have lost a year in developing whoever that 4th/5th round player is that they draft. And finally, just further confirmation that the current Cowboys organization is more of a circus show then a legitimate top NFL contender.

Sounds like a good deal..... :nono:

Was looking for this, thank. :lol:

So, here's the question - and no, you can't say "Raiders":

Do ya think anybody (else) would come anywhere NEAR this guy knowing he is one beer away from lifetime suspension?? Do you think somebody will put together a no-risk contract, no up-front money, all kinds of "out" clauses and take a flier?

Me? I don't think so.

So, here's the question - and no, you can't say "Raiders":

Do ya think anybody (else) would come anywhere NEAR this guy knowing he is one beer away from lifetime suspension?? Do you think somebody will put together a no-risk contract, no up-front money, all kinds of "out" clauses and take a flier?

Me? I don't think so.

No, Dallas was the only team interested in him last year.

off of that roster and on the death pool 09 roster.....

:thumbsdown: Why didn't I see this tread before I submited my roster :lol:

i never thought it was a good move. i'm a Cowboys fan who understands that JJ is the steinbrenner of the NFL. he'll go after flash, but football teams need substance. now, the Cowboys do have good some substance, but a guy like pacman................... :overhead:

we dont need pacman. Scandrick and Jenkins will be just fine. we need help at safety, not corner.

pacman can go about his business of hangin out in clubs and makin it rain. at least he's got that goin for him.