Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

David PatteRn rides again!

Browns signed WR David Patten, formerly of the Saints.

Patten, 34, is coming off an injury plagued season. He played in only five games and caught 11 passes after hauling in 54 the previous year. The Browns probably aren't committing much money to Patten and need insurance for Donte' Stallworth, but can't be expecting much production. He's a significantly poorer bet than he was in the Superdome under Sean Payton.

At age 34 he is running out of seasons where we can consider him a sleeper. Who is the next perennial sleeper?

I see DJ hackett as the heir apparent to PatteRn. Although hackett needs a 700 yard season so that he can be boosted back to sleeper status.

What a pathetic bunch of WR's. Stallworth going to jail, Winslow gone, and Mr. Dropsie's is the #1 WR. I feel sorry for whichever schmuck wins the QB job. Maybe they can get Jurevicious to come back.

What a pathetic bunch of WR's. Stallworth going to jail, Winslow gone, and Mr. Dropsie's is the #1 WR. I feel sorry for whichever schmuck wins the QB job. Maybe they can get Jurevicious to come back.

:rolleyes:

:cheers:

After Stallworth gets out of jail, he will play 2.5 quarters and then go on IR.

Patten will play 3 games, post halfway decent numbers because Failon suxs, tease some of us to add him as a free agent, and then he will miss some or all of the next 4-6 games, just to piss you off.

If Jurevicious is signed, he will go on IR after the first play someone sneezes at him.

Good luck with all that, Brownies. :cheers:

He's getting to be like Stephen Davis

Nevah!!! Bench him

:thumbsdown:

:pointstosky: :headbanger:

Blessed soul  , he’s doing just find and better then we are, he was saved and Jesus is his Savior. 

Thanks w

The longer you go back with respect to the FFToday board, the sadder this is. 

1 hour ago, AirRam said:

RIP David PatteRn.

Was so sorry to hear about this.   Was only 47 years old. 

We Silverbacks always loved catchphrases in "David PatteRn" and "Never Bench Stephen Davis!".    

Came back on the site solely looking for this thread.  RIP to FFToday legend David PatteRn.  😢

Also, a fond hello to all the other old timers visiting the page...

On 9/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, dcgangstas said:

"Never Bench Stephen Davis!".    

Well I believe the exact quote is 'NEVAH BENCH STEPHEN DAVIS!!!' :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey DCG, hope all is well.

It's sad anytime anyone passes, but especially so young. RIP David PatteRn. :pointstosky:

6 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

Came back on the site solely looking for this thread.  RIP to FFToday legend David PatteRn.  😢

Also, a fond hello to all the other old timers visiting the page...

:thumbsup:

On 9/4/2021 at 6:34 PM, NAn said:

Well I believe the exact quote is 'NEVAH BENCH STEPHEN DAVIS!!!' :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey DCG, hope all is well.

It's sad anytime anyone passes, but especially so young. RIP David PatteRn. :pointstosky:

What's Good, NAn my fellow Raider Nation member !! 

Hope that all is good for you too.  

• Like 1

Oh God, this brings back memories, imagine having PatteRn and Tommy Maddox on the same squad.

Rest easy Dave!