Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Where does Edge end up?

They're reporting that Edge is likely going to be released by the Cards. - Would love to see him in Houston, but I'm not sure that'll happen. :shrug:

Arizona Republic "The Cardinals drafted two running backs over the weekend, which is expected to lead to the release of running back Edgerrin James. The Cardinals were holding on to James to make sure they were covered at running back. With selection of Chris "Beanie" Wells in the first round and LaRod Stephens-Howling in the seventh, the club now has five backs on the roster, excluding James."

Interesting move, He is on the decline, but could help out a team weak at rb.

Is it safe to say the Broncos are ruled out :lol:

Edge was on the decline when he left Indy....now he's just more declined. Edge is no longer relevant.

Pretty much, but a team like Houston would seem to make sense. Wherever he ends up though, I don't expect he'll have a relevant role. It's not even like he's considered a good goal line back anymore, so you couldn't even rely on him to steal a few TDs here and there.

Don't forget the Cardinals started playing their best offense when Edge was running the ball. As a season ticket holder, Edge still does not get caught in the backfield and always moves forward. Yes, he does not have the burst or speed anymore, but I'd love to see the Cards keep him and work with these younger guys. I'm pretty sure that won't happen at $5M

Don't forget the Cardinals started playing their best offense when Edge was running the ball. As a season ticket holder, Edge still does not get caught in the backfield and always moves forward. Yes, he does not have the burst or speed anymore, but I'd love to see the Cards keep him and work with these younger guys. I'm pretty sure that won't happen at $5M

:thumbsup: Super!

They're reporting that Edge is likely going to be released by the Cards. - Would love to see him in Houston, but I'm not sure that'll happen. :shrug:

I was thinking Washington. They didn't draft a RB, and Edge could help extend Portis' career.

The New Orleans Saints. We didn't draft an offensive player. Deuce is gone. P Thomas is good, but how good? Reggie isn't a true RB. And Edge is used to playing in pass happy teams with The Colts and Cardinals. Just a matter of time. Perfect fit.

Edge is washed up and just needs to tie the laces and throw them old shoes over wire! He can't carry the ball anymore, his YPA have been laughable the last few seasons! He is passed the water mark at 31, looks below average, and slow! Retirement is the only option!

denver

That was my thought, too. They've only got like 10 RBs on their roster already.