Sign in to follow this  
pronghorn3

CBS Sportsline!

Yep. We have been with them for a few years also and are telling them to get bent. I wanted to leave long ago, but LM wouldn't hear of it. How on earth do they think their product is really worth even half of that?

:headbanger:

I only saw the $30 off and figured it was the same as last year. I didn't realize they jacked up the price to $180. :pointstosky:

What was the price before?

I'm in two leagues there, one for 6-7 years now. I've gotten so used to just paying the league fee (with site cost included) that I don't even know how much of that was to cover the cost of the site hosting the league.

So how much has it shot up?

rtsports.com it rules, is easy to customize and to navigate and our returning league is like $69.

What was the price before?

I'm in two leagues there, one for 6-7 years now. I've gotten so used to just paying the league fee (with site cost included) that I don't even know how much of that was to cover the cost of the site hosting the league.

So how much has it shot up?

It used to be $150 and $20 off when you bought early.

Ain't that something - "Hey, sign up now and get $30 off so you can purchase it at the previous regular price of $150!"

What a joke.

Of course, with that said, the two leagues Im in will likely remain there. And I do like the site, so I don't mind, but their pricing seems a bit much. And they do need to add more features to better accomadate Dynasty Leagues. I think that's something that is in their plans though - at least they told the commish of my one league last year that it is.

It used to be $100 and the other sports (basketball, hockey) were even cheaper.

About a 5% inflation rate the last 10 yrs or so.

Man... I have been fighting my league to stay on CBS for the last couple years. A couple of the managers want to move to Yahoo... This price hike will make their complaints louder and I can't blame them this time. I sent CBS an email... Time to wait and see what they say about it.

Ridiculous...

Anyone know of any other sites besides Yahoo that allows you to do defensive players.....looking at setting up another league.....

Anyone know of any other sites besides Yahoo that allows you to do defensive players.....looking at setting up another league.....

You might look at: Myfantasyleague.com :blink:

Ain't that something - "Hey, sign up now and get $30 off so you can purchase it at the previous regular price of $150!"

What a joke.

Of course, with that said, the two leagues Im in will likely remain there. And I do like the site, so I don't mind, but their pricing seems a bit much. And they do need to add more features to better accomadate Dynasty Leagues. I think that's something that is in their plans though - at least they told the commish of my one league last year that it is.

I would think about joining again if they got rid of those annoying popups and let you modify the site yourself instead of cluttering up the screen with those stupid @ss videos and advertisements.

I'm done with them and moving the league to either ESPN and myfantasyleague.com

You might look at: Myfantasyleague.com :thumbsdown:

+1 My league has used myfantasyleague.com for 3 years now and we have zero complaints. We also used fantasyauctioneer.com for the draft, but they were a focking joke 2 out of the 3 years, so if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for a different auction site that would be appreciated.

If you paid $130 for it last year, I dont see why you would not pay $150 - 10 team league it's $2 more per person so about $15 per person.

Live Scoring feature on Yahoo for each user is what $10 per team.

Plus you save $20 or so getting a free draft board (which we actually use)

We'll probably do it, I'm not happy about the hike either but they are trying to make money here. They also gave me a free baseball league this year...yeah they sucked me in.

If you paid $130 for it last year, I dont see why you would not pay $150 - 10 team league it's $2 more per person so about $15 per person.

We'll probably do it, I'm not happy about the hike either but they are trying to make money here. They also gave me a free baseball league this year...yeah they sucked me in.

Do you work for CBS?

It is more the statement then the facts. While CBS is fine, they did have quite a bit of hiccups last year and they also do not allow you to see you lineup past the upcoming week. For them to raise the pricing without addressing these concerns, my league is going to want to bail.

As for the 5 dollar draft board they give you... A computer hooked up to a large TV trumps that any day.

Right now we are just waiting for Yahoo to open up their 2009 doors. Our league has been with CBS for 4 years... no longer.

I would think about joining again if they got rid of those annoying popups and let you modify the site yourself instead of cluttering up the screen with those stupid @ss videos and advertisements.

I'm done with them and moving the league to either ESPN and myfantasyleague.com

Aside from their annual major downtime issues that happen week 1 of what seems to be every year, the popups and ads are my major beef. I have no problem with them running ads/etc on free sites, but for a pay site (that isn't exactly cheap), its total horse-sheet for them to bombard you with ads for McDonald'e, etc...

CAn somebody provide an email address/contact for them (CBS)

I propose that we pick a day and infiltrate their system with threats of leaving...an email here, there may not do much but if we all ban together (as well as our league-mates) we could really make some noise.

I Commish one league there and have been playing in another, both for 5 years and this recent hike really pisses me off :(

Do those fockwads not realize that the economy is in the sh!tter :lol:

I'm serious....I'll take this post to FBG and every FF site out there...I think with enough pissing and moaning we could make a statement.

YOU IN :rolleyes:

I am in. Pick a day. I am the commish of one league and can get another commish from there to send an email. Both have been with them for 8 years.

Both leagues are 12 man, so $15 each is not going to get us to quit CBS, but with this economy their arrogance should be stood up against.

Do any of these other sites have as decent of live scoring as CBS??

I am in. Pick a day. I am the commish of one league and can get another commish from there to send an email. Both have been with them for 8 years.

Both leagues are 12 man, so $15 each is not going to get us to quit CBS, but with this economy their arrogance should be stood up against.

MFL has live scoring and even a separate program that announces scoring. I love MFL and no site is worth $150-180 a year. thats nuts.

Both have been with them for 8 years.

This is exactly what they are banking on. They know how long every one of Leagues that uses their site has been there. I'm sure they looked at the data and figured they could bump the price again because enough of the Leagues have been there a significant amount of time and have already paid each time they raised the price in the past. They know there are enough FF players out there who want to log on to the same website every year. And just like you they'll say a few extra bucks won't stop us from using them again.

Let's extend outside of just the COmmishes.... I have one league with 12 owners and teh other with 14. I'd love to geta ll 26 guys to send an email, I know that's hoping for alot but I can bet that I'll at least get half to fire off a nasty gram.

You must work for CBS Sportsline, what a joke. The price is way out of line not to mention poor ethics on their discount program. MFL is a far better site and only cost $69. I had 5 leagues on CBS going into the 2007-2008 season and I will move my final league from CBS this season. See ya later CBS.

I would advise all redraft leagues to use yahoo and all keeper/dynasty leagues to use MFL or rtsports (Real Time Fantsay Sports). Both of these sites are half the cost of CBS sports and I have never had a problem logging on and there features for keeper/dynasty are far superior.

CAn somebody provide an email address/contact for them (CBS)

I propose that we pick a day and infiltrate their system with threats of leaving...an email here, there may not do much but if we all ban together (as well as our league-mates) we could really make some noise.

I Commish one league there and have been playing in another, both for 5 years and this recent hike really pisses me off :(

Do those fockwads not realize that the economy is in the sh!tter :overhead:

I'm serious....I'll take this post to FBG and every FF site out there...I think with enough pissing and moaning we could make a statement.

YOU IN :headbanger:

I already sent them an email - you do it through the help center. They responded kindly with a "We are sorry you do not see the value in our service" followed by a cut-and-paste check list of features that most other fantasy sites already have. And then silence.

Basically "You are an idiot for wanted to move... and peace out"

I left the following message on the CBS message board in a thread already there about the price increase and a poll about switching:

I have been a commish here for 8 or 9 years, and I'm in another league that has been with CBS for 8 years. Both leagues will be switching to Myfantasyleague.com. The arrogance of CBS RAISING their prices during these economic times is appalling to me. Especially when I can get a BETTER product at a MUCH CHEAPER PRICE. Honestly, I think I've been stupid for staying here as long as I have. (End of post)

Today my mind is made up to make the switch. Thanks for years of wearing me down on this debate guys. I finally see the light.

I left the following message on the CBS message board in a thread already there about the price increase and a poll about switching:

I have been a commish here for 8 or 9 years, and I'm in another league that has been with CBS for 8 years. Both leagues will be switching to Myfantasyleague.com. The arrogance of CBS RAISING their prices during these economic times is appalling to me. Especially when I can get a BETTER product at a MUCH CHEAPER PRICE. Honestly, I think I've been stupid for staying here as long as I have. (End of post)

Today my mind is made up to make the switch. Thanks for years of wearing me down on this debate guys. I finally see the light.

I highly doubt the message will remain un-modded...

I already sent them an email - you do it through the help center. They responded kindly with a "We are sorry you do not see the value in our service" followed by a cut-and-paste check list of features that most other fantasy sites already have. And then silence.

Basically "You are an idiot for wanted to move... and peace out"

I still say if we can get hundreds of angry players to send emails on the same day maybe, just maybe it'll have a profound effect, if not we can choose to move on or pay the hike.

You might look at: Myfantasyleague.com :dunno:

:overhead:

best site out there...

for the cheapies of the world i recommend fleaflicker or yahoo

Meh, I'm going to stick with CBS. :lol:

I like it. :dunno:

I've played in leagues on some of those other sites, but CBS is always my favorite. Yahoo is by far the worst. :nono:

RTSports and Fanball are two sites you may want to check into. I havent commished either of them in a couple years but I believe the price to be around 75 with returning discount of 10

That is what I'm wondering. I would love to use a cheaper site, however, the live scoring on the cheaper sites always seems to be a disappointment after using CBS. I know all the sites have live scoring, but are any of them as good as CBS? Here's what I like about CBS live scoring.

1. Updates very quickly

2. Allows me to see all of this info at one glance:

a. scores of all nfl games and all fantay games

b. dates and times off all the weeks nfl games

c. total player minutes remaining for my team and my opponent

d. bench scoring

3. I can click on any nfl game from my live scoring and it opens up the game page on nfl.com

4. Built in chat for trash talking

fantasy commissioner

Products - League Management Software for Commissioners New Renewal

Fantasy Commissioner Web 2009 (Available Now) $99.95 $89.95*

Fantasy Commissioner Desktop 2009 - includes PEDS (Available June 15th) $69.95 $54.95

Been using it since they came out in the mid 90's.

Live scoring is very good.

My league started with software, then went to web when it came out.

Very rarely ever down. very customizable :rolleyes:

I was furious to find this out, but after I broke it down to two whole dollars more per team, I wasn't so pissed, and now I can put videos on the main home page now to talk even more ######, well, I for one will get my two dollars worth out of ripping on everybody. I know where everybody's comin from, but I've played on other sites, and I haven't like any of them compared to CBS. I'm still gonna send a message bitching about it though.

This is the e-mail I sent to them:

Raising your prices in this economy translates into theft. Your product is good but you have plenty of problems to fix before you raise prices on those of us that have been loyal to you for years. I will not stand for this and I will be moving my league(which has been here for 7 years) to another site that will show me more appeciation for my business. You have shown zero integrety in this matter and I quit you!

rtsports.com it rules, is easy to customize and to navigate and our returning league is like $69.

:doublethumbsup:

I sent This:

Customer 05/01/2009 04:44 PM

Just received the renewal notice on the 2009 FF Commissioner Product, and noticed the price increased. We are currently reviewing this price, and determining whether or not to renew for 2009. Saying that, I also Co-commissioner a 2nd league which is contemplating a move to CBS, but given the price we are apprehensive. Is there anything CBS could do to make this a bit more manageable? At the same time, possibly gain a 2nd league. We are very happy with the CBS Product, and have no problem paying a premium for the product but the premium increase seems excessive at this time. Anything you can do would be helpful and much appreciated. Thank you in advance, and if you require anything further please contact me at

They replied with this:

I'm sorry you feel the entertainment value of our 2009 Fantasy Football Commissioner product is not equitable to its price. I hope you will consider all of our product's features and remain active on our website. We have the web's number-one rated Commissioner product by the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, with Over 10 years of proven Quality and Reliability, including industry-leading features such as:

- Most customizable League Managers in the industry

- Live Scoring

- Extensive customization options

- Cutting edge Fantasy information

- New Fantasy Community area

In addition we will be including the following new features for the 2009 Season.

- Brand new auction draft hosted by CBSSports.com

- Embeddable video option on league homepage

- All new league history pages

- Draft Room performance and communication enhancements

- One Rank Player List for use in All Leagues

CBS Sports offers the web's finest Fantasy Sports experience available. I hope your league enjoys the 2009 season!

I just got the brushoff, now I need to convince my league mates we need to find a new home.

It always cracks me up when folks justify it by saying "it is only X dollars per person, that isn't very much". However, I pay $70 for my much better MFL league, and that EXTRA $80 that you pay to the ripoffs at CBS could go to the winner.

I am a former CBS user. Break yourself of the addiction, tell them to stuff it, quit your bitching, and switch. The other sites (I prefer MFL, Fanball sucks), seem foreign at first, but after you get used to the format, you will wonder what you liked about CBS to begin with.

this is strongly making me move our league off of CBS after 2 years there.

someone mentioned how on CBS you cant see your lineup past 1 week, which was a huge pet peeve of mine. so with what amounts to a large price hike percentage-wise in these times, it is as good a time as any to jump ship.

so of the other leagues mentioned, which let you see weeks in advance for your lineup