Sign in to follow this  
Dan

IBL Application and Check-In

I wanted to get this out here, so that we can get an idea of what kind of interest there is for the upcoming IBL season.

Vets - please check in with your updated status. If I don't see you, I'm assuming what I've got in the danzone.

Others -

If you're interested, please check in here. Drop your name, and briefly what you've been involved in.

What is the IBL?

The IBL is the Interboard League. It is a league that involves 8-10 fantasy football websites on the net, each site putting together a team of 12 owners, each of whom will control his/her own fantasy squad. 5 internet boards compete in one league, in 5 different drafts, in which our 12 owners will be spread out.

The scoring system is pretty normal, but the uniquity is in the draft(s). Trading can take place between drafts, and while you cannot own two copies of the same player, you can conceivably have players from 5 different drafts on your team.

The league is very teamwork oriented, requiring that you know your stuff, but also be able to work with others from the FFToday Board. It is rather time-consuming, especially during the drafts, and in the weeks leading up to them, where we will work out our strategy and plan for the upcoming drafts and season.

That's the thumbnail and teaser. If this sounds interesting, throw your name in, and we'll deal with deeper and more specific questions later. :)

Thanks, folks.

My turnips listen for the soft cry of your love. My insides turn to celery as I unleash my warm and sticky cauliflower of love. :doublethumbsup:

I should be back if ya let me... :thumbsdown:

I'll let ya know if I need to change that status. :bench:

interested for sure.

About me? Hmm I usually do 2-4 leagues per year. I completed a 3 peat in a 12 team redraft league and promptly retired :dunno: . I have been on this board since 02 i believe altho this handle has been active since 05 only. For a few years I ran a small yahoo league with board members.."FFToday Ballers League". Also was involved in your GM Scratch Draft.

however still a little confused on the trading and such with 5 drafts taking place. I think I get the general concept of the 5 drafts but I have a few questions. I know you said you would get into specifics later but Im going to toss out my questions in this thread because I am afraid I might forget them :overhead:

1. is each draft tied directly into each league? or do the drafts happen and then the leagues are formed?

2. i gather it is possible to have multiple copies of 1 player in the same league?

3. is there inter-league trading once the season begins?

interested for sure.

About me? Hmm I usually do 2-4 leagues per year. I completed a 3 peat in a 12 team redraft league and promptly retired :dunno: . I have been on this board since 02 i believe altho this handle has been active since 05 only. For a few years I ran a small yahoo league with board members.."FFToday Ballers League". Also was involved in your GM Scratch Draft.

however still a little confused on the trading and such with 5 drafts taking place. I think I get the general concept of the 5 drafts but I have a few questions. I know you said you would get into specifics later but Im going to toss out my questions in this thread because I am afraid I might forget them :overhead:

1. is each draft tied directly into each league? or do the drafts happen and then the leagues are formed?

2. i gather it is possible to have multiple copies of 1 player in the same league?

3. is there inter-league trading once the season begins?

1. Unless something changes from last year, there will be 2 separate leagues (5 teams each), which have pretty much nothing to do with each other. IBL1's group of 5 drafts will be completely separate from IBL2's group of 5 drafts.

2. There will be 5 copies of each player in each league. The only restriction is that one owner can't have 2 copies of the same player. Although one board can have any amount they want, if they're willing to draft that high. When FFT won the IBL a few years ago, we were able to hit a few late round targets (Barber III in his break out season, in particular).

3. No interleague trading, but you can trade with the other boards in our league. But most trading happens during the drafts. I'm usually in the double digits when it comes to trading during drafts, and 20 isn't unheard of.

thanks vikes.

now you answer to my first question raises more questions for me lol.

so 2 leagues? 5 drafts per league? with X amount of teams per league? And each team owner only partakes in 1 draft? unless he happens to trade into other drafts?

well it will take me a little while to wrap my head around it all but no biggie....

is it PPR by chance? thats my forte.

thanks vikes.

now you answer to my first question raises more questions for me lol.

so 2 leagues? 5 drafts per league? with X amount of teams per league? And each team owner only partakes in 1 draft? unless he happens to trade into other drafts?

well it will take me a little while to wrap my head around it all but no biggie....

is it PPR by chance? thats my forte.

Correct. Correct. 60 teams per league (5 boards, 12 teams per board). Correct. Correct.

Yes, we became a PPR last year.

It's possible that the PPR will change, as we occasionally have rule changes before the drafts start, but I wouldn't count on a change.

My turnips listen for the soft cry of your love. My insides turn to celery as I unleash my warm and sticky cauliflower of love. :unsure:

:blink:

I guess Ray's back.

:headbanger: Good to have you back.

Correct. Correct. 60 teams per league (5 boards, 12 teams per board). Correct. Correct.

Yes, we became a PPR last year.

It's possible that the PPR will change, as we occasionally have rule changes before the drafts start, but I wouldn't count on a change.

Just one note on the third correct.

Each owner is part of one draft . . . but he can trade into (and out of) the other 4 drafts. 5 drafts - A, B, C, D, E - an owner might be slotted in draft C - his "official" draft - but can trade his picks to any of the other four drafts provided he can find a partner. This will make for screwy looking draft boards, but is immensely fun. :unsure: Captain Lou, two years ago, started in Draft E (the last draft to start). He literally completed his team before anyone else on the FFToday squad, with his first round pick in Draft E being his last pick. Yeah.

Just one note on the third correct.

Each owner is part of one draft . . . but he can trade into (and out of) the other 4 drafts. 5 drafts - A, B, C, D, E - an owner might be slotted in draft C - his "official" draft - but can trade his picks to any of the other four drafts provided he can find a partner. This will make for screwy looking draft boards, but is immensely fun. :unsure: Captain Lou, two years ago, started in Draft E (the last draft to start). He literally completed his team before anyone else on the FFToday squad, with his first round pick in Draft E being his last pick. Yeah.

thats what i figured..

and yeah that sounds very cool.

I'm in again...just need a later draft date.

Was going to start sending out emails to you fellas after finals next week. I'd like to see if we cant throw together some kind of REALLY early mock just to get a feel for who's interested in who big time this year and feel out possible strategies against other great drafters and as a team.

We've got unfinished business and barring such a terrible start, we're bringing home the trophy this year.

I'm in, by the way. In case that needed clarification.

:first:

:wacko: :o

We've got unfinished business and barring such a terrible start, we're bringing home the trophy this year.

The start was shocking, but the wild run at the title was was pretty stiff. :wave: That is why FFT has always been the team to beat in the IBL. Never Say Die!! :music_guitarred: Good luck again this year men! It was an odd feeling last year to say the least.

I was spying :thumbsdown:

No worries, some days I watch you all day long, and then I touch you, and you never even know it.... :banana:

Wow, you guys are maniacs!!!

My kinda FF'ers.

I am back again

though I think Clash needs to exit stage left. Being commish and then after the first month dissapearing :wall: needs to go. :huh: to Dan for stepping up.

I'm in if Clash isn't :shocking:

:thumbsdown:

Bump...lots more input needed here in terms of who's interested in joining us and so forth. It's a worthy endeavor...

If this sounds interesting, throw your name in, and we'll deal with deeper and more specific questions later. :dunno:

So what are some of these specifics?

1. How is the draft conducted?

2. What other boreds are included?

3. Do I have to submit nekkid pictures like when I originally signed up to post here?

I'll throw my name out there, but need more details.....

Was going to start sending out emails to you fellas after finals next week. I'd like to see if we cant throw together some kind of REALLY early mock just to get a feel for who's interested in who big time this year and feel out possible strategies against other great drafters and as a team.

i agree, also prepping as early as posisble would be a plus for me as a new player, if i get selected.

So what are some of these specifics?

1. How is the draft conducted?

2. What other boreds are included?

3. Do I have to submit nekkid pictures like when I originally signed up to post here?

I'll throw my name out there, but need more details.....

1. Slow drafts conducted over roughly 2 weeks. Generally, 2 drafts start the 2nd to last week of July, 2 drafts start the next week, 1 more draft the next week.

2. Last year in our league was The Sports Outlaw (includes a good portion of ex-FFTers), The Huddle, KFFL, and Football Gays.

3. Not required, but encouraged. Also, pics of wife/girlfriend/legal daughters are also highly recommended. :dunno:

1. Slow drafts conducted over roughly 2 weeks. Generally, 2 drafts start the 2nd to last week of July, 2 drafts start the next week, 1 more draft the next week.

2. Last year in our league was The Sports Outlaw (includes a good portion of ex-FFTers), The Huddle, KFFL, and Football Gays.

3. Not required, but encouraged. Also, pics of wife/girlfriend/legal daughters are also highly recommended. :thumbsup:

:dunno:

3. Not required, but encouraged. Also, pics of wife/girlfriend/legal daughters are also highly recommended. :dunno:

Someone needs to nab The Big Lebowski as a free agent, then we need to can the KFFL. They have caved 2 seasons in a row. The Whiz earned their shot at the big leagues.

Someone needs to nab The Big Lebowski as a free agent, then we need to can the KFFL. They have caved 2 seasons in a row. The Whiz earned their shot at the big leagues.

Someone should . . . I don't think we're going to have the space, however. I'm anticipating 2-3 open spots, and there are at least that many that have expressed interest around here (both in the thread and in other conversations).

Besides, remote . . . we can't go grabbing free agents. Where would all the other boards get their ringers? :dunno:

2009 is now off to a great start for the IBL.........more drama and lies directed at me again............now i am being accused of disappearing because i didn't post very many messages ON THE MESSAGE BOARD........?????? just laughable..... in my 4 years of being here i RARELY have posted any messages on the board or any other board during the season... but i was around most every other day... i know i had a bad year but i still FINISHED in the top tier with a winning record.....abandoning teams don't do this :shocking: ....i was picking up players and dropping them until the very end....even on CHRISTMAS DAY...log in and check the myfantasy league website if you need proof .......

however i do owe the site and the league an apology for not being the best of commmishes that will be forthcoming tonight......i am glad to see dan step in and take it over.......it was my plan all along...starting last year when i took over... which i will explain later

and yes i am coming back.......i thought long and hard about it over the winter.......but i want a shot at redemption

and if anyone wants to call me about this i'll e-mail you my number...it should be on the danzone....i'll be more than happy to call anyone as well i think i need to clear the air with some folks who have despise me for no apparent reason like moz.....

mike taylor- clash

2009 is now off to a great start for the IBL.........more drama and lies directed at me again............now i am being accused of disappearing because i didn't post very many messages ON THE MESSAGE BOARD........?????? just laughable..... in my 4 years of being here i RARELY have posted any messages on the board or any other board during the season... but i was around most every other day... i know i had a bad year but i still FINISHED in the top tier with a winning record.....abandoning teams don't do this :mellow: ....i was picking up players and dropping them until the very end....even on CHRISTMAS DAY...log in and check the myfantasy league website if you need proof .......

however i do owe the site and the league an apology for not being the best of commmishes that will be forthcoming tonight......i am glad to see dan step in and take it over.......it was my plan all along...starting last year when i took over... which i will explain later

and yes i am coming back.......i thought long and hard about it over the winter.......but i want a shot at redemption

and if anyone wants to call me about this i'll e-mail you my number...it should be on the danzone....i'll be more than happy to call anyone as well i think i need to clear the air with some folks who have despise me for no apparent reason like moz.....

mike taylor- clash

Lies? Let me be specific here:

You posted a GRAND TOTAL of 5 times during last season. That's not five topics you started. That's not you posted throughout five different threads. YOU POSTED FIVE TIMES TOTAL.

During the heart of the IBL season, you failed to post just ONE TIME in over seven weeks. You posted one thing the first part of October and we didn't hear from you in any form or fashion until right before Thanksgiving....even then, you just posted two things and you were gone again for the duration of the season.

Everyone but you posted at least a half dozen times a week to stay in touch, give advice/insight, and be part of the overall team process. You absolutely, positively disappeared from the danzone. There's no two ways about it. The facts don't lie.

You kept up with your team and you did fairly well as usual. You're an extremely solid fantasy football mind...of that there is no doubt. But, in 2008, you were absolutely and without exception a LOUSY teammate. Do I harbor any long-term resentments towards you? Of course not. I've always respected your knowledge and what you bring to the site and so forth. Am I willing to welcome you back into the IBL fold? Not without some major promises from you that it will be much different this time around.

Lies? Let me be specific here:

You posted a GRAND TOTAL of 5 times during last season. That's not five topics you started. That's not you posted throughout five different threads. YOU POSTED FIVE TIMES TOTAL.

During the heart of the IBL season, you failed to post just ONE TIME in over seven weeks. You posted one thing the first part of October and we didn't hear from you in any form or fashion until right before Thanksgiving....even then, you just posted two things and you were gone again for the duration of the season.

Everyone but you posted at least a half dozen times a week to stay in touch, give advice/insight, and be part of the overall team process. You absolutely, positively disappeared from the danzone. There's no two ways about it. The facts don't lie.

You kept up with your team and you did fairly well as usual. You're an extremely solid fantasy football mind...of that there is no doubt. But, in 2008, you were absolutely and without exception a LOUSY teammate. Do I harbor any long-term resentments towards you? Of course not. I've always respected your knowledge and what you bring to the site and so forth. Am I willing to welcome you back into the IBL fold? Not without some major promises from you that it will be much different this time around.

i'll explain more tomorrow individually...... see the website apology...thanks....goodnite

I'll bite. I would let Clash have another crack at this thing on one condition. He gets last priority on where he drafts. No automatic #1 pick BS. He claims (and others have supported) how knowledgable he is at this little game we call fantasy football. It's time to put up or shut up. I think it's only fair given the disappearing act (among other things) he pulled last year. He owes us that and if he chooses to meet this condition, I'll gladly continue on in the IBL and welcome him back as my teammate. :hugs:

Fumble - YGM.

Cuse9 here: If you need another?

Resume:

I've been in the RCL for sixteen years! Won it twice, was in the money 7 or 8 times? Great league. 14 owners, IDP's, keeper....

Been in the BWD for fourteen years. Won it four times. Currently I am the back to back champ! Fourteen teamer, huge roster, 22 players.

Been in the ACC League for about eight years. Won it three times. Reigning champ. 12 Teamer.

Been in a few here and there for a couple years. If it's runny crappy, I don't return.

Then there is my own league. 28 Team keeper league. Two conferences of fourteen. It was a simple fourteen team league for fourteen years then last year due to demand, I opened it up and expanded to 28 teams. All friends, co-workers and others that I've run across in my life. Great league with alot of knowledgable guys and smack talk galore. Amazingly, my own league, I've only won once....doh!

The bad:

I did the GM Scratch draft and have never made it back in to "grade" teams! Things picked up here (always do at beginning of spring) and I haven't had time to devote to doing a good job finishing the assessment of our draft....shame, shame on me.

That's it.......that's all I got. Let me know.......

What I'm seeing, as I compile interested candidates, is this:

WhiteWonder

KSB2424

Cuse9

KnowDoubt - Were you expressing interest?

I want to keep this to the top, as I'd like to have our team together in fairly short order.