Sign in to follow this  
runner06

Free PPR Startup Dynasty league - Full

Update:League Full. Thanks.

Previous information:

First, let me say I've never played in a dynasty league before.

I've been looking to join a PPR startup dynasty league for the last couple of months but haven't really seen one in my price range. Anyways, I came across fleaflicker.com which supports dynasty leagues and trading of future draft picks.

If you're interested, please PM or respond in this thread. I'd like to make the league 12 or 14 teams so if I can 11-13 other interested owners, I'll go ahead with starting the league.

Basically, I expect that owners won't start players who are on their bye week, have been out for more then a week (for example, like Colston last year), or on IR. This has been a problem in other non money leagues/hometown leagues and is the one thing I want to avoid in this league. If you do any of these things without a valid excuse, you won't be invited back. As long as you do those things, you wouldn't ever be kicked out of the league. Owners who would consider trading would be a plus but in no way required. I certainly wouldn't expect the league to be as active as a money or hometown league.

Assuming I can manually edit rosters on fleaflicker.com, I would pool all players and draft picks from abandoned teams each seasons and have new owners draft those players through a dispersal draft. I think that would make the league more appealing to future owners.

I'd try to find a time that works for the most people. Based on what people want, we could have the draft in June, July, or early August.

Some of this could be changed, but here's a rough rundown of how I might set up the league scoring

-12 or 14 team league

-starters: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1K, 1 Team defense, and probably 1 Flex (RB, WR, or TE) for a total of 10 starter spots

-probably 24 players per roster (based on browsing dynasty league threads)

-After the 1st season we would have a 3 to 4 round rookie draft each season.

decimal scoring

1pt/25 yards passing

1pt/10 yards rushing

1pt/10 yards receiving

0.5pts/reception (all positions)

6 pts/passing, rushing, receiving, KR, and PR touchdowns

-2 pts/interceptions and lost fumbles

2 pts/2 pt conversions

field goals (3-5 pts based on distance)

extra points (1 pt per extra pt. made)

missed field goals or extra points (potentially small penalties - 1 pt on missed xps and 0-1 pts on missed field goals - depending on distance)

team defense -

2 pts/safety, sack, interception

6 pts/defensive touchdown

bonuses depending on how many point the defense gives up.

I've been looking to join a PPR startup dynasty league for the last couple of months but haven't really seen one in my price range. Anyways, I came across fleaflicker.com which supports dynasty leagues and trading of future draft picks.

If you're interested, please PM or respond in this thread. I'd like to make the league 12 or 14 teams so if I can 11-13 other interested owners, I'll go ahead with starting the league.

Basically, I expect that owners won't start players who are on their bye week, have been out for more then a week (for example, like Colston last year), or on IR. This has been a problem in other non money leagues/hometown leagues and is the one thing I want to avoid in this league. If you do any of these things without a valid excuse, you won't be invited back. As long as you do those things, you wouldn't ever be kicked out of the league. Owners who would consider trading would be a plus but in no way required. I certainly wouldn't expect the league to be as active as a money or hometown league.

Assuming I can manually edit rosters on fleaflicker.com, I would pool all players and draft picks from abandoned teams each seasons and have new owners draft those players through a dispersal draft. I think that would make the league more appealing to future owners.

I'd try to find a time that works for the most people. Based on what people want, we could have the draft in June, July, or early August.

Some of this could be changed, but here's a rough rundown of how I might set up the league scoring

-12 or 14 team league

-starters: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1K, 1 Team defense, and probably 1 Flex (RB, WR, or TE) for a total of 10 starter spots

-probably 24 players per roster (based on browsing dynasty league threads)

-After the 1st season we would have a 3 to 4 round rookie draft each season.

decimal scoring

1pt/25 yards passing

1pt/10 yards rushing

1pt/10 yards receiving

0.5pts/reception (all positions)

6 pts/passing, rushing, receiving, KR, and PR touchdowns

-2 pts/interceptions and lost fumbles

2 pts/2 pt conversions

field goals (3-5 pts based on distance)

extra points (1 pt per extra pt. made)

missed field goals or extra points (potentially small penalties - 1 pt on missed xps and 0-1 pts on missed field goals - depending on distance)

team defense -

2 pts/safety, sack, interception

6 pts/defensive touchdown

bonuses depending on how many point the defense gives up.

Anyways, if this is something you might be interested in and would be willing to commit minimal time to, let me know. If we can 12 people total, then I'll set it up.

Tentative sign-up list

1.) runner06

2.) Ghost of Bill Walsh

3.) esau17

4.) louie68

5.) Slobknocker (from FFtoday)

6.) Rangenius

7.) Inhiding (from FFtoday)

8.) emeybee

9.) hbkhbk

10.) millertyme1 (12 teams only?)

11.) doc005

12.) sfitch2003

**13.)

**14.)

I'm in(Ghost of Bill Walsh), so it looks like we have 3 so far.I posted for it in a couple of my leagues so I'm sure we won't have a problem filling it before long.

I am interested in joining a dynasty league, but there's no $$$ involved?

Is there any league fees for the winner? A dynasty is a lot of work for not having a pay-off for the winner.

I am interested in joining a dynasty league, but there's no $$$ involved?

Is there any league fees for the winner? A dynasty is a lot of work for not having a pay-off for the winner.

There wouldn't ever be any league fees and there won't be a prize for the winner unless someone decides that they want to donate one. I myself don't want to be a commisioner of a money league as I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting money from everyone each season. Since this league isn't for money, I don't expect people to be as hardcore as they are in their money leagues. The only requirement I have is that members will make sure they don't start people who have been out for more then one week (like Colston last year), on IR, on a bye week, on the PUP list, or not on an NFL team.

I have never done a dynasty but have been kicking the tires a bit. Count me in, if you'll have me

Tentative sign-up list

1.) runner06

2.) Ghost of Bill Walsh (via footballguys)

3.) esau17 (via footballlguys)

4.) louie68 (via footballguys)

5.) Slobknocker

6.) Inhiding

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

Anyways, if this is something you might be interested in and would be willing to commit minimal time to, let me know. If we can 12 people total, then I'll set it up.

Since there don't seem to be PM capabilities on this forum, here is the message I PMd people on footballguys.com. Feel free to join now or you can wait until we make sure we have 12 to 14 owners before deciding whether or not to join. Also, if you rules/league settings look off, let me know.

Looks like we will be able to get 12-14 owners so I went ahead and set up the league on fleaflicker.com.

league password: kiper

league name: Gridiron Geeks League

Make sure when you uncheck "Show only public leagues I can join" when searching for the league. If you can't find the league or don't want to search for it, I can invite you to the league if you send me your email.

Since there don't seem to be PM capabilities on this forum, here is the message I PMd people on footballguys.com. Feel free to join now or you can wait until we make sure we have 12 to 14 owners before deciding whether or not to join. Also, if you rules/league settings look off, let me know.

Looks like we will be able to get 12-14 owners so I went ahead and set up the league on fleaflicker.com.

league password: kiper

league name: Gridiron Geeks League

Make sure when you uncheck "Show only public leagues I can join" when searching for the league. If you can't find the league or don't want to search for it, I can invite you to the league if you send me your email.

Joined, thanks for the info.

There are about 3 to 5 spots left (9 have joined). Once we get a few more we'll decide/vote on a few things:

1.) When the draft will start

2.) Whether we want to have a one sitting draft or a slow draft (if we have a slow draft we'd all have to decide what the penalty would be for picking a player that's already been picked.

3.) Whether we want the draft order predetermined (would allow people to trade picks if they want). We would need to find someone on footballguys.com not in the league to use random.org for us if we want to do this.

4.) Whether or not we want to have a flex position (the other 9 positions are for sure).

Also I changed the draft from "straight" to "snake" to be safe to make sure this draft snakes (it was showing it as straight before). All future rookie/free agent drafts will be straight style.

We're up to 12 so if everyone who is currently in league please vote either here or on footballguys.com on whether or not they prefer having a

We're up to 12 so if everyone who is currently in league please vote either here or on footballguys.com on whether or not they prefer having a 12 or 14 team league.