Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Announcing the 2009 IBL Team

After careful deliberation, and many tossed coins, we are excited to invite three new members to the IBL.

Returning members:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

Alternates:

KSB2424

jgcrawfish

New members will need to check in at the danzone, as well.

IBL 2009 at the danzone

Go here to register. You will need to use your screen name from FFToday to log in. If you want something modified, please let me know. Congratulations and welcome aboard, guys! I'm looking forward to working with you. We will have a ton of fun. But don't hesitate to get to the danzone promptly, as we want to get moving.

After careful deliberation, and many tossed coins, we are excited to invite three new members to the IBL.

Returning members:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

Alternates:

KSB2424

jgcrawfish

New members will need to check in at the danzone, as well.

IBL 2009 at the danzone

Go here to register. You will need to use your screen name from FFToday to log in. If you want something modified, please let me know. Congratulations and welcome aboard, guys! I'm looking forward to working with you. We will have a ton of fun. But don't hesitate to get to the danzone promptly, as we want to get moving.

I can't get in Dan??? :thumbsdown:

I can't get in Dan??? :thumbsdown:

You could, but you'd have certain other obligations to dismiss . . .

:unsure:

Goodluck to all of you! :thumbsdown:

And to you . . .

Returning members:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

what a fockin motley crew...these are our fantasy football experts??? hell, these d!psh!ts wouldn't know what to do if a cheerleader fell from the sky onto their face and started to wiggle. Is the freakin team name "The FFToday Shortbus" ???? Jeebus, we're fockin doomed!

just kidding guys. congrats to the newbies on the squad. best of luck to all the combatants!!! Dan, as an alternate, is it allowed for me to join you guys at danzone to see the strategery???

[Dusty Bottoms is posing as one of El Guapo's men, and El Guapo is struggling to remember who he is and what they've done together]

El Guapo: Oh-ho, you...

Dusty Bottoms: Jose!

[the bandidos cheer]

El Guapo: Together, we...

Dusty Bottoms: Burned the village!

El Guapo: Burned the village!

[the bandidos cheer]

El Guapo: And, uh...

Dusty Bottoms: [trilling the "r"] ... rrrrrrrrraped de horses!

[the bandidos cheer]

El Guapo: And we...

Dusty Bottoms: Rode off on de wimmin!

El Guapo: Rode off on de wimmin!

[the bandidos cheer, a bit more quietly]

El Guapo: And uh...

Dusty Bottoms: Plundered!

El Guapo: Plundered!

[the bandidos cheer]

El Guapo: And uh...

Dusty Bottoms: Pruned!

El Guapo: ...pruned the, uh...

Dusty Bottoms: Hedges!

El Guapo: ...hedges of...

Dusty Bottoms: Many small villages!

Dear Vikings4Ever,

You said in your email that if I sent you nekkid pictures of me in the shower that you would get me in the IBL. Can you please send my pictures back?

Sincerely,

KSB

Dear Vikings4Ever,

You said in your email that if I sent you nekkid pictures of me in the shower that you would get me in the IBL. Can you please send my pictures back?

Sincerely,

KSB

Damn you V4E for not sharing :banana:

Does first alternate mean if somebody get's hurt I get to play?

So who is the Nancy Kerrigan in this bunch? :grabscrowbar:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

So how many other leagues are you guys in anyway? I've been in leagues with 4 of you guys already and you're active in those. This one seems to take the most time and effort, so my question is...How do play them all?

I played 5 leagues 2 years ago and hated it. Couldn't even trash talk, b/c I spent all my time on the ww just trying to fill roster spots. I cut back to 3 last year and thought that was perfect. I'm just wondering how you all find time to commit to all your leagues?

Dear Vikings4Ever,

Sincerely,

KSB

Um, it must have gotten stuck in my spam filter.

Yeah, that's it... :banana:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

So how many other leagues are you guys in anyway? I've been in leagues with 4 of you guys already and you're active in those. This one seems to take the most time and effort, so my question is...How do play them all?

I played 5 leagues 2 years ago and hated it. Couldn't even trash talk, b/c I spent all my time on the ww just trying to fill roster spots. I cut back to 3 last year and thought that was perfect. I'm just wondering how you all find time to commit to all your leagues?

I do three leagues. A re-draft that doesn't occupy a lot of my attention, a dynasty that I've been in for 12 years, and the IBL. Occasionally, I'll do another; my attention is focused on the dynasty and the IBL . . . the re-draft is the last draft I do, and by then, it's pretty rhythmic. IBL definitely takes the most time to do.

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

Two leagues is all for me...unless you count the June Mock Draft League that we do. More than two just gets to be too much like you said.

Just a little history: during my tenure (all but the first year FFT was in the IBL), we've been 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd.

Let's bring the title back home. :thumbsdown:

Fumbleweed

adam smitty

RLLD

Moz

Vikings4Ever

Me_2006/8/9

Kilroy

Franknbeans

Dan

New members:

Cuse9

Little Big Head

WhiteWonder

I got my league with you , I am in singmans dynasty and his new 2 keeper , my local bar league ( I draft last weekend in august ) , IBL , and this year I am doing the WCOFF - thought I would try it once and see what it's like. How will I keep up with it -- well 3 of leagues have already drafted :thumbsdown: - the local league is more of a party than a draft anyway , WCOFF is a trip to Vegas with my old man.. IBL is my FF drafting outlet late July - on into august.

I have been in IBL since 2004 - I don't look at it as taking time - FF is my main hobby ( well that golf n poker ) - I look at it as enjoyment.

as for following - I root for all the players I have to do well and see where it shakes out online about at halftime of the 2nd game :thumbsdown:

Just a little history: during my tenure (all but the first year FFT was in the IBL), we've been 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd.

Let's bring the title back home. :thumbsdown:

we sure have finished 2nd a lot :thumbsdown:

Thanks guys! I am excited for this. Mostly for the competition and to bring the title home to FFToday but also to learn a format that will be sort of new to me (at least from a drafting standpoint).

To answer Jocs question - I used to play in several leagues and decided it was too much to stay on top of. I grew to dislike the fact that every game I watched I had to cheer for 2 players but 1 of those players would be on an opposing team in another league etc etc etc.... So I have trimmed the amount of leagues I am in which was the biggest factor for me in deciding i could finally throw my name in the hat for this. I know how involved it is.

also, registered and awaiting confirmation

I was in 5 last year (most I'd ever been in). Made it to the Championship game in 4 of them. Won the two big money leagues I'm in and finished second in the other two. The IBL is the one I didn't do so hot in, but I plan to change that this year.

Five was a bit many to keep track of though. I think I'm down to 4 this year, and still may drop another. I'll be in 3-4 this time around.

And congrats and welcome to all the new IBL members this year. :thumbsup:

Dan, as an alternate, is it allowed for me to join you guys at danzone to see the strategery???

we sure have finished 2nd a lot :rolleyes:

we dropped one easy title in week 17!!!! FFT is the alltime leader in this thing winning % wise, and the most feared overall. FBG's have won a few titles and the now defunked FSW might have bagged a few.

Name that IBL member that also was in a fftoday geek league. You're letting this chump play? He ain't dat good, and his freakin draft strategy was even worse than his record!

Uppity Negros 1-13-0

I'll be your huckleberry :banana:

:banana:

Name that IBL member that also was in a fftoday geek league. You're letting this chump play? He ain't dat good, and his freakin draft strategy was even worse than his record!

Uppity Negros 1-13-0

I'll be your huckleberry ;)

:banana:

His drafting is as good as his financial advice. :banana:

His drafting is as good as his financial advice. :banana:

po$$ibly, po$$ibly not :banana:

i received an e-mail for my created account but its telling me the admin has to activate me.

did i do something wrong?

i received an e-mail for my created account but its telling me the admin has to activate me.

did i do something wrong?

what's your ss#, DOB, and mother's maiden name? I'll check into it for you. This should not be a problem at all - I'm a banker and trusted ff today representative.

what's your ss#, DOB, and mother's maiden name? I'll check into it for you. This should not be a problem at all - I'm a banker and trusted ff today representative.

147 62 3857 march 18th 1984 gonzalez

wait a minute..... :thumbsdown:

wait a minute..... :thumbsdown:

I gotta believe you were kidding bout the SS# info you posted.... :thumbsdown: lol

But yea, you won't have access until the Administrator at TDZ approves the account you just created.

I gotta believe you were kidding bout the SS# info you posted.... :thumbsdown: lol

But yea, you won't have access until the Administrator at TDZ approves the account you just created.

I'm setting you up as you read this! :thumbsdown:

:dunno:

147 62 3857 march 18th 1984 gonzalez

:thumbsdown:

starting with a 1 HA - - I know I'm older than you and I start with a 4:)

forgive Kilroy, he's a little slow on these matters:)

:cheers:

starting with a 1 HA - - I know I'm older than you and I start with a 4:)

i actually do start with a 1

i actually do start with a 1

Damn, there goes my theory! Unless that many more people have been born after '72

:cheers:

Good Luck Gentlemen. :unsure:

I just wanted to contribute a few fantasy anecdotes to help you guys succeed this fantasy year.

1. When drafting a kicker, hairstyle means everything.

2. Treat your cheatsheet like a wedding cake. Lots of tiers.

3. When in doubt between two players, do not flip a coin, always go with the uglier guy. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time this method works every time.

4. Whatever Moz says. Do the opposite.

5. Homerism is the key to.............LOSING!@#!

6. Nevah Evah let RLLD trade for your team. He will take less than market value for a player. And prolly even pay the other teams closing costs.

7. theremaybemore

Good Luck Gentlemen. :wall:

I just wanted to contribute a few fantasy anecdotes to help you guys succeed this fantasy year.

1. When drafting a kicker, hairstyle means everything.

2. Treat your cheatsheet like a wedding cake. Lots of tiers.

3. When in doubt between two players, do not flip a coin, always go with the uglier guy. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time this method works every time.

4. Whatever Moz says. Do the opposite.

5. Homerism is the key to.............LOSING!@#!

6. Nevah Evah let RLLD trade for your team. He will take less than market value for a player. And prolly even pay the other teams closing costs.

7. theremaybemore

:wub:

Well played.

:thatsgood:

i wish the damn admin would give me access to the danzone. :rolleyes: