Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

June 8th Release Date

In case you didn't notice on the homepage :thumbsdown:

Oh my gosh the forum is ... alive! Woo! Welcome back Dan! :thumbsup:

Barring any drastic changes between now and Monday, we're looking at a similar setup with the early bird special as usual.

Cool, guys. Thanks for checking in! I can't wait to get this out so we can officially start the '09 pre-season.

Mike - eagerly awaiting the '09 Compiler. Any updates for Mac Office '08 users? Will the workarounds be necessary this year?

Mike - eagerly awaiting the '09 Compiler. Any updates for Mac Office '08 users? Will the workarounds be necessary this year?

Ouch. I was hoping we could at least go a few days before this question came up ;)

I'm sad to report, we really haven't made any progress for Mac Office '08. A lot of time has been spent researching different ideas, but essentially the Compiler and Buddy have to come out of Excel completely for us to fully service Windows and Mac users together. At that point it is going to become more or less a brand new product. The programming task is immense, and something I've been unable to accomplish due to time and money. Sorry.

You've still got old Excel for your Mac? :crosses-fingers:

Ouch. I was hoping we could at least go a few days before this question came up :pointstosky:

I'm sad to report, we really haven't made any progress for Mac Office '08. A lot of time has been spent researching different ideas, but essentially the Compiler and Buddy have to come out of Excel completely for us to fully service Windows and Mac users together. At that point it is going to become more or less a brand new product. The programming task is immense, and something I've been unable to accomplish due to time and money. Sorry.

You've still got old Excel for your Mac? :crosses-fingers:

Actually, I've recently converted to Mac, but do have the PC I used for last year's compiler...I just don't really use that computer any longer, but can & will if necessary (which it sounds like it is). I apologize I didn't read all of the info from last year regarding '08 Mac Office, was it just an issue some people were having and it was working for others? Or was it an issue for all Mac Office '08 users?

Thanks Mike!

Looking forward to it Mike! I've learned not to base my drafts 100% on the compiler over the years, but its a fantastic base from which to build my sheets. :dunno:

Actually, I've recently converted to Mac, but do have the PC I used for last year's compiler...I just don't really use that computer any longer, but can & will if necessary (which it sounds like it is). I apologize I didn't read all of the info from last year regarding '08 Mac Office, was it just an issue some people were having and it was working for others? Or was it an issue for all Mac Office '08 users?

Thanks Mike!

Hi C.E. It was an issue for everyone with Mac Office '08, unless they had another option. Microsoft took out Visual Basic from Mac Office '08, so none of the macros worked anymore, and they are very crucial to the Compiler and Buddy doing what they are supposed to do. We used to have the market cornered on fantasy football draft software for Mac users, which I was very proud of, but Microsoft messed us up bigtime thanks to their decision.

(just kidding)

I don't think you are kidding ;)

Looking forward to it Mike! I've learned not to base my drafts 100% on the compiler over the years, but its a fantastic base from which to build my sheets. ;)

Thanks! Glad to see you guys are so eager to get started :thumbsup:

Thanks! Glad to see you guys are so eager to get started ;)

well???

I don't see a "buy it" button on my browser...what's the hold up???

:thumbsup:

2009 CC/DB :music_guitarred:

There's a technical snafu with the IDP projections which are not currently available but otherwise we're off and running for 2009! Once the IDP numbers become available we'll post a note and you can download them directly into the CC/DB by clicking the "update" button in the program.

PHEW!!!! I was worried about the lack of IDP until I got here :thumbsup: ......I love me some IDP :thumbsup:

IDP will be in ASAP, but I'm not sure when that is expected to be right now. We'll post here when it is ready.

Hey Mike, I paid last night and now when I go to download it, I get a message that says I'm not authorized to do so. :thumbsup:

Hey Mike, I paid last night and now when I go to download it, I get a message that says I'm not authorized to do so. :thumbsup:

Mornin'. Did you shoot an email over to login@fftoday.com? Krueger usually monitors that email, but I'll go check it now.

Mornin'. Did you shoot an email over to login@fftoday.com? Krueger usually monitors that email, but I'll go check it now.

Doing it now. Thanks.

Doing it now. Thanks.

You should be all set now. Give it a go.

Hey Mike

Once again I am glad to have this tool....I am one of its biggest fans

After playing around and setting up my keeper league...I would like to see the highlight feature for more than one position at one time come back...I love to color coordinate my cheatsheets...I would actually like to see it expanded to up to 4 positions....this is of course in Draft Buddy

other than that it looks great as usual

Hi Dan. Thanks!

You can go back to having 3 colors to highlight positions on the cheatsheets in Buddy, but only if you choose the "Blank (Classic)" option to drop players off the cheatsheets. You can choose that option on the setup tab in Buddy. With grey out or cross out, the restriction is we can only highlight one position at a time.

Hi Dan. Thanks!

You can go back to having 3 colors to highlight positions on the cheatsheets in Buddy, but only if you choose the "Blank (Classic)" option to drop players off the cheatsheets. You can choose that option on the setup tab in Buddy. With grey out or cross out, the restriction is we can only highlight one position at a time.

Hey Mike...I saw that about 5 minutes after I posted...thanks for the response though

Hey Mike, you're not aware of any issues with "Check for Update", are you? Every time I click it, the program locks up. :thumbsdown:

Nope, works for me. What version of Excel are you using? At what point exactly does it lock up? It is supposed to download the info from this page:

http://www.fftoday.com/compiler/update09/lastupdate.htm

and then decide if the current projections, based on the last update date there on the setup tab in the Compiler, is earlier or later than the number on that webpage. Then it either prompts either to run the update or not.

Mike:

On behalf of my wife, children, and bank account, I would like to thank you again for providing such a helpful drafting tool. This will be my third year using the CC/DB. The first year was a little rough. I was not as trusting as to how things laid out in the CC. As a result, I did not do well in my leagues. However, last year I put more of an emphasis on staying true to player values with respect to the CC, and won championships in both my redrafts.

Thanks again for your help.

AOS

Hey, thanks AOS. Appreciate it, and great job last year. We're glad you stuck it out through a tough season 2 years ago.

Definitely there is a lot stuffed in the software to wrap a person's head around, which is why I suggest to people to stick to the basics and then tinker with more advanced stuff from there. It takes time to learn, but well worth it in the end, in my not so humble opinion.