Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

James Harrison did not learn from Vick

Yeah, I heard about this today also. Very sad. I hope his child comes out of it without many problems. But when will people learn that pitbulls are not calm animals.

at what point to we start looking at pit bulls as the weapons they are? I'm not saying anyone can't have one, but lets start having severe license's and reprecussions when people are injured by pit bulls...

A pit bull is made to fight, and protect, nothing else. To have one around a child is irresponsible to say the least.

jdon

Don't mess with Obama

:nono:

I also like how his "massage therapist" was there with the kid and that "the boy's mother does not live at the house". There has got to be more to this particular story. :nono:

At least it was Harrison's own kid. Many times it's some poor innocent child. Yes, Harrison's child is imnnocent, too, but at least the father has to live knowing that his own choice is why his kid is disfigured.

Maybe these asswholes who insist on owning these killing machines will wise up. :pointstosky:

WOW! I don't want to turn this into a thread about pitbulls as this is a fantasy football site, HOWEVER, there are a lot of people here that are uneducated about them. Pitbulls, like ANY OTHER BREED, are a product of who raises them. I've been around pitbulls my entire life, and have never once been threatened or felt in danger around any one of them. Why is that? Because the people I knew, including my parents and one of my brothers, who had one WEREN'T SCUMBAG gangstas who couldn't raise a focking goldfish from the county fair! This is the problem with people today. They take what the mainstream media covers (inner city azzholes), and what they do with perfectly legal things (i.e. guns, pitbulls, etc.) and figure that these things are bad or should be illegal. WRONG. Raising your kid to be a cack-sucker should be illegal and punishable with jail time.

If anyone here thinks Harrison knows how to treat an animal with his crazy-a$$, think whatever you want. Any rational people out there, don't believe the hype

Thank you :doublethumbsup:

WOW! I don't want to turn this into a thread about pitbulls as this is a fantasy football site, HOWEVER, there are a lot of people here that are uneducated about them. Pitbulls, like ANY OTHER BREED, are a product of who raises them. I've been around pitbulls my entire life, and have never once been threatened or felt in danger around any one of them. Why is that? Because the people I knew, including my parents and one of my brothers, who had one WEREN'T SCUMBAG gangstas who couldn't raise a focking goldfish from the county fair! This is the problem with people today. They take what the mainstream media covers (inner city azzholes), and what they do with perfectly legal things (i.e. guns, pitbulls, etc.) and figure that these things are bad or should be illegal. WRONG. Raising your kid to be a cack-sucker should be illegal and punishable with jail time.

If anyone here thinks Harrison knows how to treat an animal with his crazy-a$$, think whatever you want. Any rational people out there, don't believe the hype

Thank you :dunno:

Are you really implying that pitbulls are as safe as any other breed? It appears that you are proving the other side of the argument with your words.

If so, I hope that you lather up your yam-bag with bacon grease and let your pitbulls have at it, since they are such fun-loving animals.

Are you really implying that pitbulls are as safe as any other breed? It appears that you are proving the other side of the argument with your words.

If so, I hope that you lather up your yam-bag with bacon grease and let your pitbulls have at it, since they are such fun-loving animals.

I apologize if I've offended you with my language :dunno:

Anyway, I'm sure your one of those people who sees a story about some doosh who shot some other doosh and thinks, "man Obama should really ban guns in America. Those poor people are forced to shoot each other on a daily basis."

How am I proving the other side? Because I'm get passionate when I hear people say that pitbulls are killing machines? Obviously, because of the size of the pitbull, a chinchilla is less dangerous. Pitbulls are loyal, lovable animals who happen to be the target of people who breed fighting dogs because of they are built like brick-sh!t houses and have a strong bite. Don't blame the animal because some people are such fock ups

But I can't say I'm surprised by your response. Judging by your screenname, you're probably part of the reason Chris Dodd still has a job

Just sayin is all

I apologize if I've offended you with my language :pointstosky:

Anyway, I'm sure your one of those people who sees a story about some doosh who shot some other doosh and thinks, "man Obama should really ban guns in America. Those poor people are forced to shoot each other on a daily basis."

How am I proving the other side? Because I'm get passionate when I hear people say that pitbulls are killing machines? Obviously, because of the size of the pitbull, a chinchilla is less dangerous. Pitbulls are loyal, lovable animals who happen to be the target of people who breed fighting dogs because of they are built like brick-sh!t houses and have a strong bite. Don't blame the animal because some people are such fock ups

But I can't say I'm surprised by your response. Judging by your screenname, you're probably part of the reason Chris Dodd still has a job

Just sayin is all

So, a person with a history of owning a dog (or set of dogs) that have attacked humans and of a breed that is clearly been demonstrated as being less than civil to the human population does not offend you. Apparently, you have a serious problem. There are some pitbulls that might be perfect dogs.

However, they are bred to be unkind and to think that they have some sort of value as family dogs shows your true stupidity. Just sayin' is all, you focking redneck.

So, a person with a history of owning a dog (or set of dogs) that have attacked humans and of a breed that is clearly been demonstrated as being less than civil to the human population does not offend you. Apparently, you have a serious problem. There are some pitbulls that might be perfect dogs.

However, they are bred to be unkind and to think that they have some sort of value as family dogs shows your true stupidity. Just sayin' is all, you focking redneck.

Funny you call him a redneck, yet most of the stories you here come from city/urban people.

Pitbulls may not be the safest of dogs, but to think they themselves, in the same treatment as any other dogs, are THAT much more liable to attack people....is dumb.

Funny how you here about them when they are in the hands of athletes or stars. Have you yourself known people who have had "bad" pitbulls or pitbulls who attack people? If not then what is your point based on? Sure go to your stats. Are there stats on the most mistreated dog? Or the most "misused" or trained to attack dog? You treat and or put a German Sheppard in the same environment as a pitbull and they are the same dog. Just as much power to fock you up, but will be good dogs if raised right.

Why is it I hear about these dogs on the new, but yet out of the 5-10 pitbulls my friends/family/people I know own, not once have I heard of anything negative? I've been bit by a couple dogs in my life and neither was a pitbull.

Is a black Bear less likely to attack than a Grizzly? Or Vice versa? Maybe some stats will show some kind of sway. But in the end they are both bears and have most of the same instincts. If you invade their space both will attack.

You are the ignorant one on this subject. MOST pitbulls are bred to be KIND. The American pitbull is the #1 registered dog breed in the US. There are an estimated 5-6 million pitbulls in the US. Perhaps their owners think that they have some sort of value??

Pitbulls were bred to be a working dog, and bred to be an all-around family dog.

You are the ignorant one on this subject. MOST pitbulls are bred to be KIND. The American pitbull is the #1 registered dog breed in the US. There are an estimated 5-6 million pitbulls in the US. Perhaps their owners think that they have some sort of value??

Pitbulls were bred to be a working dog, and bred to be an all-around family dog.

* 23 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2008. Pit bull type dogs were responsible for 65% (15). Pit bulls make up approximately 2-9% of the U.S. dog population.

2008 Dogbite Statistics

That's right, out of the 23 dogbite fatalities last year, 15 were from pit bulls.

Some family dog. :unsure:

* 23 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2008. Pit bull type dogs were responsible for 65% (15). Pit bulls make up approximately 2-9% of the U.S. dog population.

2008 Dogbite Statistics

That's right, out of the 23 dogbite fatalities last year, 15 were from pit bulls.

Some family dog. :pointstosky:

If you get hit with a bat, you might break a couple of ribs. If you get hit with a lead pipe, the injury is going to be more serious. If you are attacked with an axe, you might just get killed. But you wouldn't be fool enough to blame the axe. The axe is useful, if used the correct way. But it is definitely the more dangerous of the three weapons listed, is it not?

The media pounces on stuff like this, and the mass populace takes it and determines that "pit bulls are born killers." Wrong. They have an aggressive nature that can be exploited, and used more effectively, which is why dog-fighters like them. But they are among the friendlier breeds, more quickly assimilating to a domestic situation than, say, the less dangerous German Shepherd.

My boss was a dog trainer, and he is my source here. He's seen pit bulls in bad situations, and he's seen pit bulls that are a bit ornery. And it's fair to say that if a pit bull has "bad training", they're very hard to domesticate. But they don't start that way.

If you get hit with a bat, you might break a couple of ribs. If you get hit with a lead pipe, the injury is going to be more serious. If you are attacked with an axe, you might just get killed. But you wouldn't be fool enough to blame the axe. The axe is useful, if used the correct way. But it is definitely the more dangerous of the three weapons listed, is it not?

The media pounces on stuff like this, and the mass populace takes it and determines that "pit bulls are born killers." Wrong. They have an aggressive nature that can be exploited, and used more effectively, which is why dog-fighters like them. But they are among the friendlier breeds, more quickly assimilating to a domestic situation than, say, the less dangerous German Shepherd.

My boss was a dog trainer, and he is my source here. He's seen pit bulls in bad situations, and he's seen pit bulls that are a bit ornery. And it's fair to say that if a pit bull has "bad training", they're very hard to domesticate. But they don't start that way.

You're highly underestimating the relevence of basic internal instinct. You coulod give someone a baby tiger cub and raise it with love and care and teach it all the right things, but eventually, nature takes over and there's a chance the tiger will revert to it's natural form and attack.

I guarantee you that not all of the 15 pitbulls who attacked and killed humans in 2008 were trained poorly. Some, perhaps many, but not all.

2008 Dogbite Statistics

Some family dog. :pointstosky:

So 15 bad dogs out of more than 5 million good dogs.

Have you seen what has happened to Vick's pit bulls??

You're highly underestimating the relevence of basic internal instinct. You could give someone a baby tiger cub and raise it with love and care and teach it all the right things, but eventually, nature takes over and there's a chance the tiger will revert to it's natural form and attack.

I guarantee you that not all of the 15 pitbulls who attacked and killed humans in 2008 were trained poorly. Some, perhaps many, but not all.

No, actually, I'm not. I am completely disagreeing with the assumed premise - and I believe yours is included in this - that the pit bull's basic internal instinct is as a killer. Comparing the pit bull to a tiger is a misnomor, and one that has been fed in parts by propoganda, as well as the actual characterizations of the animal that have been exploited.

I'm not sure the basis for your guarantee, except in a basic assumption that some animals are just going to be bad. I honestly don't know the answer - though I will ask my boss his opinion - but I find that weak, because by that argument, it logically follows that other breeds have "bad apples", as well.

Incidentally, I've never been bitten by a pit bull, though I confess my nature for a long time led me to be afraid of them. I've been around many, and never been more than licked. However, I've been bitten by cocker spaniels more times than I can share. I'm probably not alone in saying that I'm very glad that the cocker spaniel - according to dog experts one of the meanest breeds - doesn't have the tools of a pit bull.

WOW!! This one hits close to home so I felt the need to log in and reply...

Pit bulls can be trained and well kept, thus making them well-mannered, but no way in hell will I have one, even if it's the most well trained one in the world, around my toddler.... The problem is that they are simply toooooooo strong..... Same goes for Rottweilers.... They think they are playing but because of their ignorance about their own strength, they can really do some damage.... And as was mentioned before, you can train a tiger, but in the end, it is still a tiger.... These dogs may be well mannered, but in the end they are still big, muscle-bound dogs who can KILL..... I'm sure the dog in this situation thought he was playing with the kid, but then you look up and he has taken a chunk out of the kids leg....

I have a really good friend with two pit bulls that are nothing but 120 pounds each of PUUUUUUUURE muscle. Beautiful dogs, well trained - yes... Kid friendly - NOOOOOO..... And this same friend has new 1-year old little girl. I keep telling him he needs to get rid of these dogs before you look up and something like this happens:

<http://wcco.com/local/dog.kills.child.2.681057.html>

<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/03/national/main699664.shtml>

<http://tizona.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/5-year-old-boy-killed-by-pit-bull-in-texas/>

<http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12083520.aspx>

<http://wcco.com/local/zachary.king.jr.2.369622.html>

Again, the argument about whether or not these dogs CAN be trained is not the point.... YOU SIMPLY DO NOT PLACE YOUR CHILD IN HARMS WAY BY ALLOWING THEM TO BE AROUND ANIMALS LIKE THIS..... YOUR STUPID IF YOU DO....

Will someone kill this tread? I can't believe you guys are googling stats about fatalities from pitbulls and arguing if they make good family pets on a fantasy football site.. Who gives a sheit because they all sheit in the den! This is stupid as @&$)@!

Dan wins this thread.

whoever compared pit bulls to baby tigers loses... badly.

If James Harrison was making his kid fight a pit bull, that would be way worse than what Vick did, IMO.

This guy has been gold on the field the past two seasons, but in the last couple of weeks he's made me :shocking:

Starting with his presidential snub, for reasons that only make sense to him. I have no problem with somebody not wanting to meet a President, but at least have a rational, intelligent explanation for it.

Say what you will about pitbulls and their training, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I would never have a young child around one.

Actually, we saw what kind of an @sshole this douche was when he decided to beat the crap out of a punter in the SB. Classy guy.

Way to kick off your nice new contract assjockey. I hope his child will be ok.

Dan wins this thread.

Actually, you're right. Pit bull attacks accounted for 15 fatalites in 2008. Tigers didn't kill anyone.

Actually, you're right. Pit bull attacks accounted for 15 fatalites in 2008. Tigers didn't kill anyone.

:rolleyes:

The only problem with Pitbulls are the breeders breeding without care to the personality traits. If you get an American Staffordshire terrier you get a better bloodline.

So basically put....you guys have an arguement of the age old theory of Nature vs Nurture? Its been a topic of many debates since the 1800s...and I hate to say it but, assclowns on a fantasy football site have no chance of proving either side if some of the greatest minds with PHDs can't prove/disprove the theory. Give up, walk away.

PS - all pitbulls are evil! :rolleyes:

Anyone arguing that pitbulls are gentle, kind family dog is crazy.

The dog itself has a bit of an ornary/aggressive nature, moreso than alot of other breeds.

I'm sure that there are people who have good pitbulls, and any dog can be bad tempered/natured, but If you have the choice between

a lab, a pitbull with a family an a toddler, which dog would you pick? Easy answer.

Even those little ankle biters are a bit safer. Granted they could harm a toddler,but most likely, the damage would be less.

The breed doesn't even matter. If your family dog mangles your little kid you're a world class piece of sh!t. As the child's guardian and the dog's owner you're responsible for the prevention of things like this.

I hope they take the focking kid away from him and every time he makes a sack or cheapshots a punter the announcers remind the American public that Harrison is a negligent parent.

Pittsburgh Steelers= first class orginization

James Harrison=low-class,no-class, dumbazz football player that has money and no brains. He shoulda hired security guards instead of having a guard dog. They eat less and won't attack your child unless they've used steroids too long.

Pitbulls- let's see . My stepdaughter had 2 of them and didn't train them to attack yet they got loose and nearly killed my 5 yr.old beagle. Cost me $7,000 in vet bills, yet my stepdaughter never even offered to pay any of it. I had them both taken away by the SPCA , put down and didn't give a shiot what my stepdaughter thought. I told my wife, what would have happened had your 3 yr.old grandson been in the yard when the dogs got loose? I was totally against my stepdaughter moving back home with those 2 pitbulls but Mommy had to let her little crying whiny arse bring them here anyway and they attacked inspite of NOT being trained TO attack.

Everyone's entitled their their own opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I love animals but you couldn't pay me to have a naturally aggressive dog like a pit bull. I think they're the worst breed of dog on the planet.

Back to football somewhat. Maybe teams in the future will ask rookies they might draft whether they own any pitbulls or would they ever own a pitbull. I didn't want to reply to this thread since this is a football site but felt I wanted to put my $.02 in. Maybe this thread will die before someone else does from a pitbull attack.

pitbulls arent the problem jackass its the owners that mistreat them to promote violence

Isn't that an indictment of Harrison? People can defend the breed by saying that the dogs are only violent if they are trained that way or if they are mistreated. Given the number of this breed, that indicates that they are more likely to be used by those who have no training or bad intent.

In this situation, I think that people are questioning the motives of the football player for having the dog (or how he has trained that dog) vs. the dog itself.

Pittsburgh Steelers= first class orginization

James Harrison=low-class,no-class, dumbazz football player that has money and no brains. He shoulda hired security guards instead of having a guard dog. They eat less and won't attack your child unless they've used steroids too long.

Pitbulls- let's see . My stepdaughter had 2 of them and didn't train them to attack yet they got loose and nearly killed my 5 yr.old beagle. Cost me $7,000 in vet bills, yet my stepdaughter never even offered to pay any of it. I had them both taken away by the SPCA , put down and didn't give a shiot what my stepdaughter thought. I told my wife, what would have happened had your 3 yr.old grandson been in the yard when the dogs got loose? I was totally against my stepdaughter moving back home with those 2 pitbulls but Mommy had to let her little crying whiny arse bring them here anyway and they attacked inspite of NOT being trained TO attack.

Everyone's entitled their their own opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I love animals but you couldn't pay me to have a naturally aggressive dog like a pit bull. I think they're the worst breed of dog on the planet.

Back to football somewhat. Maybe teams in the future will ask rookies they might draft whether they own any pitbulls or would they ever own a pitbull. I didn't want to reply to this thread since this is a football site but felt I wanted to put my $.02 in. Maybe this thread will die before someone else does from a pitbull attack.

Well said. This is what people fail to include in the argument. All dogs are capable of snapping at any moment, but only a few breeds are capable of dismembering a child when it happens.

pitbulls arent the problem jackass its the owners that mistreat them to promote violence

About six years ago, my poodle got mad and started barking and snapping at my nephew. You know what I did? I grabbed the poodle and pinned it to the ground, holding it's mouth shut and put my face in his face and yelled , "No!..Bad!". You know what he did? He whimpered away and and sat in the other room.

Now, let's replay that entire scenerio with a pit bull. How do you think that ends up for my nephew and me?

Dan wins this thread.

:wub:

About six years ago, my poodle got mad and started barking and snapping at my nephew. You know what I did? I grabbed the poodle and pinned it to the ground, holding it's mouth shut and put my face in his face and yelled , "No!..Bad!". You know what he did? He whimpered away and and sat in the other room.

Now, let's replay that entire scenerio with a pit bull. How do you think that ends up for my nephew and me?

Your nephew gets his arm and left side of his skull mangled and you have to shoot and kill the dog.

How does this scenario happen anyway: You have small children and decide to get a pet. :lightbulb: Let's get a pit bull!@#! :wub: