Sign in to follow this  
robb

10th, 11th & 12th Round Comments

I think definitely we end at 12. The momentum for this draft kind of crashed a bit with Jet's news...if we end at 12, we can each do some analysis and call it good without it going further than some feel it should given the circumstances.

change my vote- concur- end it with the 12th round

i've never handcuffed a WR before. feels a bit weird. but i have no confidence in coles or any of the young'ns and chris henry has been getting a lot of love from carson palmer. just in case he actually decided to keep his head on straight this year and really does keep 85's job, i have to cover my butt.

ETA: sorry ace.

The Henry pick for you here holds nothing but upside, in my opinion. It was what I felt you might do. There are 2 players I would have strongly considered on this corner if we were going the extra 2 rounds.

Jet made his own 10th round pick but posted he'd be ok with us picking for him too to keep things going.

With 2 picks left he has pt no pot TE. I'd go with Shockey or Scheff... Thoughts?

ETA: Or Z.Miller :music_guitarred:

wow, has cassel really not been drafted this whole time? i have to admit, i just assumed he must have gone already in about the 8th round. no confidence in the wonder kid? or did everyone else forget him like me?

wow, has cassel really not been drafted this whole time? i have to admit, i just assumed he must have gone already in about the 8th round. no confidence in the wonder kid? or did everyone else forget him like me?

I got Hass as my #2 QB, who I like better than Cassell... but no I don't think he'll be close to last season. He went from Moss/Welker/Gaffney/Faulk in the passing game with a very good O-line... to Bowe/?/?.... and a terrible O-line

I wasn't interested in him at all. He lost his TE, and he is going to have to learn and start in his second sytem since High School, on a below average team. it was easy to forget. The team was better off with Thigpen. Had the new coach even considered the possibility, he'd still have Gonzo, who was lobbying for him. Thigpen and Cassell seemed like carbon copies of each other last year, and Cassell was on the better team, with better receivers, outside of the TE. Admittingly over the top, but cassell's ADP is much too high.

I got Hass as my #2 QB, who I like better than Cassell... but no I don't think he'll be close to last season. He went from Moss/Welker/Gaffney/Faulk in the passing game with a very good O-line... to Bowe/?/?.... and a terrible O-line

Why didn't I just say that?? :thumbsup:

Agreed on Cassel....I wouldn't have picked him until now.

The one thing he has going for him will be the sheer # of attempts he will likely have this season. Tons of attempts doesn't translate into NFL wins very often, but it can translate into fantasy points.

I'll take him here. I've got Brees anyway, so Cassel won't be counted on too much were this a real team.

funny you bring up hass. i figured those two would go at about the same spot in the draft.

hass has a bad OL, no run game, and housh/?/?.... ok so the other targets are a little better i suppose, but they still havent been drafted yet.

ETA - people forget thigpen was a pretty startable fantasy qb last year too. didnt finish in the top 10, but might have if he played all season. course he lost gonzo.

funny you bring up hass. i figured those two would go at about the same spot in the draft.

hass has a bad OL, no run game, and housh/?/?.... ok so the other targets are a little better i suppose, but they still havent been drafted yet.

ETA - people forget thigpen was a pretty startable fantasy qb last year too. didnt finish in the top 10, but might have if he played all season. course he lost gonzo.

A few things:

Hass is an established NFL QB. Cassell has had one good season in a great system surrounded by talent.

Housh/Burleson/Carlson have all been drafted. Including the WR3 that hasn't been drafted and Hass has a MUCH better receiving corp.

I'll give you that the O-lines + running games are on par with each other but that's why we're talking about backup fantasy QBs.

But that said I think that's enough take Hass a few rounds earlier than Cassell

forgot about burleson. wow, thats crazy early for him. missed that. didnt know carlson was gone already and was too lazy to look.

anyway i actually think hass is a nice sleeper this year and wont be drafting cassel, so im not really sure why im debating. i just was surprised to see him go so late. struck me as "whoa, value" when i saw it.

on a more debating note, why IS it that we dont seem to put the same stock into a QB as we do their WRs?

example:

jay cutler is being drafted as a starter in the 7th and 8th rounds this year. but who is he going to throw the ball to? yes, greg olsen and devin hester did get drafted, but lets be honest here, come on. cutler is going to be a top QB with those guys?

meanwhile the guy who is cutler's replacement still sits there in the 11th round. and no, he hasnt been a fantasy star before. but he hasnt had brandon marshall and eddie royal before (and knowshon for that matter). how do we expect all of those guys to be good picks -- marshall and royal in the first five rounds in every draft -- but the qb is not even worth a pick?

theres probably other examples, but personally i would rather pass on cutler's arm and draft the guy throwing to his old much better targets. oh, another one is trent edwards who has pretty strong targets but gets no love at all. i dont know how it can go both ways. either evans and TO are busts this year or else edwards has to be at least moderately valuable.

11.08 - Vernon Davis, TE, SF

With Dallas Clark as my starter I didn't want a steady/consistent average scoring TE as a backup (and there are a few of those types left), I wanted potential/up-side. To this point Davis has been a disappointment, but he's still young, has a new O coordinater in Raye and all the pre-season talk is that Davis will be utilized like Raye used Gonzo in KC. He's primed for a career year. I'm projecting 575/5 which should get him in the top 12 TEs.

Posting my picks to keep this moving along in the morning.

Chad Pennington

Marc Bulger

Joe Flacco

Brady Quinn

Jason Campbell

Tony Scheffler

Jeremy Shockey

Heath Miller

Kevin Boss

Visanthe Shiancoe

:thumbsup:

Sorry Patriotsfatboy1, I just wanted to keep the correct order in the selection string.

Bennett-getting a possible #1 wideout in the 11th round is a great value here, IMO.

While it's not a certainty, he has as good a chance as Hester does and he has his old college quarterback to throw him the ball. He needs to get the NFL system, but if he does, he could be a very good receiver to have as my #5.

Sorry Patriotsfatboy1, I just wanted to keep the correct order in the selection string.

Bennett-getting a possible #1 wideout in the 11th round is a great value here, IMO.

While it's not a certainty, he has as good a chance as Hester does and he has his old college quarterback to throw him the ball. He needs to get the NFL system, but if he does, he could be a very good receiver to have as my #5.

Actually, thanks for doing that. I would have caught it eventually, but it might have been after the second cup.

I like the pick. If I didn't already have Hester I probably would have take him too. My only question is by taking a WR#5 you either won't have a backup TE or backup QB (if I tracked your picks correctly). And I can't imagine you'd do that if this were a real draft.

I like the pick. If I didn't already have Hester I probably would have take him too. My only question is by taking a WR#5 you either won't have a backup TE or backup QB (if I tracked your picks correctly). And I can't imagine you'd do that if this were a real draft.

Yes. in a real draft I would most definitely take my back up TW in round 13 or later....no problem in doing that!! It's a back up, and still plenty of value available at back up TE out there!

Yes. in a real draft I would most definitely take my back up TW in round 13 or later....no problem in doing that!! It's a back up, and still plenty of value available at back up TE out there!

Understood. I guess it's just a difference of how we're approaching this Mock. I looked at it as we have 12 rounds to field a real team. A team that's filled out to start the season. But I understand others are taking the best 12, with the assumption that if it were a real draft there would be more rounds.

Somebody needs to call Falco's houseboat and get him up!

love the bennett pick. one of my favorite sleepers. love the potential vandy connection. i think he could have a good season, but with 0 receptions in his career so far, not sure what his upside really can be.

love the bennett pick. one of my favorite sleepers. love the potential vandy connection. i think he could have a good season, but with 0 receptions in his career so far, not sure what his upside really can be.

All up from there. He will be on many of my squads this year. I had Forte, and Olsen and feared the monopoly. It was a nice pick!

Looks like we need to have ShaneFalco redo his 11th round pick considering that he took Maclin, who already was taken at 10.06 by Fantasy King.

V4E - hold off on your pick until that is done.

Looks like we need to have ShaneFalco redo his 11th round pick considering that he took Maclin, who already was taken at 10.06 by Fantasy King.

V4E - hold off on your pick until that is done.

My bad, its hard to know who's been taken unless you go through all of the selection threads. Maybe I should work on a "Players Taken By Position" thread.

In case I go otc and am not around for my 12.05 pick here's my wish list:

Kevin Curtis

Justin Gage

Muhsin Muhammad

c'mon people, how hard is it to just check in a couple times a day and get this thing over with? we almost finished BEFORE the weekend. should we just skip to the final analysis?