Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Draft Commentary**

This is like a blast from the past. This 9 back run caught me off guard somewhat. I don't mind Jacobs, but felt he would have made it back to Paul in the second.

I am not feeling Jacobs in the first round. I think there are at least three if not four or five other players that I would grab before him. :shocking:

I considered, Johnson and Fitz at 1.07. I almost went the WR route. 1.10 for fitz is best case this year I feel, and Dan should be in good shape around the corner.

I know a few people will think Jacobs went a little early. As I watched eveery one of the RBs I wanted go directly before my pick, I think BJ is the safest pick right here. I can't argue with his production either. As always with Jacons the injuries and the multiple back offense can keep his numbers lower than they could be, but with Ward gone I see no other back getting goal line touches.

Plus I loves me some big backs.

I didn't like Jacobs that early either. Word out of camp is that he will be getting more touches than last season but I liked a few other RBs a little bit better.

I considered, Johnson and Fitz at 1.07. I almost went the WR route. 1.10 for fitz is best case this year I feel, and Dan should be in good shape around the corner.

:thumbsdown: Which is the biggest reason that I went with a receiver. I'm rarely in position to do such a thing . . . I definitely wanted to give it a shot this year.

:thumbsdown: Which is the biggest reason that I went with a receiver. I'm rarely in position to do such a thing . . . I definitely wanted to give it a shot this year.

I see you with some real nice options.

I know a few people will think Jacobs went a little early. As I watched eveery one of the RBs I wanted go directly before my pick, I think BJ is the safest pick right here. I can't argue with his production either. As always with Jacons the injuries and the multiple back offense can keep his numbers lower than they could be, but with Ward gone I see no other back getting goal line touches.

Plus I loves me some big backs.

Are you flirting with me? :thumbsdown:

Fumbles thinking awfully hard on this one. I can hear the wheels all the way here in the Panhandle!

Actually, I work summer school in the mornings...so I had to sneak away for a moment to make this pick. I'll have it shortly.

I am totally available all day all the time, though, from 11:15 am on...

I am totally available all day all the time, though, from 11:15 am on...

Ok, now this sounds like flirting Ray Ray

Ok, now this sounds like flirting Ray Ray

Exactly!

I am pretty pleased that DeAngelo fell this far. I like him in this spot and like my prospects for the 2.02 pick with Jacobs having gone a bit earlier than I thought he would go.

I am pretty pleased that DeAngelo fell this far. I like him in this spot and like my prospects for the 2.02 pick with Jacobs having gone a bit earlier than I thought he would go.

Another best case scenario pick. I figured DeWill would have fallen at around #9.

I texted Clash.

:thumbsdown:

Another best case scenario pick. I figured DeWill would have fallen at around #9.

That was the choice I had. I may be wrong, but I would take Jacobs over Deangello every time in the same situation this year.

That was the choice I had. I may be wrong, but I would take Jacobs over Deangello every time in the same situation this year.

I'm not on the DWill train this season. He had a great season last year but he does still share the backfield with another talented RB, who will probably get more touches this year. I just think DWill is going to come back to earth and is more of a 2nd round value. I also think Jacobs is 2nd round material this season due to I expect him to miss 2-3 games with his running style and supposed heavier workload.

I'm not on the DWill train this season. He had a great season last year but he does still share the backfield with another talented RB, who will probably get more touches this year. I just think DWill is going to come back to earth and is more of a 2nd round value. I also think Jacobs is 2nd round material this season due to I expect him to miss 2-3 games with his running style and supposed heavier workload.

*&^%#$% can't even be healthy for the preseason, and is no concern to the real stud on that squad. DeWill

Perhaps, but if I am the HC I grind DW into the ground and run him like crazy. By the time he is up for FA, he will be so used that I would then care little about him moving on. Further, my young RB still gets his carries, but takes much less abuse and perhaps stays around a bit longer as a result,.....

Just sayin.... :thumbsup:

We Tigers ahs been around all morning if we need somebody to pick for Clash. I texted him when he came on the clock, but have seen him on this AM at all.