Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

**Round Five/Round Six Draft Commentary**

I focking hate that mother focker Reggie Bush, but I can't not take him. Hopefully he'll put up some nice games before he tears his vagina.

between 2 guys here. im gonna take the one who is really rhe unquestioned starter. Reports from chiefs camp have been good, LJ is being quiet and supposedly buying into the offense.

he averaged 4.5 last year 800+ yards and 5 td's in 12 games. Im just gonna pray he can go for 1,000 and 10

I was impressed with DeeeeeSeans rookie season and him being the #1 WR this year I believe his #'s will explode.

I was impressed with DeeeeeSeans rookie season and him being the #1 WR this year I believe his #'s will explode.

Agreed. That was another really good pick. I really like your draft thus far, ted....

Agreed. That was another really good pick. I really like your draft thus far, ted....

Valordated! :ninja:

I think Hines was a big reach. I like him, I don't know if he would have made it to your next pick, and I would have taken him at my next turn, but there are a few WRs I would have taken over him, especially in this format.

Edwards was an interesting question mark for me. I really felt like JScott was going to go elsewhere's for his #2Wr, and I feel it would have been safer. Braylon was the guy I was going to fall back on if Housh and welker were gone. Braylon could easily reward JScott with round 2 #'s here in the 4th. How does it go for him when 2 Qb's are still fighting for a job, and your TE that had some talent is gone?

1.04- RB Matt Forte, Chi.

2.09- WR Steve Smith, Car.

3.04- QB Peyton Manning, Ind

4.09- WR Braylon Edwards, CLE

This looks pretty damn good!

5.04- RB Marshawn Lynch, BUF

.... looks even better.... I'm loving my team so far.... Lynch was the other player I considered at 4.09 so to also get him at my next pick gave me a chubby

Edwards and Lynch were 1st/2nd rounders last season, so to get them both this late was great value. If either of them gets back to what was expected last season, that's potentially four 1st/2nd round performances on my roster. If they both do, then forget about it. :ninja:

I think Hines was a big reach. I like him, I don't know if he would have made it to your next pick, and I would have taken him at my next turn, but there are a few WRs I would have taken over him, especially in this format.

As far as WR's go, Ward was the safest bet on the board to get 80/1000/8. Since I had not yet selected a WR, I just felt that I needed to be conservative with this selection. As I round-out my WR corp, I assure you that you will see far more "upside" guys. In my estimation there was just too much risk with all of the other WR options when I made my selection.

ICEMAN

I have to run out for a little while; shouldn't be more than 45 minutes or so. If it gets to me, give me *****. No, seriously, text or call . . . 207-838-7289.

:ninja:

5.04- RB Marshawn Lynch, BUF

.... looks even better.... I'm loving my team so far.... Lynch was the other player I considered at 4.09 so to also get him at my next pick gave me a chubby

Edwards and Lynch were 1st/2nd rounders last season, so to get them both this late was great value. If either of them gets back to what was expected last season, that's potentially four 1st/2nd round performances on my roster. If they both do, then forget about it. :ninja:

lynch was one of 3 backs i considered at 5.02 i decided that a 3 game suspension was something i didn't want to mess around with in my 2nd RB.

lynch was one of 3 backs i considered at 5.02 i decided that a 3 game suspension was something i didn't want to mess around with in my 2nd RB.

Couple things that weighed into my decision....

1.) Last season when S.Smith and B.Marshall came back after their suspensions they were extremely motivated. I expect the same from Lynch. That extra effort should make up for a game or game-and-a-half of stats.

2.) There's always the possibility (unless I missed it in the news) that his appeal might shorten the suspension ala Marshall last season.

I took him at 5.03 in the Jetdoc, and I'm taking him here at 5.07. I couldn't take the chance that he wouldn't find his way back to me at 6.06. He is my #4 QB, and the additions at Wr won't hurt a all. It also won't hurt if he has to throw a bit more waiting for westbrook to be back at full strtength. Throwing is what they do. Add in the 200 yards he'll likely run, and the additional few TD's on the ground, and this is my QB target this year. I see around 3,900 combined and 25 Td's. Add this offense to the other 4 I currrently have invested in and I am quite pleased. (PHI, IND, SD, GB, NEP)

I am rather please to add Ant'ny Gonzo to my team, love catching him falling to this spot.

With a team that reads like this, one simply must smile

RB Chris Johnson

RB Kevin Smith

WR Andre Johnson

WR Santonio Holmes

WR Anthony Gonzales

:thumbsup:

I am rather please to add Ant'ny Gonzo to my team, love catching him falling to this spot.

With a team that reads like this, one simply must smile

RB Chris Johnson

RB Kevin Jones

WR Andre Johnson

WR Santonio Holmes

WR Anthony Gonzales

:thumbsup:

When are you gonna accept the fact that Kevin Jones sucks!!!!? Luckily you have Kevin Smith and he isn't as bad!

When are you gonna accept the fact that Kevin Jones sucks!!!!? Luckily you have Kevin Smith and he isn't as bad!

:first:

I FIXED IT...... :bench:

In a draft for a league where I had to pick my starting lineup, I couldn't have drafted McNabb for my #1 QB, but until RC grabbed him, I thought I'd take him for this scoring format. I'm very pleased with Warner though.

Also, I think I may be the only person in this draft that likes me team so far. Hopefully, that's a good omen. :first:

Warner

Jacobs

Westbrook

Owens

Williams

How can that not look good?

:bench:

In a draft for a league where I had to pick my starting lineup, I couldn't have drafted McNabb for my #1 QB, but until RC grabbed him, I thought I'd take him for this scoring format. I'm very pleased with Warner though.

Also, I think I may be the only person in this draft that likes me team so far. Hopefully, that's a good omen. :first:

Warner

Jacobs

Westbrook

Owens

Williams

I don't think it looks bad. It simply looks risky.

Warner

Jacobs

Westbrook

Owens

Williams

Warner is #6 0n my list not far from McNabb with Rivers between them. If Warner repeats this season, I am wrong. If he stumbles like many Super Bowl teams do, even just a little, (I hope not cuz he's my college HOMEBOY) then I made the right choice. He is less mobile and he lost his protection, and they haven't signed his other stud receiver.

Warner is #6 0n my list not far from McNabb with Rivers between them. If Warner repeats this season, I am wrong. If he stumbles like many Super Bowl teams do, even just a little, (I hope not cuz he's my college HOMEBOY) then I made the right choice. He is less mobile and he lost his protection, and they haven't signed his other stud receiver.

I had McNabb rated higher than Warner this year, but with me having drafted Westbrook, I couldn't afford to take McNabb in a league with regular scoring (too many eggs in one basket words). McNabb has more targets than he's ever had before and I love his O line.

I don't think it looks bad. It simply looks risky.

Agreed. Some risk is okay, but you need to balance risk across the team. If you go for a high risk RB, you need to bolster RB later, emphasizing steady production over potential etc.....

Getting Warner for instance, should be then followed with getting someone like %$#^, unspectacular, but reliable.

JMHO

I need to go to a training for about two hours...who can I send a list to?

I need to go to a training for about two hours...who can I send a list to?

I'm checking in about every 15 min or so...

gratefultedc@hotmail.com

fire when ready Fumble as I am heading back to work

Will do.

nice shaub pick dan. a little earlier than i thought he would go. I figured i could grab him on my next turn.

nice shaub pick dan. a little earlier than i thought he would go. I figured i could grab him on my next turn.

I could have let him go to round 6, but found myself in the position that he was the player that I didn't want to miss. The others that I'm looking at have depth at their positions. Waiting long wasn't an option, because I don't see him making it back to 7.10.

I defibrillated Clash!!

<_<

I was a hair away from taking McFadden myself, opted to go in a different direction for reasons that will become more clear. i think the guy is decent value at this location in the draft. <_<

Agreed. Some risk is okay, but you need to balance risk across the team. If you go for a high risk RB, you need to bolster RB later, emphasizing steady production over potential etc.....

Getting Warner for instance, should be then followed with getting someone like %$#^, unspectacular, but reliable.

JMHO

WellBrother, you're really gonna not like my next pick then.

<_<

I could have let him go to round 6, but found myself in the position that he was the player that I didn't want to miss. The others that I'm looking at have depth at their positions. Waiting long wasn't an option, because I don't see him making it back to 7.10.

I might not have grabbed the QB people wanted but i think I touched off the secondary run. That is why I grabbed McNabb. I knew I could get a fine player at any other spot, but I wanted him. Know the feeling well!

I think it was early for Schaub. I have at least 3 other QBs on the same tier as him, so IMO you could have waited out the turn and taken the best available QB at 6.02. And Schaub probably would have been there anyways <_<

I think it was early for Schaub. I have at least 3 other QBs on the same tier as him, so IMO you could have waited out the turn and taken the best available QB at 6.02. And Schaub probably would have been there anyways <_<

Again . . . I'm fairly sure that I could have gotten Schaub at 6.3, but there was no reason to risk it. I doubt he falls to 7.10. I think he's better than you're painting, and is going to have a remarkable year. I know the other 3 QBs that you're likely tiering, but I wouldn't have been as satisfied with them. If I miss out on someone Clash or Fumble takes, I'll let you know. :nono:

Romo . . . and Wells. I can say without compunction that I had no interest in either. <_<

Romo . . . and Wells. I can say without compunction that I had no interest in either. :dunno:

Can you say it with gusto whilst rubbing my feet? :thumbsdown:

or while picking???? :dunno: ....and...uh.....ru...rubbing his feet?

If that's an invitation..... :thumbsdown: