Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

**Round Five/Round Six Draft Commentary**

WellBrother, you're really gonna not like my next pick then.

:thumbsdown:

The suspense is killing me!

Again . . . I'm fairly sure that I could have gotten Schaub at 6.3, but there was no reason to risk it. I doubt he falls to 7.10. I think he's better than you're painting, and is going to have a remarkable year. I know the other 3 QBs that you're likely tiering, but I wouldn't have been as satisfied with them. If I miss out on someone Clash or Fumble takes, I'll let you know. :thumbsdown:

And that's what it comes down to, you have him valued higher than I do, and did you miss out on any player around the turn (sounds like no, so no harm no foul, nothing lost).

The suspense is killing me!

Stephen Davis......

or while picking???? :thumbsup: ....and...uh.....ru...rubbing his feet?

Sorry. I missed a pick, and thought Fumble still needed to select. <_<

I've selected now . . . as you were.

:thumbsup:

So, what's the protocal here. Now Dan is gone and his pick is invalid.

<_<

He's posted his email and text numbers here. I see no reason to skip him. He should be contacted.

That's my newbiesque opinion anyway. :thumbsup:

You will learn that Dan is always everywhere. <_< He is just feeling a little :thumbsup: right now!

:wub:

Give me a minute.

:thumbsup:

Sorry that took so long. I had 1 back, 1 receiver, and olsen that I wanted here. Olsen is my #4-5 TE (changes daily with Clark), and I feel he benefits immensely with Cutler at QB. I got him at 7.02 in the Jetdoc, and he is my TE this year. I just don't think I could guarantee myself that I could have gotten him at 7.07. I do however see a Wr I can get there for sure. (I hope) The back is what I struggled the most with, and I'm sure he leaves the building soon.

Sorry that took so long. I had 1 back, 1 receiver, and olsen that I wanted here. Olsen is my #4-5 TE (changes daily with Clark), and I feel he benefits immensely with Cutler at QB. I got him at 7.02 in the Jetdoc, and he is my TE this year. I just don't think I could guarantee myself that I could have gotten him at 7.07. I do however see a Wr I can get there for sure. (I hope) The back is what I struggled the most with, and I'm sure he leaves the building soon.

I would have hard pressed to pass on him. I seriously doubt he would have made it back to you.

I would have hard pressed to pass on him. I seriously doubt he would have made it back to you.

Depending on who else would have been available he probably wouldn't have made it pass me.

Why does it always seem like right before a person is 'on deck' they leave? :banana:

:thumbsdown:

This mock is going well, as well as I can ever recall one going....

Why does it always seem like right before a person is 'on deck' they leave? :wacko:

This is nothing, you should have seen the JetDoc.... we literally would have 10-11 guys online and the guy otc was almost always one of the two not online... it was like a rolling blackout

I'm rolling to the house in 15 minutes. Fumble, you gonna be around if I email you my two man list?

I'm rolling to the house in 15 minutes. Fumble, you gonna be around if I email you my two man list?

Yes, I'm back now...fire away.

I am very, very happy with the McFadden/Wells combo on the corner there. Would have liked to get a QB, but I just felt that solid RBs with a great deal of upside were being left out there for the taking. As much as I love a great QB, I can't pass on quality RBs who are dropping too far.

It could be argued that McFadden and Wells have proved very little at the professional level yet, but I just need one of them to step up. Again, the likelihood of 300+ carries this year is there for both of them and I'll take that this late in a draft.

I'll take Willie Parker late in the 6th round. Looked good in the playoffs last year and this is a contract year for him. :wacko:

I'll take Willie Parker late in the 6th round. Looked good in the playoffs last year and this is a contract year for him. :wacko:

Agreed. B)

Good pick of Parker, I was eyeing him for this pick... just need a minute...

Good pick of Parker, I was eyeing him for this pick... just need a minute...

You will like Benson better than Parker. I almsot grabbed benson instead of the TE. It was a tough decision, because Benson is gonna get 300 touches this year. He also gets the goaline stuff though that can be few and far between in cincy.

I think that string of RB's was nice value where taken, with Parker being perhaps the best one. I think Benson is going to be huge this year, and I think Jamal will be decent for at least half of the season.

Damn, Jamal was the last of this tier of RB's I wanted, he still has 4-5 good games in him still, I hope.

6.09 - RB Cedric Benson, CIN

Probably the last starting RB with no real threat of RBBC out there. Benson obviously has the talent and reminded everyone of that at the end of last season. I think he can put it together in CIN. The question is can the Bungles stay of of having to throw the ball all game long to catch up.

There were a few other positions I was considering but I think RB is dwindling faster than the others, so Benson was the choice.

Damn, Jamal was the last of this tier of RB's I wanted, he still has 4-5 good games in him still, I hope.

There's one out there still that I'd put ahead of Benson and Lewis.

Man, you guys move fast. I go away to check on some US Open golf stuff (I love the US Open) and I come back and we're in Round Seven.... :D

This is the most picks we've made in a day in the June Mock....EVER.

Leave him be!! :D

WW got him.

White was a lower RB2, great RB3 last year. I don't see it being any different this year.

WW got him.

White was a lower RB2, great RB3 last year. I don't see it being any different this year.

I thought that he was who you meant, the guy scares me because of his weight, I keep thinking he's going to injure himself somehow.

yeah i went white in this round because he has supposedly lost about 20 pounds this offseason, but the bigger reason.... this is a contract year for White (unless i misread that somewhere) and as lazy as he is, nothing motivates a lazy athlete like the green.

i see double digit scores and likely 800+ yards.