Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

**Round Seven/Round Eight Draft Commentary**

I gotta tell you....that was the best use of the corner I've seen in a long time.

I have Berrian and Royal MUCH higher in my rankings than where they went in this draft. I think Berrian could easily be a top ten WR in a non-PPR format like this and I gave strong consideration to picking him a round ago. Likewise with Royal. If Marshall were to leave Denver, this would be a steal.

I don't normally make calls about teams this early, but your team (Vikes) is amazing.

Geez, guys....slow down. I can't even keep the threads updated.

3 WRs I had VERY close together, went with Royal, and then the homer choice.

I feel Cutler made Royal. I don't hink #$%^& can make the throws. The windows were narrow, and you had to be quick. I thought Evans was the story here. I like him to produce equal to owens, and likely out produce him, from a few rounds later. berrian will be greta with Favre throwing to him!! :thumbsup:

both were good WR picks. had i not had 3 already i would have gone Royal for sure... berrian was in a group id consider after him.

I feel Cutler made Royal. I don't hink #$%^& can make the throws. The windows were narrow, and you had to be quick. I thought Evans was the story here. I like him to produce equal to owens, and likely out produce him, from a few rounds later. berrian will be greta with Favre throwing to him!! :thumbsup:

That was my thinking as well, with Evans not the #1 WR anymore I see him having even bigger @'s without being double covered all the time.

I've got nothing but admiration for everyone today. We covered a TON of ground.

This is normally where JScott blames his son!! :dunno:

poor kid! ;)

:harumph:

It was his fault :doh:

My list when I left work for round 7

Eddie Royal

Lee Evans

Bernard Berrian

Donald Brown

Donnie Avery

:dunno:

I need a few.

Don't see how Jerricho doesn't at least put up decent numbers. At least WR3 numbers being the number one guy on that team. I'm not real happy about this selection as it appears you guys can see my damn cheatsheet or something. :o But he will suffice. :puke:

I was torn between Cotchery and Moss, but R2D2 ( :o ) took the decision out of my hands by selecting Cotchery. Hopefully Moss doesn't just perform during the first half of the season this year. I hope for his wife's sake that the football field is the only place that he mails it in for the finish.

ICEMAN

OUCH! Evans, Moss, Avery and Cotch. Gutted me! time to re-group. I was really hoping for Avery in the next round, but this little run has adjusted my thinking some.

Don't see how Jerricho doesn't at least put up decent numbers. At least WR3 numbers being the number one guy on that team. I'm not real happy about this selection as it appears you guys can see my damn cheatsheet or something. :wub: But he will suffice. :puke:

Welcome to the June mock. :o

I'm around. Text me if I'm not in should I come up.

Jones is a nice value here. Starting RB on a decent offensive team.

Duckett is pretty efficient around the stripe, so Jones's TDs will be few. But, his yards could be solid.

I have Julius projected at 1,100 combined and 6. He won't be splitting as many carries this year and he'll be working with a much better offense. He was my original plan for this pick, then that mini run of Wr's almost made me knee jerk a Wide receiver that I could wait for. I had hoped, and really thought that Avery would make it to me in the 8th. Once I saw he was gone, I was gonna grab Moss now, then he fell. I then went back to the plan, I just have to lower my sites for my #3 Wr., and Jones becomes my #3 RB.

Err....that other RB Seattle has is good around the goal line. Sorry.

Duckett is pretty efficient around the stripe, so Jones's TDs will be few. But, his yards could be solid.

Two backs combined for 1450 and 4 last year. I might be light on the yardage, but I feel this is a much better offense. ****** grabbed 8 td'd last year, and will get goaline but not much further out than that. It will be interesting to see what this team does this year when the chains move more.

I will adjust to 1250 yards combined and 5 td's, but I can hope for 6 or more!!! :rolleyes:

I just noticed that Mike has him for 1200 yards and 6.

....and Ray IS perty! :music_guitarred:

:banana:

Sorry the draft stopped at my spot last night. I went to the Cardinal's game and didn't trust myself to make a pick when I got home. St. Louis' finest had a hold on me.

Sorry the draft stopped at my spot last night. I went to the Cardinal's game and didn't trust myself to make a pick when I got home. St. Louis' finest had a hold on me.

No worries, we just get rolling now. We're already on a torrid pace.

There's a reason prime mocking hours are between 8-5. No one should feel or be held hostage by this draft after those times. Hope you enjoyed the game!

I know it's early but Clash has been texted for two!

Twice, actually. :thumbsup:

My first QB...I know you guys think I am QB crazy, but my history in this mock has been to get one late. That was the case last year as well.

Truth be told, I'm not afraid of taking a QB early, but I try to never reach for a position. I guess I am a VBD drafter at heart. If QB is where I perceive the value to be, I'll take one (or two :thumbsup: ). But, in the case of this year and last year, I felt the value was elsewhere. Certainly, this year, it was at the RB position at the 5/6 turn from my perspective.

I had you pegged for Palmer. He carries some possible resurgence to days of old for you here. TJ on the squad would have been nice though.

It's nice value in the 7th. If he returns even close to ability, then this is a good bargain.

I was surprised that Donald Brown went 7.02. I knew he was gonna go by the eighth, but damn that is high for him IMO. Then Mendenhall went middle 7th. Which shocked me even more. I didn't suspect him going until late 8 or even 9.

I understand the 'why', I just saw so many other players in front of those guys that I didn't see that coming. Owning Addai and Parker I'm acutally glad as I don't feel so forced to target those guys and I can stick to my teirs. But color me suprised.

i think donald brown went in the 6th in the jetdoc. i considered a QB there but im not big on addai and feel Brown will be getting the majority of the carries by week 4 or 5. Getting him made me feel comfortable with my RB depth despite not having 2 backs early. I generally have 2 RB in the first 3 and always first 4 rounds at least.

Nice corner, Clash. Rice could end up starting, and Donald Driver was the other receiver I was wrestling with at 7.10.

Lance Moore :thumbsup: .... are you sure you've sobered up :headscratch:

:mellow:

No disrespect Dan but IMO you could have picked Fred Taylor many rounds later. :thumbsdown:

Lance Moore :thumbsdown: .... are you sure you've sobered up :headscratch:

:rolleyes:

I believe he will be ready, and I also believe he is the receiver that Brees trusts the most. His concensus ADP is 7.04, so I think the pick was pretty good! The pounding he takes across the middle is the main concern, as the shoulder will again come into play. He is a better selection here than Colston is where he is being taken. IMHO