Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

**Round Nine/Round Ten Draft Commentary**

Really wanted Cooley and Breaston, then considered doing some batshit crazy, but went with the saner pick of Coles.

Really wanted Cooley and Breaston, then considered doing some batshit crazy, but went with the saner pick of Coles.

So your board wasn't quite as dry as you alluded to at the time? :wink:

Nice catch with Ginn, I did not expect him to make it this far, and strongly considered him at my last pick, but its good to see just how far he fell.... 3rd year WR, with huger upside.... :dunno:

I even like the Fred Jackson pick where it fell, the guy is a Kevin Faulk clone, but could very well put up really nice #'s this year depending on what happens with Lynch et al :wave:

9.04 - RB Fred Jackson, BUF

This might have been a little early, but with Lynch's 3 game suspension FJ is a little more than a 'cuff. He'll be the starter for 3 games with a chance to prove himself. So I didn't want to chance missing out on him.

Nice pick of Ginn by Ted... he and Carlson were two players that if were available I might have risked passing on Jackson. Sort of glad they weren't so I could stick with my plan.

So your board wasn't quite as dry as you alluded to at the time? :wink:

K2 + Felix Jones >>> Cooley + Coles

But I'll still take Cooley and Coles. :dunno:

Before the Felix Jones draft I almost took Winslow. I then realized I had 4 TE's left in my second teir (Winslow, Cooley, Daniels, Carson in that order). So I passed hoping to land one of them coming back.

Hooray me. :dunno:

Daniels was my batshit crazy possibility. He's the last TE I'd really want to end up starting (although if forced, could make do with Carlson). Taking him would hurt the other teams without a TE yet, but decided having Coles as my WR4 was more important than making Daniels my TE2.

walking dog....back in 5

Is that what it was called back in your day :dunno:

At my age it takes me 'bout 30 min. to "walk the dog"

Now it's feeding my 2 year old! :dunno:

Well I'm done now!! lol!

LMAO

Surprised Sproles lasted that long. Remote caught a break if you ask me. I thought for sure he would have gone right after the Felix pick. Hell, I considered him as my RB5 due to value alone. Decided to go with a TE1 instead, but it was close. :music_guitarred:

I was really torn between taking Crabtree and Sproles. He is a hell of a value at this point.

ICEMAN

Took him in the Jetdoc at 9.02 as my #4 rb, and I didn't have LT in that one, so I hoped I had another round in him in this draft, since I did. I really needed #3 Wr with my round 8 pick.

Sproles showed what he could do when called upon, didn't get paid per se, but did get locked up for a year. They will use him more this year to help keep LT fresh, and he is still the best change of pace back in the business. 12 touches a game is the talk out of SD, and that translates to 1,000 combined and 5 for me.

I don't see him letting up because I believe he is unrestricted next year, and playing for a big check! He will fit in fine as my #4 RB, and now my 1.07 investment is secure.

I had Sproles targeted for my next pick, but wound up settling for Graham. This is a (CYA) pick, nothing more, nothing less.

I had Sproles targeted for my next pick, but wound up settling for Graham. This is a (CYA) pick, nothing more, nothing less.

.....and a good one. He was very under appreciated last year by Fantasy folks it seems.

Wow, RB Javon Ringer in the 9th. I understand the 'cuff but I honestly don't even have him in my top 180 (15 rnds).

I was hoping Crabtree would fall a little further. I would have liked him at the turn. Good upside there.

This is not related to this round per se.

Does anybody know if Joseph Addai is still playing under the contract he signed as a rookie?

This is not related to this round per se.

Does anybody know if Joseph Addai is still playing under the contract he signed as a rookie?

Yes, he'll be a FA in 2011...

7/29/2006: Signed a five-year, $11.65 million contract. The deal contains $4.76 million guaranteed, including a $500,000 signing bonus. 2009: $713,000, 2010: $1.314 million, 2011: Free Agent

Damn, I cleared my messages before lunch and lost Clash's #. Can someone grab it from an old Danzone IBL thread and text him?

Already done.

Nice pick with Justin Gage. I nearly went that way (or near it) until I looked down and realized that the ageless wonder was still on the board.

Nice pick with Justin Gage. I nearly went that way (or near it) until I looked down and realized that the ageless wonder was still on the board.

His current Qb makes him very relevant. He makes some big grabs in traffic.

I just went and checked the rules to make sure this isn't a two quarterback league.

Gotta be honest here. Cassel is a No-Hassle pick all the way. He's going to have some huge weeks from throwing 50-60 passes playing catch-up...and he's going to have some stinkers. In a best-ball format, though, he's going to be great to have.

Generally, I only allow myself to make one pick in the June Mock with the No-Hassle league specifically in mind as I think to consider it too often disrupts what Mike wants this draft to be. That being said, I also think we would be foolish to completely and totally disregard it as a factor.

Again, in a best ball format, Cassel is my guy...in a traditional format, there are other QBs I like better here.

Gotta be honest here. Cassel is a No-Hassle pick all the way. He's going to have some huge weeks from throwing 50-60 passes playing catch-up...and he's going to have some stinkers. In a best-ball format, though, he's going to be great to have.

Generally, I only allow myself to make one pick in the June Mock with the No-Hassle league specifically in mind as I think to consider it too often disrupts what Mike wants this draft to be. That being said, I also think we would be foolish to completely and totally disregard it as a factor.

Again, in a best ball format, Cassel is my guy...in a traditional format, there are other QBs I like better here.

I was fixin to disagree with you then I remebered that he was very mobile and did run in like 3 last year. Thigpen did the same in KC. I see Cassell really wanting to show his stuff, and do what it takes, so I think you might be on to something. I can see him selling out at the endzone to win games.

No disrespect intended but doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the mock? I'm a newbie and all, but I'm drafting as if this was real league so we can get real results. The No Hassle thingy to me was just a little something for poops and giggles after it was all said and done so we could smack talk a little. I mean there is no lineup setting, FA pickups, trading, ect. Which is prolly 75% of fantasy football. So to me the winner of the No Hassle thing means little. :sorry: