Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

**Draft Commentary (Rounds 11-15)**

ok. to be honest, Kyle Orton was who i had tabbed as my backup :thumbsdown: so now he is my starter :cry: ...... :cry:

I feel like he played very very well before being hurt last year and if he can do that in Chicago he can do it in Denver with better weapons and a more offensive minded HC. Heres to hoping Marshall gets a new contract!

The Jake Delhomme pick was almost specifically for this format. In a no hassle format i felt that Delhomme was the best guy left capable of going off on any given week. I say so specifically because of Steve Smith. Anytime Smith has one of his type of games where he has 150 yards and 2 scores, Jake is probably going to have had a serviceable day.

ok. to be honest, Kyle Orton was who i had tabbed as my backup :doublethumbsup: so now he is my starter :unsure: ...... -_-

I feel like he played very very well before being hurt last year and if he can do that in Chicago he can do it in Denver with better weapons and a more offensive minded HC. Heres to hoping Marshall gets a new contract!

The Jake Delhomme pick was almost specifically for this format. In a no hassle format i felt that Delhomme was the best guy left capable of going off on any given week. I say so specifically because of Steve Smith. Anytime Smith has one of his type of games where he has 150 yards and 2 scores, Jake is probably going to have had a serviceable day.

If Smith is going to be a concensus top 5-7 Wr then Jake is going to outperform his draft slot.

Plus, this scoring system doesn't count off for interceptions.... :doublethumbsup:

Plus, this scoring system doesn't count off for interceptions.... :doublethumbsup:

:unsure:

He only threw 12 all season until the fateful 5 in the playoff game. He has a career high of 16 the year he had 25 Td's. He's not a bad Int guy, but he had a horrible last game.

He only threw 12 all season until the fateful 5 in the playoff game. He has a career high of 16 the year he had 25 Td's. He's not a bad Int guy, but he had a horrible last game.

That's what I was referring to.....

I just drafted a 20 year old, non injured, short, shifty runner with blazing speed and excellent hands that plays for the Eagles. I looked up the term "upside" in the dictionary and it had a picture of LeSean.

I just drafted a 20 year old, non injured, short, shifty runner with blazing speed and excellent hands that plays for the Eagles. I looked up the term "upside" in the dictionary and it had a picture of LeSean.

Paul could have ued him, as that would have really secured that position for him. He already has 4 backs though.

I really liked Celek, and was hoping to get him in the 12th. That is gonna make me rethink this pick a minute. Nice grab! I like have Qb TE combos.

These rounds in the draft are interesting for me in that you have players with huge Std Dev on their ADPs so they can be buried on one persons list as a 20th round selection but just as easily could be "value" by another persons list. And trying to judge where everyone else has a player you want ranked is tough. Do you grab them now or can you wait another round?

This was the case for me on V.Davis. His ADP is somewhere around the 13th but I think he'll out perform that so I didn't want to risk waiting until the 12th to select him. Don't know how anyone else feels about his 2009 season. Similar stuff for Celek, nice grab there.

Also, some drafters can be the beneficiary of talent dropping into their laps simply due to a player not "fitting" into someones roster.

McCoy was a nice grab. If I didn't already have 4 RBs I would have snagged him maybe even in the 10th. Surprised PISL didn't get him earlier as his 4th RB.

A great O-Line, and a great running back tandem. That will make this job nice to step into. I can't stay away from Brett as my #2 QB. After listening to him talk on NFL Network last night, live from the the High School field, it's just a matter of time before he is there. He even alluded to it in his conversation. Anyway, I expect to get hammered for this but he's my man here. Many people on the internets are angry with his waffling, but the majority of the NFL players both retired and active feel he still has it, not to mention the majority of coaches would likely rather have him then what they got, though that majority is shrinking some. I think he might be considered my "No Hassle" grab of the draft. (Play Brett PLay!!)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

from the guy who took Ringer, and my Qb's TE in the last round! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

McCoy was a nice grab. If I didn't already have 4 RBs I would have snagged him maybe even in the 10th. Surprised PISL didn't get him earlier as his 4th RB.

I may have made a rookie mistake with McCoy, but I don't care as I've been eyeing him for a few rounds now. I just did the math and with the way this No Hassle thing works I may have shot myself in the foot with 5 RB's. That leaves little room for error in other postions considering you can't add/drop ect. and we are acually keeping score based on this draft alone.

I'm not used to the way this No Hassle thing works as it goes against everything I'm used too. So chalk that up to a rookie mistake. Even though Fumble warned me in advance. :rolleyes:

But if I had to do it all over again I would still pick LeShean. I'm really high on him in Dynasty/Keeper/Rookie leagues. Up there with Donald Brown if you ask me; and he went 5 rounds ago.

I may have made a rookie mistake with McCoy, but I don't care as I've been eyeing him for a few rounds now. I just did the math and with the way this No Hassle thing works I may have shot myself in the foot with 5 RB's. That leaves little room for error in other postions considering you can't add/drop ect. and we are acually keeping score based on this draft alone.

I'm not used to the way this No Hassle thing works as it goes against everything I'm used too. So chalk that up to a rookie mistake. Even though Fumble warned me in advance. :rolleyes:

But if I had to do it all over again I would still pick LeShean. I'm really high on him in Dynasty/Rookie leagues. Up there with Donald Brown if you ask me. and he went 5 rounds ago.

I never even consider the No hassle thing, and that might be my problem in it. I draft by habit. I mentoned the format with my last pick because Brett, if healthy and playing, could easily out play McNabb often. That would be a good problem to have in a normal startem' league. I really don't feel much effort is put into the no hassle thing or more teams would grab 3 qb's, or even consider a bye week kicker.

I have really never considered the advantage or lack of in this format of cuffs????

I like to implement my intended strategy for the coming drafting season, see how it pans out so I can correct it before all those drafts get started.

I like to implement my intended strategy for the coming drafting season, see how it pans out so I can correct it before all those drafts get started.

Well how about implementing some of that strategy over in the pick thread :rolleyes:

Paul could have ued him, as that would have really secured that position for him. He already has 4 backs though.

That was my plan. All he had to do was fly under the radar for fiur more picks.

:rolleyes:

....and I was being a smart a$$, because I am the guy who just drafted a QB without a team and a rookie receiver with a drug problem. That's what these Mocks are for. If you go to the Main Board, Fumble posted a thread on our mock there. It is interesting to here Mike's comments (Mac).

Earl Bennett......

I did some reading about the background on the Chicago players once Cutler joined the team, and imagine my surprise to find that they just so happened to have the WR with whom Cutler played in college and who happened to be the guys most favoristist target during college....I would love to see if this translates to the NFL game and if this cat perhaps steps forward because of this factor....

My highest rated players left on my board this morning:

LeSaen McCoy

Brent Celek

Jake Delhomme

Marc Bulger

Earl Bennett

Willis McGahee

:dunno:

Earl Bennett......

I did some reading about the background on the Chicago players once Cutler joined the team, and imagine my surprise to find that they just so happened to have the WR with whom Cutler played in college and who happened to be the guys most favoristist target during college....I would love to see if this translates to the NFL game and if this cat perhaps steps forward because of this factor....

This was a great pick. The two shared their best seasons in college together, and i feel he will really help Cutler settle in and be his possession guy.

Honestly, the No-Hassle League has very little impact on this draft. You might get a few extra points a year as far as total points are concerned by catering to it a bit, but it all pretty much evens out. Like I said, I make one pick each year in consideration of it and that's it.

Nothing wrong with having 5 RBs. That often works out well for people.

This was a great pick. The two shared their best seasons in college together, and i feel he will really help Cutler settle in and be his possession guy.

I almost took Bennett instead of Davis because I felt the same as you and Ray do... but one thing that has sort of made me scratch my head and take a step back on Bennett are three things:

1.) All reports out of camp are that Olsen has been Cutlers go-to guy so far ... no mention of Bennett

2.) When asked about the possibility of bringing in Plax or Marshall to CHI, Culter said they already had a #1 WR in Hester ... no mention of Bennett

3.) CHI drafted more WR competition

Having that old successful college connection back you'd think there would be SOME mention of Bennett ... something just doesn't seem right to me with this situation :dunno:

I almost took Bennett instead of Davis because I felt the same as you and Ray do... but one thing that has sort of made me scratch my head and take a step back on Bennett are three things:

1.) All reports out of camp are that Olsen has been Cutlers go-to guy so far ... no mention of Bennett

2.) When asked about the possibility of bringing in Plax or Marshall to CHI, Culter said they already had a #1 WR in Hester ... no mention of Bennett

3.) CHI drafted more WR competition

Having that old successful college connection back you'd think there would be SOME mention of Bennett ... something just doesn't seem right to me with this situation :thumbsdown:

I here the same things but feel olsen aids bennett bigtime. I feel Bennett becomes the possession guy, and Olsen a redzone threat and chain mover. There should be plenty for both, opening up Hester for some big plays. It looks good on paper, as long as Marshall or Burress don't get brought in. That would kill Bennett, and was the one reason I went Harvinm over him in the 10th.

I think White wonder slavged his Qb situation well with orton and Delhomme. I feel Flacco and Delhomme would have been better. I swithced gears to target Flacco after Delhomme fell then had to scratch my Favre itch!! :unsure:

I here the same things but feel olsen aids bennett bigtime. I feel Bennett becomes the possession guy, and Olsen a redzone threat and chain mover. There should be plenty for both, opening up Hester for some big plays. It looks good on paper, as long as Marshall or Burress don't get brought in. That would kill Bennett, and was the one reason I went Harvinm over him in the 10th.

I agree that Bennett will be the "possession guy" with Hester as the main WR target and Olsen being Culters woobie but this won't be DEN. Regardless of Cutler, CHI will still run the ball with Forte first and foremost and I just done see how that can translate to a lot of touches for Hester/Olsen let alone Bennett. If I heard Cutler saying how great it was to be back with Bennett that might change things but :crickets:

There are always a few players in any draft every year that appeal to that thing inside of all Fantasy Football players that I refer to as (The Genius) syndrome. Let's face it, we all at one time or many, have taken a flyer on a player for no reason other than to look really damn smart if they pan out. It's a nice feeling to see a relatively unknown, or a guy who in most drafts doesn't even get a sniff, put up numbers that make other owners jealous. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and that part in all of us really wants to be that guy who did it. I see the Bennett pick as that type of player. He will not be drafted in, I'd say most drafts unless he has a helluva training camp. I was willing to take him to be that guy.

I agree that Bennett will be the "possession guy" with Hester as the main WR target and Olsen being Culters woobie but this won't be DEN. Regardless of Cutler, CHI will still run the ball with Forte first and foremost and I just done see how that can translate to a lot of touches for Hester/Olsen let alone Bennett. If I heard Cutler saying how great it was to be back with Bennett that might change things but :crickets:

That will Hester's loss, in my opinion. He progressed last year but he is still nothing but a burner who will catch some TD's . He won't come close to Olsen's or Bennetts receiving number's but have a higher ypc.. I feel Olsen will have more TD's even then. I see Bennett as more of an Engram type guy. hester is the guy people are spending too much on.

There are always a few players in any draft every year that appeal to that thing inside of all Fantasy Football players that I refer to as (The Genius) syndrome. Let's face it, we all at one time or many, have taken a flyer on a player for no reason other than to look really damn smart if they pan out. It's a nice feeling to see a relatively unknown, or a guy who in most drafts doesn't even get a sniff, put up numbers that make other owners jealous. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and that part in all of us really wants to be that guy who did it. I see the Bennett pick as that type of player. He will not be drafted in, I'd say most drafts unless he has a helluva training camp. I was willing to take him to be that guy.

:ninja:

Unless something else transpires with Marshall or Burress I bet he never goes undrafted. I agree with you on the enigma part though, but with that QB there, their knowing each other, and his polish entering the league as a rookie. He won't get passed over beyond this point in any draft. The only reason he didn't get a shot last year was learning the play book. Of course this is just an opinion.

That will Hester's loss, in my opinion. He progressed last year but he is still nothing but a burner who will catch some TD's . He won't come close to Olsen's or Bennetts receiving number's but have a higher ypc.. I feel Olsen will have more TD's even then. I see Bennett as more of an Engram type guy. hester is the guy people are spending too much on.

I disagree on the Hester part. He's steadily progressed by all reports as a WR. And he's not just a deep threat. He's a playmaker who CHI moved to offense to get him the ball. He's the one that is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. I see CHI/Cutler getting Hester the ball in that 10-15 yard range more on a post slant with big YAC numbers. And Hester is the one Culter called their #1 WR.

That Dan guy is just never around :dunno:

I'm really working on the Football-to-work ratio. Eventually I'll get my priorities straight. :doh:

I disagree on the Hester part. He's steadily progressed by all reports as a WR. And he's not just a deep threat. He's a playmaker who CHI moved to offense to get him the ball. He's the one that is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. I see CHI/Cutler getting Hester the ball in that 10-15 yard range more on a post slant with big YAC numbers. And Hester is the one Culter called their #1 WR.

Validation!!

:dunno: