Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Draft discussion

So in my 2 re-drafts I am drafting at 10 and 12th, but I'm not sure I would even take S. Jackson if he fell to me there. I think the Rams are going to be a mess yet again. I don't if you would want to take him in the first round

The Rams will suck but he seems to look good no matter what.

The Rams will suck but he seems to look good no matter what.

When is the last time he has played a full season tho

When is the last time he has played a full season tho

Thats very true. He is a top3-5 producer based on points per game.

How long are we giving for a pick? Just wondering if there is a limit.

would like to see a pick within an hour or two but we know that is not always possible. Now that things have settled down hopefully everything starts rolling :music_guitarred:

Was thinking about really reaching for another player here, but took Calvin so have the Johnson brothers. Had them and Slaton last year in one league, and didn't even make it the playoffs

Some draft drama this year huh? So......

OK to grab Gore for Riddlen? He had Slaton or Gore at 1.10 or we could wait if you think there will be a problem.

Nice pick Calvin think he may be top WR by end of season with Stafford hopefully throwing to him after bye week.

OK to grab gore for Riddlen? He had Slaton or Gore at 1.10 or we could wait if you think there will be a problem.

Nice pick calvin think he may be top WR by end of season.

Yeah we have 4 detroiters here too just like my real drafts will be.

I dunno I'm sure he'll check in I assume it's who he wanted but we'll wait a little

Yeah we have 4 detroiters here too just like my real drafts will be.

I dunno I'm sure he'll check in I assume it's who he wanted but we'll wait a little

I am a ex-Michigander too. I am going to the Michigan Notre Dame game this year. Taking my wife to Michigan it will be her first trip.

I am a ex-Michigander too. I am going to the Michigan Notre Dame game this year. Taking my wife to Michigan it will be her first trip.

Read in the Free Press this morning sporting news picked WMU to beat Umich :unsure:

Western Alum and think I'll be going to game. Western had good team last year.

and Zach ya took my guy - former Western Mich Jennings.

Western Alum and think I'll be going to game. Western had good team last year.

and Zach ya took my guy - former Western Mich Jennings.

I know! My team needed some home cookin. He plays on a offense that likes to throw. He is a top 5 WR if the cards all fall in place. All the RB's I wanted were gone.

Sorry took so long to pick, all top WRs gone so had to grab White, debating between him and Boldin

Wanted Rodgers :thumbsup: settle for Manning

So I'm not getting the hype with Housh ive got him for 87 receptions for 930 yards and 7td's. Are people projecting more TD's for him, I mean maybe one or two, but not enough for a 3rd an early round selection IMO.

What are the folks who have him this high reasoning?

Housh will be no.1 in SEA, in Cin he had Ocho so he didn't see no 1 coverage.

Agree with Swirv don't see the love.

Housh will be no.1 in SEA, in Cin he had Ocho so he didn't see no 1 coverage.

Agree with Swirv don't see the love.

I know Hass was hurt last yr and they only threw for 18 TD. Their 3 and 5 yr avg is right around 24.

I have them at 23 TD's this year with the following breakdown

Housh 7

Burelson 5

Branch 4

random other receiver 1

Carlson 5 (now he is the main reason im not projecting more TD's)

Ju Jones 1

Pretty sure he will be very consistant this year with some big upside. Seattle should have a better year compared to the last couple and I couldn't pull the trigger on my top couple of RB's based on gut feeling. I should have picked Manning in the 2nd and then best WR in the third. Live and learn.

swirv, if you'll pin the two threads i started, i'll try and keep them updated.

swirv, if you'll pin the two threads i started, i'll try and keep them updated.

done appreciate it.

Will help out when I can, major problem for me is time, but also the site is so slow for me at work. It takes 2-3 minutes to load a page, then another to do any kind of action

done appreciate it.

Will help out when I can, major problem for me is time, but also the site is so slow for me at work. It takes 2-3 minutes to load a page, then another to do any kind of action

on more thing, can you unpin the old roster thread?

I am pretty happy to get Ronnie Brown in the late 3rd round. I see him with serious upside. To snag 2 great WR's and get him as my RB1 in the 3rd I like. I may go this route if I think this would work in my big $$ draft.

Ronnie 18 months plus off that ACL tear. He has looked very good in camp so far.

I am pretty happy to get Ronnie Brown in the late 3rd round. I see him with serious upside. To snag 2 great WR's and get him as my RB1 in the 3rd I like. I may go this route if I think this would work in my big $ draft.

Ronnie 18 months plus off that ACL tear. He has looked very good in camp so far.

i was torn between brown, grant and smith. i took smith due to bye weeks, mostly.

I really love Kevin Smith this year.

I have him even with S-jax as far as total points (but that is because I have S-jax only at 14 games)

We have zero competition last year, and the last few games he was carrying the ball 20+ times.

Unfortunately I draft at the 10th and 12th spot this year and unless I do some trading I don't think I will be able to nab him. Maybe I'll tarde my 2nd round pick for a 3rd and some others, because I like him that much, and dont't think he will make it back to me at either of those two locations.

I really love Kevin Smith this year.

I have him even with S-jax as far as total points (but that is because I have S-jax only at 14 games)

We have zero competition last year, and the last few games he was carrying the ball 20+ times.

Unfortunately I draft at the 10th and 12th spot this year and unless I do some trading I don't think I will be able to nab him. Maybe I'll tarde my 2nd round pick for a 3rd and some others, because I like him that much, and dont't think he will make it back to me at either of those two locations.

i had him last year so i paid really close attention down the stretch. he and Pierre Thomas both impressed me, so I've been trying various ways to get them in my leagues. i also liked hearing that Smith dropped a few lbs so he could hit the corners faster and have a few more long runs. With Calvin, new TE and Stafford/Dante's arm strength, I think Smith gets a little extra breathing room at the line for fear of the deep ball.

i had him last year so i paid really close attention down the stretch. he and Pierre Thomas both impressed me, so I've been trying various ways to get them in my leagues. i also liked hearing that Smith dropped a few lbs so he could hit the corners faster and have a few more long runs. With Calvin, new TE and Stafford/Dante's arm strength, I think Smith gets a little extra breathing room at the line for fear of the deep ball.

I was serioulsy considering him with the 13th pick.

and if I dont someone get into a position to take him in the middle 3rd, I may take him on the way back with my 10th pick

I was serioulsy considering him with the 13th pick.

and if I dont someone get into a position to take him in the middle 3rd, I may take him on the way back with my 10th pick

Are these live Michigan drafts you guys are targeting Smith in? I think he may fall farther than you think. I believe he is a good value pick also.

Let's not get to excited the Lions will likely still suck this year. They don't even have a D-Line right now do they?

I'm not buying into Lions hype at all, but if any RB gets the rock 20+ times a game they are going to have some fantasy value. I think Smith can certainly do it this year.

yeah they are 2 live drafts in Michigan.

Kevin Smith is falling to a place in drafts where taking him as your #3 option brings with it a huge upside IMHO. He could very well put up some respectable #'s.....

ok, is there a better way to do this? I know it typically takes a while to do this, but man, this is really slow.

Is there an option in the yahoo league to actually input the draft choices there?

Could we not post a list of phone #'s like zach did and we text the guy after us in the draft order with a msg that it's their pick?

If you guys have any suggestions, I'm open to helping it move along however I can.

I am with you on that. If we do not get this thing moving then we will lose owners. I'm just sayin.

ok, is there a better way to do this? I know it typically takes a while to do this, but man, this is really slow.

Is there an option in the yahoo league to actually input the draft choices there?

Could we not post a list of phone #'s like zach did and we text the guy after us in the draft order with a msg that it's their pick?

If you guys have any suggestions, I'm open to helping it move along however I can.

people are just being lazy and or not around. Not sure why they said they would do it, if they don't ever check in, or only check in once every 5 hours

Like I did? :banana:

Exactly, I didn't like any of the RB's there and didn't think ahead. My loss = your gain. nice job

So, I see T. Jones ADP is ~5.10 but I'm not really sure why. He is still the starting RB, they lost suck a d1ck favre and Mangini, but Favre wasn't the reason for his success last year.

I mean I don't have him doing what he did last year, but 270 rushes 1125 yards 9 TD's 28 receptions 185 and 1 TD.

I would have loved to have taken Grant there but after Grant at least ADP there seems like there is a dropoff.

I know TE is deep this year too and love some of the guys you can get later, but with no TO I think Witten is 30-40 points above the next TE