Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Draft discussion

dood, just the last few players arent updated. it says right on teh list UPDATE THROUGH 5.03. You are picking 5.09. That 6 players. jeebus man.

LOL... Does his 4 picks mean we have actually picked 10 times today? Wowzers! :mad:

Hold on, the mother focking lists arent up to date, please wait while i check every focking player...... :lol:

yeah, really hard to scroll up huh??? :lol:

i updated thru 5.08 and put a special little message in the title for you. remember, some of us work as well. :mad:

yeah, really hard to scroll up huh??? :lol:

i updated thru 5.08 and put a special little message in the title for you. remember, some of us work as well. :mad:

Not hard at all, saw the list, thought it might be update, kinda like I did with the FFT dynasty draft...but I digress.....I will check each and every player now, you all might want to go grab lunch.... :lol:

Not hard at all, saw the list, thought it might be update, kinda like I did with the FFT dynasty draft...but I digress.....I will check each and every player now, you all might want to go grab lunch.... :lol:

you suck! :mad:

i updated the players by position list...just for you :lol:

you suck! :mad:

i updated the players by position list...just for you :lol:

Oh, no one wants to yuck it up when the notion of a delay comes into play? Awwww..... :lol:

gyahead and pick, Rodgers shoudl have been taken in the 3rd round at the earliest, had conistently gone in the 4th all summer, had no notion that I would have to drift back into the second round to find him already taken... :lol:

I fixed my pick, so you can proceed, the goof that took him in round 2 is unfortunately stuck with that silliness.... :lol: :lol:

I thought he was a Packers homer :music_guitarred:

also what is wrong with these numbers

PaYd PaTD PaINT RuYd RuTD

4065 28 13 150 2

Those rank #2 Qb in my book

Stop making fun of me :cry:

dood, just the last few players arent updated. it says right on teh list UPDATE THROUGH 5.03. You are picking 5.09. That 6 players. jeebus man.

:music_guitarred:

I thought he was a Packers homer :music_guitarred:

also what is wrong with these numbers

PaYd PaTD PaINT RuYd RuTD

4065 28 13 150 2

Those rank #2 Qb in my book

Stop making fun of me :cry:

For the first three rounds I do like to refer to ADP and use it as a sanity-check, general guide etc.....In the seven IBL drafts, and six other drafts I have completed thus far, the guy was NEVER taken before the lower 3rd round, in all drafts (but one) he was taken in the 4th round......I wont get picky over a guy going 10 or 12 spots early, but two rounds.....that be tooooooo much for me.... :lol:

For the first three rounds I do like to refer to ADP and use it as a sanity-check, general guide etc.....In the seven IBL drafts, and six other drafts I have completed thus far, the guy was NEVER taken before the lower 3rd round, in all drafts (but one) he was taken in the 4th round......I wont get picky over a guy going 10 or 12 spots early, but two rounds.....that be tooooooo much for me.... :wub:

I agree completely, I went with my projections and I do not have ADP listed on them for QB's yet. He probably could have gotten him in round 3 coming back

For the first three rounds I do like to refer to ADP and use it as a sanity-check, general guide etc.....In the seven IBL drafts, and six other drafts I have completed thus far, the guy was NEVER taken before the lower 3rd round, in all drafts (but one) he was taken in the 4th round......I wont get picky over a guy going 10 or 12 spots early, but two rounds.....that be tooooooo much for me.... :wub:

On a side note that is what I absolutely hate about drafting at either 1 or 12

It's for two reason,

- One say you are drafting at the 8th spot and round 7 comes along and you see 9, 10, 11 and 12th people drafting all have TE's. Well obvioulsy you draft a a different position and get more value, and then take the TE on the way back.

- Two is ADP doesn't really mean sh1t to you, the guy you are looking at that may be a round later will not make it back to you, so you have to go with your own projections, and draft the players you think will be the best for you.

It's for two reason,

- One say you are drafting at the 8th spot and round 7 comes along and you see 9, 10, 11 and 12th people drafting all have TE's. Well obvioulsy you draft a a different position and get more value, and then take the TE on the way back.

- Two is ADP doesn't really mean sh1t to you, the guy you are looking at that may be a round later will not make it back to you, so you have to go with your own projections, and draft the players you think will be the best for you.

Valid points.

Given a choice, I would likely seek to have picks 8,9, or 10 (in a ten team league) or picks 10,11, or 12 (in a twelve team league) I like the spread of those picks MUCH more so that being in the upper half of a serpentine.

It's for two reason,

Valid points.

Given a choice, I would likely seek to have picks 8,9, or 10 (in a ten team league) or picks 10,11, or 12 (in a twelve team league) I like the spread of those picks MUCH more so that being in the upper half of a serpentine.

most of the leagues i've played in are 10 teamers, which is why I like being in this league. either way I still like the 2, 3 or 4 spot this year, particularly 3 and 4. in my mind there are 4 solid, almost no question, players at 1-4 (non-ppr) and getting one of those spots pretty much guarantees you a shot at stud, then decent WR1 and RB2 or WR2. I'm not big on the latter 1/2 of the order. I don't like picking first, but 3 or 4 is a great spot for me.

Well we've come to a complete halut for the day. I have a feeling it may be a while too.

JGcraw gonna give you my list as I'm in a meeting for the next 2 hours

Well we've come to a complete halut for the day. I have a feeling it may be a while too.

JGcraw gonna give you my list as I'm in a meeting for the next 2 hours

that's fine...i may be away a bit myself.

I Am Wood is back on the clock in round 6. Updated picks by team and picks by position threads.

Liked Noshow there, also it is a scary situation, wouldn't mind him as a #3

yeah, he went 1 pick before yours. i was kinda hoping he'd fall to me in a few more picks :shocking:

As far as Brandon Marshall goes. What do you guys think? I have a few big $ drafts this weekend. The guy has not practiced much. Doesn't know the offense and wants a trade. I think he is great value there. Am I the only one?

He is in a contract year and will play sooner or later. I wouldn't be suprised if he has 100 catches again.

As far as Brandon Marshall goes. What do you guys think? I have a few big $ drafts this weekend. The guy has not practiced much. Doesn't know the offense and wants a trade. I think he is great value there. Am I the only one?

He is in a contract year and will play sooner or later. I wouldn't be suprised if he has 100 catches again.

Marshall actually disappointed me last year a bit. After he came back from the suspension he was on fire but he cooled toward the end of the season. Maybe it was health related but he hasn't been healthy yet this year and when you hear things like "he's a long way from knowing the offense" from the HC it send up a red flag for me. I'm avoiding him in most drafts if I can.

Marshall actually disappointed me last year a bit. After he came back from the suspension he was on fire but he cooled toward the end of the season. Maybe it was health related but he hasn't been healthy yet this year and when you hear things like "he's a long way from knowing the offense" from the HC it send up a red flag for me. I'm avoiding him in most drafts if I can.

I was grabbing him if he did not get taken in front of me, I love the value of of him. I have Royal a lot lower. Royal had a great season last year but Denver also threw the ball an amazing amount 620 times. With new coach and suck ass Orton in there I have that number dramatically dropping down to around 550 so that is 70 less passes than last year. I think it will dip into both of their numbers.

Marshall 84 rec 1050 yards 6 TD's

Royal 74 rec 895 yards 6 TD's

Scheffler 45 rec 505 yards 4 TD's

I guess that is why I have Moreno a bit higher cause I think denver is going to run the ball more

OK, if Santanna Moss is not hidden away in a thread anywhere I just took him, let me know :thumbsdown:

Unless he gets traded, I dont like Marshall this year.

His injury + he doesnt no the play book + plus his QB situation + his trade demands = bad numbers

The only positive thing is his defense sux and he will be playing from behind, if he does in fact play. Of course, if Simms takes over, I would bump him up. Orton blows.

Unless he gets traded, I dont like Marshall this year.

His injury + he doesnt no the play book + plus his QB situation + his trade demands = bad numbers

The only positive thing is his defense sux and he will be playing from behind, if he does in fact play. Of course, if Simms takes over, I would bump him up. Orton blows.

Unfortunately, without Marshall, or Cutler, or perhaps even Ratface, the Broncos are going to suffer mightily.....Orton is absolutely awful, and the backups are uninspiring.....they are going to have to run their arses off to protect their defense; luckily they have a stable of running backs to chew through and a strong enough OL to redefine themselves as a run-first offense.

Unfortunately, without Marshall, or Cutler, or perhaps even Ratface, the Broncos are going to suffer mightily.....Orton is absolutely awful, and the backups are uninspiring.....they are going to have to run their arses off to protect their defense; luckily they have a stable of running backs to chew through and a strong enough OL to redefine themselves as a run-first offense.

I've been targeting Royal in lots of drafts because at this point, in the entire Denver offense, he seems to me to be the only guy guaranteed of getting his hands on the ball consistently. If Marshall is back it helps him even more.

I've been targeting Royal in lots of drafts because at this point, in the entire Denver offense, he seems to me to be the only guy guaranteed of getting his hands on the ball consistently. If Marshall is back it helps him even more.

I kinda agree....if only the HC wasnt a complete dooshbag, and his QB wasn't incompetent......he would be higher for me, just too risky right now...especially since I strongly feel that they will accentuate the run over the pass this year.... :doh:

I kinda agree....if only the HC wasnt a complete dooshbag, and his QB wasn't incompetent......he would be higher for me, just too risky right now...especially since I strongly feel that they will accentuate the run over the pass this year.... :thumbsdown:

yeah, but I also fear the Bellicheat influence at RB, and that there really won't be one guy who gets the bulk.

yeah, but I also fear the Bellicheat influence at RB, and that there really won't be one guy who gets the bulk.

Exactly......take a Broncos, any Bronco, at your own peril...IMHO

Somebody make a pick for Titans... I am leaving shortly and will be gone until this evening. He needs a WR, TE or RB3.

Somebody make a pick for Titans... I am leaving shortly and will be gone until this evening. He needs a WR, TE or RB3.

i pm'd him but :music_guitarred: if he'll get it soon. Swirve can make the pick if he likes.

Picks by team is updated (and corrected, sorry jeffkomlo and dr hook about the confusion). Titans is on the clock...

RLLD said he was at the white house :pointstosky:

There is a kind gentleman in kazakhstan who politely informs us before attacking the white house website with dos attacks, so we can scramble in to try and fend his b!tch ass off.....which we keep doing...barely..... :angry:

swirve, I'll be fairly busy today so I most likely won't keep the picks by team and picks by positions thread up to date...

I updated the players by team and by position. This is really, really focking slow...

Soooo....I had what I thought might either be a completely insane or completely brilliant idea...

I'm not sure how many of you twitter, but what if we all signed up for a twitter account, then signed up to follow each other?? then when each of us makes a pick, twitter it and it will let everybody else know. you can receive the updates to your phone and even update it from there if you have the capability. it's a thought anyway ;)

It does look like we are grinding to a hault. I am up for most things as long as it does not cost me money. I would be willing to give the person drafting on either side of me my number so they can call me when I am up.

Let's get this done.

I'm not sure how many of you twitter, but what if we all signed up for a twitter account, then signed up to follow each other?? then when each of us makes a pick, twitter it and it will let everybody else know.

I have no idea what Twitter is, have to ask my 11 year old daughter lol