Sign in to follow this  
lostsoulny

how to setup for no roster position limits

Our league has a 17 man roster max, but we do not have maximums per positions, only minimums.

How will draft buddy react if someone drafts say 5 WR when it is set to start 3 and 2 res?

I tried adding to maximums per position but then it increases the total roster count as well, which is in correct.

Hi lostsoulny. You should input the backups as you expect teams to draft on average at each position, and have the starters + backups = 17. Draft Buddy is flexible. It will not prevent one team from drafting, say, 7 RB even if you only have the Compiler set to 5 RB starters + backups. The starters and backups are important for the Compiler to properly value the players when it generates the overall rankings.

Hi lostsoulny. You should input the backups as you expect teams to draft on average at each position, and have the starters + backups = 17. Draft Buddy is flexible. It will not prevent one team from drafting, say, 7 RB even if you only have the Compiler set to 5 RB starters + backups. The starters and backups are important for the Compiler to properly value the players when it generates the overall rankings.

sounds good Mike this is what I wanted to hear, I just wanted to make sure come draft day that I wasn't going to hit a brick wall halfway through the draft.

We start 2 RB and 3 WR (no flex) so I think I'll leave it at 4 RB total and 5 WR total.

I am really liking these apps so far, my only regret is not going for the early bird special.

:doublethumbsup:

On 8/19/2009 at 9:47 PM, Mike MacGregor said:

Hey Mike, I know this is a 11 year old post, but nothing has changed re: the position limits correct?  That is, DB will not prevent teams from exceeding max limits.