Sign in to follow this  
Smirk

Pierre Thomas in street clothes today at practice

From twitter:

Wwltvsports~Pierre Thomas is not dressed out and hobbling around on the field today.

Jeff Duncan~The good news from prax: Reggie Bush is working. The bad news: Pierre Thomas is not. And he's pretty gimpy on that right knee.

Just FYI. It isn't considered serious. Its a sprained MCL, MRIs confirmed. He'll be ready for the opener.

ALL ABOARD!!! THE MIKE BELL EXPRESS IS ABOUT TO GET ROLLING AGAIN!!!

Man I long for the days of Samkon Gado and the endless hype.

I thought we were supposed to draft PT over the likes of S-Jax and Gore because they are always injured?

I thought we were supposed to draft PT over the likes of S-Jax and Gore because they are always injured?

yeah, now we have to remove PT from the list of "RB's who NEVAH get injured" and readjust our draft boards...crap.

im a little nervous about him.

but as far as Steven Jackson..... first of all who would draft PT over Jackson? but even so, Its not like PT has yet entered Steven Jackson territory or missing regular season games.

im a little nervous about him.

but as far as Steven Jackson..... first of all who would draft PT over Jackson? but even so, Its not like PT has yet entered Steven Jackson territory or missing regular season games.

Did you ever stop to think that was because Peirre Thomas has only played half a season in the NFL? :music_guitarred:

But anyway, for your veiwing pleasure: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=347960

August 26 11:20 ET

The Saints are saying the knee injury to RB <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1226369">Pierre Thomas</a> isn't serious, but he's walking around with a noticable limp. His right knee has a wrap with a brace on top of the wrap.

The Saints are saying the knee injury to RB Pierre Thomas isn't serious, but he's walking around with a noticable limp. His right knee has a wrap with a brace on top of the wrap.

August 26 11:16 ET

Saints RB <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1226369">Pierre Thomas</a> (knee) is not practicing and is riding an exercise bike. Coach Sean Payton said earlier this week that the injury isn't serious.

Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) is not practicing and is riding an exercise bike. Coach Sean Payton said earlier this week that the injury isn't serious.

August 25 11:07 ET

Responding to an e-mail from William Spicer: The knee injury Saints RB <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1226369">Pierre Thomas</a> recently incurred shouldn't keep him out for any lengthy period of time. In fact, Thomas is in full pads and appears to be practicing right now.

Responding to an e-mail from William Spicer: The knee injury Saints RB Pierre Thomas recently incurred shouldn't keep him out for any lengthy period of time. In fact, Thomas is in full pads and appears to be practicing right now.

:music_guitarred:

dam and i just drafted him last night. only good thing is he is my 3rd back behind DeAngelo and Steven jackson and I have leon washington and shady mccoy as fill ins

He should prolly be okay. However I just find it funny that people think guys like Chris Johnson and Peirre Thomas are safe picks because they don't have an injury history. People!@#! They don't hardly have any history. They just started playing last year. They have just as good a chance as S-Jax or Gore does of a lineman rolling up on them or stepping on a leg in a pile up. :thumbsdown:

dam and i just drafted him last night. only good thing is he is my 3rd back behind DeAngelo and Steven jackson and I have leon washington and shady mccoy as fill ins

Grandma must have scooped up AD right before you in 3rd round, huh?

no the dog did. then the cat picked marshall faulk and we all had a good laugh

Did you ever stop to think that was because Peirre Thomas has only played half a season in the NFL? :bandana:

But anyway, for your veiwing pleasure: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=347960

yes, that fact indeed entered my mind. But it doesn't make it any less true that people have reservations about Steven Jackson because he can't stay healthy when it matters.

I don't think its all that responsible to use a minor pre season injury for a third round fantasy RB to make any sort of case about a historically injury prone 1st round RB. :thumbsdown:

and before you gripe about the thread you linked, ive never posted in it or really read it so I'm sure there are some moronic things being said in there if you took the time to link it :dunno:

I have said this over and over. Reggie Bush will put up substantially more Fantasy Points than Pierre Thomas in leagues that award pts per receptions. If the league also awards pts for special team performance he'll be even better.

I just don't see why Reggie is going after Pierre Thomas.

Reggie is going to get 175+ carries this year and another 90 or so targets from Brees(he was targeted 95 times in 2007).

Here is the math behind it.

In 2006 Reggie had 155 carries in 16 games. 10 carries a game.

In 2007 he had 157 carries in 12 games. 13 carries a game. Pace of 208 carries.

In 2008 he was on a pace for 198 carries before he got injured in week 7. 13 carries a game.

Do the math if you don't believe me. If he stays healthy he'll be a steal because he'll get 275+ touches (300 with PR). And the offense around him is more dangerous so Reggie will finally have some space. Pierre Thomas will lose touches and touchdowns to Reggie Bush. Bush's carries will go up to about 15 a game with another 95 targets in the passing game.

That's my take.

I have said this over and over. Reggie Bush will put up substantially more Fantasy Points than Pierre Thomas in leagues that award pts per receptions. If the league also awards pts for special team performance he'll be even better.

Reggie is going to get 175+ carries this year and another 90 or so targets from Brees(he was targeted 95 times in 2007).

In 2008 he was on a pace for 198 carries before he got injured in week 7. 13 carries a game.

Do the math if you don't believe me. If he stays healthy he'll be a steal because he'll get 275+ touches (300 with PR). And the offense around him is more dangerous so Reggie will finally have some space. Pierre Thomas will lose touches and touchdowns to Reggie Bush. Bush's carries will go up to about 15 a game with another 95 targets in the passing game.

That's my take.

:shocking:

You might have actually convinced me. What's the round to get Reggie in?

In 2006 Reggie had 16 games.

In 2007 he had 12 games.

In 2008 he got injured in week 7.

If he stays healthy.......

Is it Reggie Bust, or Reggie Busted?

:shocking:

I buy into what you're saying, but right now it takes quite a leap of faith to be able to trust Reggie to produce for a full 16 game season.

Damn, beat me to it.

That's my take.

these are good points, but i have one werd for you...

"microfracturesurgery"

guys who take a pounding like Bush does and are as reliant on cutback and speed as he is don't have a real good history with that procedure. I simply don't trust that knee to hold up to the rigors of a season.

It sounds like Pierre Thomas will be all right, but his getting hurt before the season even begins makes me question his durability.

these are good points, but i have one werd for you...

"microfracturesurgery"

guys who take a pounding like Bush does and are as reliant on cutback and speed as he is don't have a real good history with that procedure. I simply don't trust that knee to hold up to the rigors of a season.

Yup, see now this is where an injury is a concern. Where a significant injury results in a surgury that has lasting effects. Reacurring turf toe is another one. :shocking:

On the flip side, I could care less if so and so pulled a hammy in 2007 or rolled an ankle 10 months ago or whathaveyou. That stuff can happen to anybody at anytime.

The debbil is in the details. One of the reasons I don't mind drafting a S-Jax, but Bush kinda scares me. :thumbsup:

Is it Reggie Bust, or Reggie Busted?

:unsure:

I buy into what you're saying, but right now it takes quite a leap of faith to be able to trust Reggie to produce for a full 16 game season.

Reggie Bush will not play all 16 games. I predict the same sh!t to happen like last year; make it through seven weeks and the nagging injuries begin. It's already started with this calf injury that has kept him out of most of camp and the game against Houston. His knees also swell up after any hard practicing. They say he is going to play the first half of this weeks Oakland game. Bush is a huge high risk/reward player.

Pierre hurt his knee but it doesn't appear to be serious. Local reports here say he is wearing a brace and is a little gimpy. He may have a stinger.

I said it here first. New Orleans has a three headed monster going into the season at RB. Thomas/Bush/Bell

Bell is getting high praise from everyone.

http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2009/0...saints_bell.txt

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/...ning_bac_8.html

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20090826...58&tc=yahoo

You might want to draft Bell with one of those late round picks and see what happens.

Reggie Bush will not play all 16 games. I predict the same sh!t to happen like last year; make it through seven weeks and the nagging injuries begin. It's already started with this calf injury that has kept him out of most of camp and the game against Houston. His knees also swell up after any hard practicing. They say he is going to play the first half of this weeks Oakland game. Bush is a huge high risk/reward player.

Pierre hurt his knee but it doesn't appear to be serious. Local reports here say he is wearing a brace and is a little gimpy. He may have a stinger.

I said it here first. New Orleans has a three headed monster going into the season at RB. Thomas/Bush/Bell

You might want to draft Bell with one of those late round picks and see what happens.

A knee stinger? :unsure:

:music_guitarred:

You might have actually convinced me. What's the round to get Reggie in?

Average out CBS (59.6 overall 26th RB) and ESPN (67.3 overall 28th RB) and Reggie is the 63rd player taken overall and the 27th RB taken. So I'd target Reggie in the late 4th or early 5th rd. If you had an early pick in the 4th I'd probably wait on him and risk it hoping to slip him in at the bottom of the 5th. He'll go in the 6th early 6th if you don't reach for him.

And isn't that what the draft is all about reaching for players and grabbing players that fall? When I find myself going straight by the numbers and falling into line with the rest of my league I do worse. Trust me every time you take a player a round or two early there is some other owner saying "FOCK I really wanted him I should have got him last round, I shouldn't have waited".

Let me clarify what I said earlier. When I say Pierre Thomas will lose touches to Reggie I don't mean Pierre's touches will plummet but I do think he'll lose a lot of critical touches Red Zone touches to Reggie. I don't think Pierre Thomas will be a bust. In fact I can actually see his carries going up slightly as New Orleans focuses on the running game but his receptions and total yardage going down. I also think Mike Bell fits some of the plays that Deuce used to run better than Thomas and I could see Bell getting 50 carries that Thomas might get otherwise. Like I said I see New Orleans running even more than last year and passing less as a direct result of Reggie and Thomas being a solid 1-2 punch. But in that order. Reggie 1. Thomas 2.

yeah, now we have to remove PT from the list of "RB's who NEVAH get injured" and readjust our draft boards...crap.

there's a list of RB's who never get injured? Is it directly from God?......Vegas? Where is it?

i'm still not touchin Bush unless it's extreme value.

if anything this adds to PT's value. people will be scared to draft him and you can prolly get him a round later (got him in the 3rd in a draft a few days ago). all signs point to PT being fresh for the regular season. getting Bell late might not be a bad idea though.

Average out CBS (59.6 overall 26th RB) and ESPN (67.3 overall 28th RB) and Reggie is the 63rd player taken overall and the 27th RB taken. So I'd target Reggie in the late 4th or early 5th rd. If you had an early pick in the 4th I'd probably wait on him and risk it hoping to slip him in at the bottom of the 5th. He'll go in the 6th early 6th if you don't reach for him.

And isn't that what the draft is all about reaching for players and grabbing players that fall? When I find myself going straight by the numbers and falling into line with the rest of my league I do worse. Trust me every time you take a player a round or two early there is some other owner saying "FOCK I really wanted him I should have got him last round, I shouldn't have waited".

Let me clarify what I said earlier. When I say Pierre Thomas will lose touches to Reggie I don't mean Pierre's touches will plummet but I do think he'll lose a lot of critical touches Red Zone touches to Reggie. I don't think Pierre Thomas will be a bust. In fact I can actually see his carries going up slightly as New Orleans focuses on the running game but his receptions and total yardage going down. I also think Mike Bell fits some of the plays that Deuce used to run better than Thomas and I could see Bell getting 50 carries that Thomas might get otherwise. Like I said I see New Orleans running even more than last year and passing less as a direct result of Reggie and Thomas being a solid 1-2 punch. But in that order. Reggie 1. Thomas 2.

what makes you think this? seems to me PT is the much better "between the tackles" and GL back, and a pretty darn good receiver in his own right.

When I say Pierre Thomas will lose touches to Reggie I don't mean Pierre's touches will plummet but I do think he'll lose a lot of critical touches Red Zone touches to Reggie.

I'm confused. I thought this thread pertained to Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas. Reading this I obviously am mistaken.

what makes you think this? seems to me PT is the much better "between the tackles" and GL back, and a pretty darn good receiver in his own right.

Well by Red Zone I don't mean at the 2 and 3 yard line but certainly some of the passes and runs that Thomas was targeted for in the Red Zone last year will be Reggie's plays this year.

And look what CBS just reported today which is what I said about Bell eating into Thomas' carries.

Bell to cut into Thomas' carries? Updated 8/27/09

Thomas, Pierre RB NO Free Agent

News: Following his 10-carry, 100-yard performance against the Texans in the second week of preseason, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Saints coach Sean Payton sees RB Mike Bell as not only a likely No. 3 runner, but someone who can contribute in his offense too. Bell might force a three-pronged running attack for the Saints and could be a small but bullying inside runner to complement Pierre Thomas.

As a Pierre Thomas owner (Bush owner too), I feel better about PT sitting out for two more weeks to ensure his health for the regular season. A sprained MCL just needs rest, had plenty of them.

As for Mike Bell, not too concerned. People will be off the Mike Bell bandwagon once he goes for 12 carries, 5 yards in one of the next preseason games. I hate preseason hype.

I really miss the days of playing in 6 team leagues where you could get guys like DWill and Sjax on the same team... Who filled out the rest of the squad? Brees, Fitz, and Andre Johnson?

A sprained Medial Colateral Ligament is kinda serious. I am not drafting Pierre and will draft Mike Bell.....