Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Grim

Where is Ray Rice being taken in your draft?

I was wondering where Ray Rice was taken in your draft. With all the hype and talk that he is going to be the man in that backfield.

12 team PPR: Ray Rice 4.12 (me)

12 team PPR: Ray Rice 4.11

I was wondering where Ray Rice was taken in your draft. With all the hype and talk that he is going to be the man in that backfield.

I reached for him in my 10 team league at 5.06 Probably could have gotten him 2 rounds later, since my league isn't that tough and it didn't seem like anyone was that excited about him.

Early 5th in my 10 team keeper league (started over with keepers so it was a full draft).

We keep guys based on the round they are drafted originally so his potential for next year is a big reason he went a that early.

Ray Rice went at 6.3 in my 12-teamer last night. I was going to grab him at 5.9, but I decided to go with Knowshon Moreno instead. I'm wondering if Rice would have been the better choice, but I guess their both similar in terms of value at the moment.

10 team PPR autodraft: Ray Rice 11.7 - one pick before I would have grabbed him. May still try to swap a surplus receiver (A. Gonzalez or Berrian) for him. I have to say I'm shocked how far he fell in this league.

8.11 in a 12 team redraft last Sunday.

Just realized the only two RBs taken between 7.10 and 10.01 (26 picks) were mine - Rice and Donald Brown (9.02).

I almost feel guilty.

:alsonotreally:

5.1 and 7.8 in two 12 team (standard) drafts i did recently. I didnt draft him in either because i think it will be too much of a RBBC. That being said, the league where he went at 5.1 has many more knowledgeable drafters. I drafted out of 10th and 11th spots and one of my teams is stacked while the other is mediocre.

Last Saturday he went middle 6th round in both of my 10 team non PPR drafts. I am bummed that I waited and targeting him in middle 5th round in my last draft tomorrow as my number 2 back ! :dunno:

he went 4.08 in my last draft this week and went 5.01 in draft before that. :doh: i was hoping to get him later than that but didnt work...

i took him at 4.08 because he was highest RB left on my board and i needed RB's. i dont really like going into season with Rice being my RB2. I am fully prepared for a slow start to the season for me, but once Rice, Donald Brown and James Davis get rolling ill be in very good shape oh yea throw in Felix Jones and i have bunch of young backs ready to explode :dunno:

In the 12 team IDP GM Scratch draft with guys from this board, I took him at 4.4

In my local 10 team league I believe I got him in the 6th.

Needless to say, I'm a fan of Ray Rice this year.

I took him in my 10 team PPR league at 4.05. It was a reach but I know he would not have made it back to me. One of the owners on the end would have taken him.

To continue the recent trend, I took him at 4.07 tonight in a 12-teamer non-PPR after I saw 20 RB's go off the board in the first 40 picks. Had I not taken him there, slim pickins in the form of LJ, FWP, Benson, DWard, TJones (who I got later).

I think he fluctuates because a lot of people use older lists that put him down around the 35th RB or so, not the 20th where I feel he's sitting at this moment. Also, as people have noted above, the earlier the draft the lower he went. I really feel he's 4th round fodder right now, but if the Ravens come out with news that he'll be their featured back, he could climb even higher. After seeing him against Carolina in the 3rd preseason game (the only one that really matters), I was sold.

People are funny...they need to see a player do something before they'll draft him high. Peterson was about a 4th rounder his rookie year, Turner about the same last season. Those guys were given the rock and bam they went off.

Yeah his ADP has probably risen faster and higher than any other player.......went at 4.05 in my 10 team PPR tonight......I had targeted him at 5.07........ Should have known.......25th!!! year with mostly the same guys.

I snagged him in all three of my big $ drafts.

Everyone seemed keen on him but not as much as me. They must not come here.

I think he will be one of the S.O.D's.

In our 12 team auction league using 17 roster spots each, he was nominated with the 95th pick and I bought him for $19. He will be my no.3 RB behind LT2 and Pierre Thomas.