Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

07' Grant, 08' Hillis, 09'?

the last couple years there has been a back who has come outta absolutely nowhere, guys that werent even mentioned as possibilities preseason.

whose your guys pick this year for that outta nowhere guy

James Davis, Glen Coffee, guys like that are excluded from this, deeper then them

my prediction

Jalen Parmele, Bal

with all the hype surround Rice now, and his small frame an injury is not outta the realm of possibility, Mcgahee is bleh at best, and injury prone himself, and Mcclain is too fat now to be an every down back

so there you have mine, what are some of yours?

I'll toss my homer pick in the ring: Shonne Greene, RB, Jets (5'11" 227lbs)

Thomas Jones has not looked good this preseason. The dude is a physical specimen but he is so slow to the hole. Factor in that he's now post 30 and he's bound to have a let down. That will open the door for Shonne Greene as the smash back to Leon Washington's dash. Reports from camp are that Greene has looked good when healthy but he's had ankle and rib injuries during camp that kept him out the last 2 preseason games. When healthy he showed flashes of the talent that caused Jets to trade up for him in round 3. By the 2nd half of the season I'm thinking Greene will be the primary ball carrier.

That's just silly. Too many things going on there.

I'd say M. Goodson for the Panthers, just in case DWill goes down. It doens't look like Stewart is gonna be healthy anytime soon. Or maybe A. Peterson (CHI), since K. Jones just got lost for the season. If forte goes down, Wolfe is too small to carry the load.

Or maybe Just maybe. P. Hillis again! ;)

A couple other nominees from years past:

07 E. Graham

08 P. Thomas

This year? Maybe Arizona will try and get a running game going with Warner & Co. struggling to recapture the magic of last year. Beanie Wells?

07 E. Graham

08 P. Thomas

This year? Maybe Arizona will try and get a running game going with Warner & Co. struggling to recapture the magic of last year. Beanie Wells?

Yea but Beanie isnt coming out of obscurity.

id say '07 Ryan Grant '08 Pierre Thomas as the biggest out of nowhere surprises those years.

injuries played a big part in both getting their chances.

this year ill say.... Justin Forsett or Cadillac Williams :thumbsup:

id say '07 Ryan Grant '08 Pierre Thomas as the biggest out of nowhere surprises those years.

injuries played a big part in both getting their chances.

this year ill say.... Justin Forsett or Cadillac Williams :thumbsup:

I had Pierre Thomas in 07 also and he had a couple good games.

I actually had Thomas on my roster from week one as my Bush handcuff last year, as did some others

07 E. Graham

08 P. Thomas

Beanie doesnt qualify, he should be drafted in every league anyways

I had Pierre Thomas in 07 also and he had a couple good games.

I actually had Thomas on my roster from week one as my Bush handcuff last year, as did some others

Thomas had a much more comparable season to Ryan Grant's of 07 in terms of fantasy production. Hillis was good but not quite as good as Pierre was for fantasy owners. Pierre became a star down the stretch like Grant did in 2007.

Im sure a few people had Thomas but Im willing to say he went largely undrafted. Plus if I recall, alot of people were still drafting Duece last year?