Sign in to follow this  
Cuda1337

Who to start, to much talent or to much risk?

Just got done drafting the other night in my competitive family league. Now I personally think I have the best team by a lot, but I thought that the last two years and didn't win either time. Standard scoring 1pt ppr. 1qb 2rb 2wr 1 flex 1 te 1 k 1 d

QB: Eli Manning, David Garrard (I'm worried about these two)

RB: Frank Gore, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards, Eddie Royal

TE: Vinsanthe Schiancoe

Def: Miami

RB/WR I think I am potentially loaded at, but there are some risky players. Who do I start though in week 1?

Obviously Slaton/Gore and Colston/Bowe? Then Royal in the flex? But that leaves Pierre Thomas on the bench, as well as Ray Rice who could both be very good. Or maybe some other combination I haven't considered.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'd rather start Royal vs Cin than Bowe vs Bal. And if PT is healthy i would go with him vs Det. in the flex spot

i would go bowe/colston and gore/slaton/rice

IMO rice gets too many catches to not start in a PPR league, plus thomas may be out.

i wouldn't worry about bowe's matchup. he's your best receiver, start him

If it looks like Pierre will play, I think he's your best bet at flex. If not, then Rice, who probably a better bet to score a TD than Royal.

Bowe/Colston and Gore Slaton are obvious choices for me.

And I wouldn't be worried about having Garrard as your starting QB. He'll be solid, if unspectacular. And if he does stink it up, you have the RB/WR depth to make a move for an upgrade.