Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

pierre thomas

Bell gets most of the touches against eagles with thomas getting some carries. Over the course of the next 2 weeks we will hear rotoworld report thomas is starting to look his explosive self in practice. Sean peyton realizes why he gave the reigns to thomas last year and makes him the majorty share holder with bell on 3rd down situations.

Bell fumbling his starting job away is another possibility.

Bush will be the real drop out in this fantasy line up. Not thomas, no way. Too much potential there.

adding to it. This is the same situation as Colston vs moore last year. Colston took his time to come back sure, but he came back strong. Point being peyton like his starters and wont give away the starting jump unless PT looks gimpy and cant cut etc.

So lets hope he will come back healthy.

Bell gets most of the touches against eagles with thomas getting some carries. Over the course of the next 2 weeks we will hear rotoworld report thomas is starting to look his explosive self in practice. Sean peyton realizes why he gave the reigns to thomas last year and makes him the majorty share holder with bell on 3rd down situations.

Bush will be the real drop out in this fantasy line up. Not thomas, no way. Too much potential there.

Bell as 3rd Down? He wouldnt even play on 3rd down if Thomas was out for the year.

Thomas will remain the starter until he proves he's not as good as Bell. If you can afford to hold Bell on your bench a few weeks, he could come in handly later in the year. Oh, and Bush is a joke.

So what to do this week ? If PT practices and is cleared, and you own both guys. Start Bell ? Pierre ? Both ?

:thumbsup: At Philly? No way. Depending on the reports this week, I'd lean toward Bell another week.

adding to it. This is the same situation as Colston vs moore last year. Colston took his time to come back sure, but he came back strong. Point being peyton like his starters and wont give away the starting jump unless PT looks gimpy and cant cut etc.

So lets hope he will come back healthy.

Except Colston is far more talented than THomas.

Thomas is not exactly a special back...nor is Bell.

For now, while the injury lingers, Bell is a good play.

So what to do this week ? If PT practices and is cleared, and you own both guys. Start Bell ? Pierre ? Both ?

I've got both of them but I'm starting Fred Jackson.

I agree with this, esp. the first sentence or two.

I figure this will resemble what happened with Deuce last year. Pierre comes back limited this week; Bell gets majority of carries and has a good game but against Philly nothing like the Detroit stats. I wouldn't be surprised to see 80 yards on the ground and 1 TD with those being max numbers. Pierre carries for about 30 yards and does nothing else in Week 2. I almost wish he'd wait one more week; I drafted him in the late 4th and fear he'll aggravate the knee ala Willie Parker last year if he comes back too soon.

By week 3-4, if Pierre doesn't reinjure the knee and plays well, he'll probably relegate Bell to spot work -- not limited work, but work where Bell excels and can give Pierre some rest. If P.T. disappoints like he did early last year, then, like Deuce, Bell will see himself in the limelight. I don't see Bell being able to be a #1 back all year though; while he might resurrect his career in N.O., I don't expect a Rueben Droughns type rise from the ashes. The guady Detroit game stats nothwithstanding, Bell didn't catch a pass, didn't score a TD, and did have a fumble, so that seems to leave the door cracked open.

I really don't see this as a serious 3-headed RBBC with Bush any time soon though because 1) word is leaking his knee is still problematic and 2) Bush really is becoming just a high-profile and highly paid situational type back.

That means, for those that have both, Bell is essentially there for the entire year on your roster as the handcuff (and possible starter like he was this week) ? I don't dare drop Bell even if Thomas is back healthy, just in case he reaggravates the injury.

Normally I'd agree, but with the way Peyton has been on Bell's nuts, I have to think he wants to give him more carries. Maybe it's just motivation, but how much fellatio do you really need to give a backup to motivate the starter. He's been slurping Bell's jizz all preseason. I think he loves him. Do you think Peyton would let Bell do him in the butt? I do.

Sean peyton realizes why he gave the reigns to thomas last year and makes him the majorty share holder with bell on 3rd down situations.

Why the fock would Mike Bell become the third down back?

Have you ever actually watched him or Pierre Thomas play? Do you know what being a third down back entails?

What more did Mike Bell do than simply run through people?

“To be a runner, you have to be able to read what is being blocked and he does a good job of that. He’s pretty instinctive and he runs with an upright style so you see some collisions when he runs. But he is a guy that can put his foot in the ground and get north and south and cut back. He made a run in Houston – I know it was a preseason game – but when you look at that run a few times, it was pretty impressive. He has worked hard. To credit Mike Bell, he has come a long way from Denver, to Houston where he had an injury, and then patience last year when he was with us. He’s had a tremendous offseason and I couldn’t be happier for someone because he has worked hard at it.”

How much can Mike Bell challenge Reggie Bush for playing time when Pierre Thomas comes back?

“Each week a lot of it will depend on who we’re playing. The plan in regards to what we want to do with Reggie, that vision is pretty clear. It’s something that you guys have seen a lot of already. I think the better question would be how Pierre and Mike Bell – and I’m not drawing similarities between those two – but how do you work that rotation out? That’s something that we’re going to have to look at. A lot of it will be dependent on if Pierre is 100 percent. We think this is a week where he’s going to be able to come back. We’ll have to be smart with our personnel and our packages. We’ve been able to do that at receiver as well.

“I’m always looking at snaps and I’ll give you an example here – Marques Colston, 45 snaps; Devery Henderson, 43; Lance Moore 23; Robert Meachem, 29. Am I getting Robert Meachem enough snaps? That balance with those four players – all of them with different skill-sets – those are the things that are challenging for us and those are the things that we spend a lot of time on during the week, of trying to have enough personnel variety and feature some of the things that they do well. That same thing would apply to Pierre, Mike and Reggie. And yet you still don’t want to affect how a guy like Mike Bell runs – he’s a guy that gets stronger as the game goes on. We’ll see.”

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2...0Sept%2014.aspx

What I see is a lot of Pierre owners in denial and worried because of the draft pick they may have wasted on him.

Pierre is not some elite talent back who has been entrenched as a starter. He got his shot due to injury and was a nobody before last year. He could very well lose his spot if Bell stays healthy and runs well. Or at least be sharing carries quite a bit.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2...0Sept%2014.aspx

What I see is a lot of Pierre owners in denial and worried because of the draft pick they may have wasted on him.

Pierre is not some elite talent back who has been entrenched as a starter. He got his shot due to injury and was a nobody before last year. He could very well lose his spot if Bell stays healthy and runs well. Or at least be sharing carries quite a bit.

Pierre Thomas-RB- Saints Sep. 15 - 9:35 am et

Saints coach Sean Payton said "We think this is a week where [Pierre Thomas] going to be able to come back."

Thomas (sprained MCL) wanted to play last week also but was held out. Now he is no longer is the clear No. 1 running back as Payton said he'll compete for carries with Mike Bell. Thomas will do everything he can to get back on the field in Philadelphia and protect his job.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

i am one of the many unlucky Pierre and Bell owners out there. <_< i also own Bell and Bush in another league. As of right now Bush is the only one i feel comfortable starting. I know his role. he is going to get a few carries and probably 5-7 catches per game with chance at a score or 2. With Pierre coming back who knows who is going to get the majority of carries now??? :dunno:

by the way i wish fantasy sites would list Bush as a WR rather than RB :thumbsup:

I have Bell...drafted him just for game one while Beanie is still not the #1 guy to play in my flex.

I was actually hoping Pierre would be fine after this and go back to the starter so I could drop Bell.

I won't be playing him this week...it will be Caddy instead...but now I have to hold on to Bell until something happens here.

Been trying to package him with a WR to the Pierre owner just to upgrade elsewhere...so far no dice.

The perfect storm hit Pierre. Gets hurt before week 1. Week 1 they get the Lions at home. Of course Bell has a big game. They had to put 4 in the box and drop everyone else into coverage. :dunno:

I'm trying to trade to acquire PT right now. Its a long season. :pointstosky:

The perfect storm hit Pierre. Gets hurt before week 1. Week 1 they get the Lions at home. Of course Bell has a big game. They had to put 4 in the box and drop everyone else into coverage. :doublethumbsup:

I'm trying to trade to acquire PT right now. Its a long season. :pointstosky:

This my thought pattern as well. I didn't really have the roster space to add Bell when I had the chance and I'm not sweating it too badly. I do believe that Pierre is the more versatile everydown type of back and will show that once he gets healthy. I believe Bell will still get carries but that might be eating more into Reggie Bush's touches than PT's.

PT owners just have to be patient and let it play out.

This my thought pattern as well. I didn't really have the roster space to add Bell when I had the chance and I'm not sweating it too badly. I do believe that Pierre is the more versatile everydown type of back and will show that once he gets healthy. I believe Bell will still get carries but that might be eating more into Reggie Bush's touches than PT's.

PT owners just have to be patient and let it play out.

like Payton said, they have a plan for Bush so neither Pierre or Bell should impact Bush very much. When Pierre comes back they just need to make their mind up who to give the ball to. Pierre or Bell :P

actually hope they pick Bell because i have him in 2 leagues :wall:

Wishful thinking at best. Reggie is a boarderline RB1 in PPR leagues. Reggie's role hasn't changed since his arrival in NO, so it wouldn't be unfair to look at his average stats through the first 40 games. Reggie averages 40 yards rushing, 5.5 catches, 42 yards receiving, and a TD every two games. Excluding the points deducted for fumbles, that is on average 15.5 points a game, 248 points a season.

maybe i was wrong about reggie.

But damn it felt GOOD being right about PT..well atleast this weekl. :thumbsdown:

Hope there is plleeenty more where that came from. He showed every bit of the stud capability.

Here is to a healthy and a productive season..for PT owners.

Now excuse me while I fade away into the night drinking my chimay.

I honestly think when Payton goes back and looks at the tape, he has to see that Pierre Thomas is the more talented RB than Mike Bell. That was a good Buffalo defense that PT sliced through. I have both RB's on my roster but I still don't think it will be much of a time share between the PT and Bell.

Also, PT might of won over Payton and his teammates last week after he was reportedly sick as a dog before the game. Here's the rotoworld report.

Injured Saints TE Billy Miller revealed that Pierre Thomas was so sick before Sunday's game that "you would've thought he was on his deathbed."

Thomas didn't take part in pre-game warmups because he was "laid out in the training room underneath the stadium with two bags of IV and was tossing and turning with some weird moaning sounds." Sean Payton had vaguely questioned Thomas' reliability, but his inspiring performance should endear himself to his coach as well as his teammates.