Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

Switching sites during the season

Has anyone moved their league to another site mid-season? Our league has used Fanball for years and we've been really happy with it but this year it's just nothing but problems. Now that the season has started and it's being even more difficult to use, we may be looking to switch to another site. Any suggestions?

Has anyone moved their league to another site mid-season? Our league has used Fanball for years and we've been really happy with it but this year it's just nothing but problems. Now that the season has started and it's being even more difficult to use, we may be looking to switch to another site. Any suggestions?

My league was using fanball also and we made the switch last night. took some work but it is 1000percent better. I looked at the fanball site today and they sitll have the scoring messed up, but have the results as official.

Fanball sucks

we switched to myfantasyleague awsome site

Just switched today. Could not deal with Fanball any longer. They would not even respond to any customer service questions/problems. Had been with them about 10 years.

My league was using fanball also and we made the switch last night. took some work but it is 1000percent better. I looked at the fanball site today and they sitll have the scoring messed up, but have the results as official.

Fanball sucks

we switched to myfantasyleague awsome site

myfantasyleague gives 50% off of the price for leagues that switch. :thumbsup:

So, you're considering upgrading your league hosting service to MyFantasyLeague.com? Let us take 50% off for you.

If you've been running your fantasy football league with one of our competitors, you may not know what you're missing! To learn more, check out the following links for details about why we are a better choice for you and your league-mates compared to your current league management service:

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. CBSSports - We are less than half the price!

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. Fanball - We are much more reliable! :dunno:

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. AOL (FleaFlicker) - We have many more features!

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. Yahoo - We are accessible all year round!

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-foo...rade-to-mfl.php

God, I wish I would have not stuck with Fanball this year, but my money is already sunk and my league would have a fit if we tried to switch, they are not all tech. smart... but I can't wait to find a new site next year! I will say with all the problems we went through with fanball this weekend, things are starting to look up.... at least I hope so!

myfantasyleague gives 50% off of the price for leagues that switch. :thumbsup:

So, you're considering upgrading your league hosting service to MyFantasyLeague.com? Let us take 50% off for you.

If you've been running your fantasy football league with one of our competitors, you may not know what you're missing! To learn more, check out the following links for details about why we are a better choice for you and your league-mates compared to your current league management service:

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. CBSSports - We are less than half the price!

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. Fanball - We are much more reliable! :dunno:

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. AOL (FleaFlicker) - We have many more features!

MyFantasyLeague.com vs. Yahoo - We are accessible all year round!

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-foo...rade-to-mfl.php

MFL.com has one of the highest satisfaction ratings of any fantasy site. This is not based on any survey, but rather on reading what others have said in more than one post and in more than one forum, as well as personal experience.

MFL.com has one of the highest satisfaction ratings of any fantasy site. This is not based on any survey, but rather on reading what others have said in more than one post and in more than one forum, as well as personal experience.

I commished 3 MFL leagues last season. They are greta!

Fanball has just been atrocious this season. Before I even opened up the thread, I knew it was going to be about this.

1. They botched most of the draft process - going so far as to get rid of e-mail drafts in their "Real Leagues", which was one of their best features. The live draft room that they forced everyone to use was buggy, at best.

2. They announced that all drafts would be ended (and remaining rounds auto-picked) on Thursday evening (opening night). A couple days before that, they decided to move the deadline up to Wednesday morning with little notice (other than one post on the forums that no one reads). As a result, many leagues got the shaft.

3. After the draft debacle, they wouldn't/couldn't turn on FA pick ups until the afternoon before opening kickoff.

4. On opening night, live scoring was a catastrophe, as most people who went to check the scoring for their league, were given the scores for an entirely different league instead. And point values were messed up, as well - despite it being a relatively standard scoring league, players like Santonio Holmes were registering 70-80 points on some teams. Live scoring continued to be an issue through the weekend.

5. In some leagues, people were able to play all 15 of their players as starters, obviously making for some lopsided scores. I believe Fanball is working on this now. There were also other scoring issues, such as TD INT returns being scored incorrectly (how do you mess that up?)

6. As of this writing, waiver claims are currently disabled in all the leagues I'm in (two commissioner, two real leagues), while Fanball continues to sort out their mess.

And this is all in the pre-season/first week of the season.

Fanball used to be a really good site. I've been a member for years, and I have two money leagues with co-workers on the site; and I usually play 2 real leagues for fun. Already, my co-workers have decided that we're moving elsewhere next season, and the real leagues I'm involved in have said the same thing.

Maybe they'll have their crap straightened out eventually, but I would strongly recommend that everyone steer clear of them.

Going year 6 on Yahoo and I could'nt be happier. Their plus league is now $29.99. And live scoring and a few other features are free if you dont want to pay.

Well, looks like we're going to MFL. Fanball still hasn't fixed our roster problems and I don't anticipate them to do so. They're going down. I'll be surprised if they're still around in a few years. There's a thread on their forum where people are keeping track of how many people request their money back and it's not a short list. We'll be on there soon. Not sure if we'll get it but it's worth a shot. Screw 'em. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Much appreciated!