Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Mike Francessa says L Tomlinson is done as a 'Big Time Back'

I missed the game last night, but now I'm starting to worry.

I drafted Tomlinson with my first round pick in FF!

Time to trade him?

TIA

Well if Mike Francessa said it, it must be true.

I have absolutely no f'ing clue who Mike F is and I don't care.

Well if Mike Francessa said it, it must be true.

I have absolutely no f'ing clue who Mike F is and I don't care.

:thumbsup:

He is 30 and has had a ton of touches. The writting was all over the wall...... Same goes for LJ.

Are we talking about Mike Francessa now or LT? This thread is confusing as hell!

I had a 78-77 point lead last night with gates going on my team and LT going on the other guy's team. This usually means I lose since LT used to be money. LT was not in for the goal line play and sproles got the TD and I win the game by 1 point. Clearlt LT is falling fast. I should have lost, but I just dont fear a team starting LT anymore. I dont view LT as a top 10 back anymore.

I missed the game last night, but now I'm starting to worry.

I drafted Tomlinson with my first round pick in FF!

Time to trade him?

TIA

I was high on LT coming into the season. But after watching last night's game....he is done. No burst....couldn't make quick cuts....was routinely taken out on passing downs.

The sooner you dump him, the better.....and I'd take a high end RB3 for him.....Ray Rice....McFadden....but maybe you could score a Steve Slaton or Chris Johnson....or Kevin Smith.....someone who had a lackluster week 1.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd count him out yet, but not liking the coming situation of Sproles getting more into the action. I stayed away from LT just because of the concerns.

Please pass this along to Klimtology

Man, I hate to say it, but as a owner of LT (and with the handcuff of Sproles as well) I kinda wish he would just stay out. If he's still "kinda" healthy, or at least on the field Sproles and LT are both useless (FF wise anyway), I just wish it could be more clear cut. Should we go ahead and hold the funeral?

I'm not sure I'd count him out yet, but not liking the coming situation of Sproles getting more into the action. I stayed away from LT just because of the concerns.

Please pass this along to Klimtology

I didn't watch the game but I'm definitely concerned about LT this year. I was real optimistic and thought he would prove everyone wrong... I mean, he probably trains harder than anybody else but it may not matter anymore.

I'm not giving up on him yet but that's only because he's my first round pick.

he only needs 6600 more yards to catch the gretaest RB ever. :music_guitarred:

Didn't LT say when he came into the league that he'd only play x amount of years, until he was 30 or something?

yahoo:

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

He has at least 3 more seasons in him. He is a fighter.

He is 29. I think 32 is the usual age you see most running backs retire.

Next season is his 9th season. 12 seasons is about the limit.

He will break the rushing record and get at .least 1 Super Bowl ring in the process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you heard it here first, the best yahoo answer for LT is that he will get 2200 yards rushing each of the next 3 seasons!!

although if you go by ladaniantomlinson.info:

Their have been rumors out their in the world that L.T, yes Ladainian Tomlinson might retire after this year. He is in the path of breaking a rushing record but in order to do so he must stay active in the NFL for a couple more years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so now you have a 2nd opinion, LT will rush for 3300 yards this year and next and break the rushing record!!!

Trade for him NOW!

I owned him 2 years ago and didn't like the way he took himself out of the game, I have not owned him since. Put a fork in him.

he only got 13 carries and averaged 4.2 yards....

Sproles averaged 2.6 yards on 9 carries. Is he done too?

:shocking:

I'm not sure why anyone was high on him this season.

People should have watched his touches in preseason, instead of buying all of that ridiculous hype in the off-season.

He can't make people miss anymore, while also not being able to break tackles. After that, there really isn't much left.

He can definitely still be a decent RB for them to split carries with, but Sproles is just the better player right now, and has been for a while now.

And what the fock is the OP talking about? Does he really think someone is going to trade for LT? You might get Nate Burleson for him, if you're lucky.

he only got 13 carries and averaged 4.2 yards....

Sproles averaged 2.6 yards on 9 carries. Is he done too?

:unsure:

Watch the game next time, instead of memorizing the box-score.

I'm not sure why anyone was high on him this season.

People should have watched his touches in preseason, instead of buying all of that ridiculous hype in the off-season.

He can't make people miss anymore, while also not being able to break tackles. After that, there really isn't much left.

He can definitely still be a decent RB for them to split carries with, but Sproles is just the better player right now, and has been for a while now.

And what the fock is the OP talking about? Does he really think someone is going to trade for LT? You might get Nate Burleson for him, if you're lucky.

What if I own LT .............and Burleson? :unsure:

Then just stay put, you should be well on your way to an undefeated season.

Thanks Hank. That's what I figured I should do. Just ride it out.

Ride it out.

Well then, what else needs to be said....if Mike F said it, then it has to be the way it is.

Might as well just drop him outright and pick up Graham or some other #3 back.

So long LT...it was nice while it lasted.

:unsure:

I don't think that you can call him done after one road game in which he tweaked his ankle and he played against an inspired defense with some talent!

I thought people on this bored knew more about football than that. He will be fine. He plays for an explosive offense and will get most of the goal line looks. The only reason why Sproles got the late score is because LT's ankle was tightening up on him. It is not a trend. Don't get me wrong, Sproles will get some touches but do you expect a 5'6" RB to carry the load? If you would rather have Cedrick Benson or Julius Jones over him you are crazy. I expect 1400 and 15 TDs. Write it down and don't panic.

I don't think that you can call him done after one road game in which he tweaked his ankle and he played against an inspired defense with some talent!

I thought people on this bored knew more about football than that. He will be fine. He plays for an explosive offense and will get most of the goal line looks. The only reason why Sproles got the late score is because LT's ankle was tightening up on him. It is not a trend. Don't get me wrong, Sproles will get some touches but do you expect a 5'6" RB to carry the load? If you would rather have Cedrick Benson or Julius Jones over him you are crazy. I expect 1400 and 15 TDs. Write it down and don't panic.

Agreed.. this over reaction to one game is ridiculous... if it continues into the 3rd or 4th game.. than we have something to talk about

i get so sick of people taking the first opportunity to prove they are right... Sproles may be a better at making cuts than LT.. but thats because he is quick and tiny (hints why he returns punts)... but the better back?? i don't think that is even debatable... sproles isn't going to grind out tough yardage, he isn't going to get goaline carries, and he isn't going to block a 275lb pissed off LB who is coming to kill his QB

if LT has any lingering injuries throughout the year.. than we can talk about Sproles impact... but a little tweaked ankle that LT stayed out of the game as a precaution is no cause for all this non sense.. which btw i might add... he still had a 4.2 ypc with a tweaked ankle...

Watch the game next time, instead of memorizing the box-score.

I did.

Sproles was not great running the ball.

He is great in open space as a return guy and great out of the backfield.

He is a 3rd down back from them, not an every down back.

If you classify the Raiders as an inspired defense with some talent, then everyone on the Bolts' schedule except KC, CLE and maybe Denver qualifies as the same. The AFC North and NFC East are full of run stuffing defenses. On top of that, they match up against MIA and TEN. If that's your argument....that a defense just needs to be inspired and have some talent to slow LT.....then it's gonna be a loooooong year.

And I do see a trend. The guy never.....ever.....missed time due to injury. Two years ago he went through the entire season without much problem. The postseason was a different matter. Last year, despite not missing any games....until the postseason.....he was more nicked up than in previous years. This year he's already hobbled. He's got a ton of miles on his 30 year old legs.....it's just a matter of time before the wheels fall off.

Do I think he's completely useless? No. And I think he can still put up decent numbers because he has stretches in the schedule where he can capitalize. But his next three games BAL, MIA, @PIT will speak loudly to the fact that you just can't depend on him to post solid numbers no matter the opponent. He's a RB2, and as such, he'll be more dependent on the matchup than ever before.

This qualifies as the #1 over reaction thread!

Funny thing is half the people saying he is done are the same ones who proclaim NEVER to make assumptions based on 1 game... lol

I wouldn't expect anything from him next week against Bal, but he's got a cup cake schedule for the most part and will score double digit TD's this year with ease, IMO.

Sproles looked better than LT in every way.

Maybe LT just had a bad day and Sproles just had the game of his life; I am inclined to think not.....

Funny thing is half the people saying he is done are the same ones who proclaim NEVER to make assumptions based on 1 game... lol

I can't speak for everyone but I'm saying he's done based on more than just one game.

1. He's 30

2. Mileage

3. Coming off a down year.

4. Good backup

5. Sudden injury problems

And...finally

6. Struggling vs. Da Raiduhs

The first 5 made me pass on him in the draft and #6 just helped confirmed what I already thought. Like others have said though, he'll still have some good games this season but the LT we once knew is long gone.

This qualifies as the #1 over reaction thread!

I wouldn't expect anything from him next week against Bal, but he's got a cup cake schedule for the most part and will score double digit TD's this year with ease, IMO.

Really?

BAL, MIA, @PIT, DEN, @KC, OAK, @NYG, PHI, @DEN, KC, @CLE, @DAL, CIN, @TEN

KC and CLE are cupcakes. DEN,OAK,CIN are manageable. DAL is neutral. The rest are tough matchups.

If LT is gonna get his numbers this year, it'll have to come in a handful of games.

Really?

BAL, MIA, @PIT, DEN, @KC, OAK, @NYG, PHI, @DEN, KC, @CLE, @DAL, CIN, @TEN

KC and CLE are cupcakes. DEN,OAK,CIN are manageable. DAL is neutral. The rest are tough matchups.

If LT is gonna get his numbers this year, it'll have to come in a handful of games.

Yes, really. I would say Mia and Tenn are neutral as well so that leaves BAL, PIT, NYG and PHI. That's 4 tough games out 16... I would certainly say that qualifies FOR THE MOST PART!

Sproles looked better than LT in every way.

Maybe LT just had a bad day and Sproles just had the game of his life; I am inclined to think not.....

Sproles looked better in every way?

No...running the ball he did not.

He got stuffed...he was not that explosive in the run game.

he was better receiving for sure...and at this point is more explosive there.

But running the ball LT was better (not great, but better than Sproles running the ball).

Yes, really. I would say Mia and Tenn are neutral as well so that leaves BAL, PIT, NYG and PHI. That's 4 tough games out 16... I would certainly say that qualifies FOR THE MOST PART!

TN are not neutral.

They are a very good defense and good against the run.

I just guess I would expect a bit more than 50 yards and a TD going up against cupcakes.

SD's defense underperformed...yet again. If that continues, the Chargers will pass more....leading to more touches for Sproles.

And there's going to be a real chance folks bench LT this weekend against BAL. That fact alone signifies that LT days are numbered. When you start playing the matchups with a guy....he is no longer a 'Big Time Back'....and isn't that what we're talking about here?

Sproles looked better in every way?

No...running the ball he did not.

He got stuffed...he was not that explosive in the run game.

he was better receiving for sure...and at this point is more explosive there.

But running the ball LT was better (not great, but better than Sproles running the ball).

We can agree to disagree.... :dunno:

I just guess I would expect a bit more than 50 yards and a TD going up against cupcakes.

SD's defense underperformed...yet again. If that continues, the Chargers will pass more....leading to more touches for Sproles.

And there's going to be a real chance folks bench LT this weekend against BAL. That fact alone signifies that LT days are numbered. When you start playing the matchups with a guy....he is no longer a 'Big Time Back'....and isn't that what we're talking about here?

If his ankle was not and issue and he was practicing all week, I would not bench him against Balt.

With the other considerations...he may see my bench this week.