Sign in to follow this  
mdm_1971

who takes mcnabbs place

since garcia knows the system would they dare start him this week or will they go with kolb unless kolb struggles? i think garcia makes the most sense

well i think mcnabb could play but everything i been reading is that he might not play till after the bye week........if he doesnt play who get the start?

well i think mcnabb could play but everything i been reading is that he might not play till after the bye week........if he doesnt play who get the start?

where are you reading this? i've been looking for info, one way or the other

where are you reading this? i've been looking for info, one way or the other

It would make sense that if he wasn't going to play this week, that they waited until after their Week 4 bye week, mainly because they play Kansas City in Week 3.

Kolb will start. If he's struggling badly, they may go to Garcia at half time or something like that, but as of today Kolb is expected to start in Week 2.

It's very doubtful that McNabb will be playing this week, although they might list him as the emergency QB.

Kolb will start. If he's struggling badly, they may go to Garcia at half time or something like that, but as of today Kolb is expected to start in Week 2.

It's very doubtful that McNabb will be playing this week, although they might list him as the emergency QB.

This is correct. If it was the playoffs or later in the season, McNabb may play. But in Week 2 and having a bye in Week 4, it makes too much sense to let McNabb rest for 3 weeks and hopefully have him ready for Week 5. Kevin Kolb will start this week but will be on a short leash I have to believe. Reid and Morningweg have plenty of confidence in Garcia and wouldn't hesitate to go to him.

No Eagles QB is a good fantasy start this week though, even against the awful Saints defense. Westbrook and Celek would probably be the only offensive players I'd use this week because Kolb will be checking down short a lot I have to believe. McCoy should get some touches too but he isn't quite fantasy relevant yet.

Just got an e-mail update from Gary Cobb. He said it sounds like Andy Reid is thinking McNabb might declare himself able to play by the end of the week.

That being the case, McNabb can't be ruled out completely yet for the Saints game. If he doesn't play though, Kolb will start. Kolb is taking all the first team reps in practice this week.

Just got an e-mail update from Gary Cobb. He said it sounds like Andy Reid is thinking McNabb might declare himself able to play by the end of the week.

That being the case, McNabb can't be ruled out completely yet for the Saints game. If he doesn't play though, Kolb will start. Kolb is taking all the first team reps in practice this week.

Who is Gary Cobb, and how are you getting email updates from him?

Who is Gary Cobb, and how are you getting email updates from him?

He's a former NFL player (played for the Eagles and Cowboys). Now he's basically more of a member of the sports media in Philadelphia. He's sometimes on the local sports station here and local TV stations.

He does run his own website though (GCobb.com) that gives updates on the Eagles on a weekly basis throughout the season. I can't remember the last time I actually visited the site, but if you become a member you automatically receive email updates from him.

The latest on McNabb is this:

Reid says McNabb keeps improving

Reid added during his Friday press conference that, "[McNabb] felt a little better today ... it's hard because he made improvements every day here so you don't know exactly where he'll be by that time."

Reid said he couldn't recall a week in which McNabb didn't practice then went out and played on Sunday. Reid added, "I think where he is in his career, he can do that."

Best news of all? McNabb's ribs are now "sticky" in Reid's estimation.

"I think it's sticky," Reid noted. "When they start feeling better, that's normally a sign that's happened."

McNabb is listed as "Doubtful" though, and Kolb will start if McNabb doesn't play.