Sign in to follow this  
Cal_Fan_AG

Pick 2 for Week 2

Jamal Lewis @ Den

Barber v. NYG (has not performed well against G-men in the past)

Tomlinson v. Bal (looks like he might sit out)

Addai @ Mia

Fast Willie @ Chi (w/o Urlacher and LB Tinoisamoa)

Michael Bush @ KC

And which 2 have the highest ceiling for week 2? I think barber's best this week is 70/1td, lewis 90 (pass+rush)/2td. No idea what to make of the other guys ceilings.

As the smart play, I think Lewis and Barber are my pick, though worried Barber has a final line of 50/0. But if I wanted to play it risky I might sub Bush for Barber and hope for 1-2 goalline td's out of Bush. Pretty sure on Lewis (who put up 100+ total yds v. Minny last week) - Den run def looked awful against ced-ben last week.

I'll rank these

1. Lewis - hard to believe but I like the matchup...

2. Addai & Barber- I think these guys are similiar in numbers, but not in style of play of course... they are getting goal line carriers and the better end of RBBC ...both have tough matchups -- 80 yards from scrimmage and a TD?

4. Bush - watched MNF -- raiders are committed to the run it looks like and Bush is talented-- he gets the low-end of the RBBC

5. LT - injury...i'd stay away for this week.

6. FWP - didn't watch the game, but the numbers say he's done for -- i'd consider dropping him

Jamal Lewis @ Den

Barber v. NYG (has not performed well against G-men in the past)

Tomlinson v. Bal (looks like he might sit out)

Addai @ Mia

Fast Willie @ Chi (w/o Urlacher and LB Tinoisamoa)

Michael Bush @ KC

And which 2 have the highest ceiling for week 2? I think barber's best this week is 70/1td, lewis 90 (pass+rush)/2td. No idea what to make of the other guys ceilings.

As the smart play, I think Lewis and Barber are my pick, though worried Barber has a final line of 50/0. But if I wanted to play it risky I might sub Bush for Barber and hope for 1-2 goalline td's out of Bush. Pretty sure on Lewis (who put up 100+ total yds v. Minny last week) - Den run def looked awful against ced-ben last week.

Thanks for the help with mine

I am not a fan of J. Lewis, I think he is going to lose his job before the year is over, also I think Denver is a little more stingy on Defense than they have been in the past. Not to say they are Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Baltimore, but better. However.....with the options you have this week I think the others are right in starting him. I agree with cal_fan in that FWP is done for. He looked horrible in week one, and I definitely wouldn't use him against Chicago. LT is likely out, and I think Bush is too big a risk to play. that leaves Barber and Addai.....NYG defense looked stout in week one, and he is splitting carries with Jones and Choice. So....I think Addai should be your other starter, he has a rookie on his tale as well, but I think for now he is the trusted guy and the Colts should be able to run quite a bit since they will likely have large lead.

Tough decision here:

I think the clear starter is Addai. He'll be good for 70 yds rushing 25 rec. and 1TD

Now the tough part. I would lean towards Barber. Because you'll know going in you have a shot for a TD. Not too confident on Barber's yards. But I'd rather have TD's.

I don't like Lewis evethough he's facing Denver. I think Lewis gains more yards but no TD's. Quinn and the offense doesn't move the ball very well.

Here's mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=350632

Thanks for mine.

I'd go with Barber; will not pile up huge yards, but he will get in the endzone at home against the Giants. As for the other start, I think its a toss up between Jamal and FWP, with a slight edge to Lewis. The time to play Lewis is now, before he gets hurt or loses his job. Denver is lousy and so I think Jamal's upside for this game is higher than the other backs you've listed.

One person you should not consider at all is Bush. I love the guy, but Fargas may be back this week, and the Raiders have made it clear that DMAC is the starter with either Bush or Fargas backing him up on a week to week basis. The odd man out will see NO carries unless there is an injury. Fargas is an Al Davis favorite (and hence, a Coach Cable favorite), so if he is healthy, Bush could be riding the bench the whole game despite the fact that he is arguably the best RB on the whole team.

I'd go with Barber and Addai.

I just can't advise anyone to play Jamal Lewis no matter the matchup. I just think he will lose his job this year very soon. He is no longer a good nfl RB.

Bush is in way too big of a timeshare to be considered I believe.

FWP is another guy who I think will lose his starting nod very soon. Moore already plays on all 3rd downs and passing downs.

LT is the wild card. I doubt he plays or plays much so I'd probably let him sit this week.