Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

LeSean McCoy vs. OAK

Is there any chance the Eagles rest Westy after getting way ahead in the first half, giving McCoy a shot at having a huge week 6?

Any homers have a take?

Or will Westy stay in all 4 quarters and have the better game?

I expect the Eagles to win easily by a score of something like 31-10. If they go up early like the Giants last week, it wouldn't surprise me to see McCoy get the majority of the touches and for Kolb to play a quarter or more. The thing about Reid though is he rarely runs out the clock, even when the Eagles are up big, so I don't see McCoy getting more than 15 carries but he could do some damage as a receiver. If I had to guess, I'd put him down for maybe 75 total yards (50 rushing, 25 receiving) and possibly a TD.

There is definitely a chance. See Bradshaw's stats from last week. Heck, I am probably going to bench Bradshaw for McCoy this week.

he definitely a shot at a huge week. Westbrook doesn't seem to eager to get out of games early though, no matter what the score, so I don't think McCoy will get more carries if Philly goes up. But he is going to get half the carries and could easily break off a huge run or catch in that time.

Im starting him this week and hoping for 100 total with a touch

id say thats a pretty good call :unsure: You would expect the Eagles to win easily and rest Westbrook. But they are in almost a 50/50 time share already so he should get enough touches to put up some good numbers no matter what score.

i would not really want to be a Westbrook owner right now. I would probably take him if trade was right but i wouldnt give too much for him.

last week against a not very good TB defense 6 carries for 18 yards and TD with longest run 7 yards :doublethumbsup: 2 catches for 17 yards :thumbsdown:

I'm not really a fan of the "let's start the backup RB against a bad team because his team will be up big and they'll rest the starter" theory

Remember Chester Taylor vs. the Lions?

Edit: And whoever said it's a 50/50 timeshare with Westbrook/McCoy is completely wrong

I'm not really a fan of the "let's start the backup RB against a bad team because his team will be up big and they'll rest the starter" theory

Edit: And whoever said it's a 50/50 timeshare with Westbrook/McCoy is completely wrong

i didnt say its a 50/50 timeshare. i said,

But they are in almost a 50/50 time share already so he should get enough touches to put up some good numbers no matter what score.

i think its a good call on a possible sleeper and he has a good chance to succeed. :thumbsup:

Last week they each had 6 carries, and two receptions a piece.

I'm not saying I agree there will be a 50/50 split (only time will tell), I am just pointing out the numbers.

i have to play both because brown is on a bye so i am crossing my fingers that they get me a td a piece..... and i would like to se 5 catchs 100 total yards will be nice from both as well..... ppr league

I guess so, except that all the stats so far this year point to me being completely right

THE NEWS

Head coach Andy Reid stated that Brian Westbrook and rookie LeSean McCoy will continue to share playing time in the Eagles' backfield, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

OUR VIEW

Westbrook is recovering from a foot ailment, and Reid will continue to split the workload until the veteran feels good again. McCoy saw more action than Westbrook in Week 5, and is worth targeting if dangling on the waiver wire in fantasy leagues - especially if you have Westbrook. The timeshare will also result in less punishment for Westbrook, who turned 30 in September.

fanball.com

The stats so far this year don't show it being a 50/50 split.

Game 1 - Westbrook 16 touches, McCoy 10

Game 2 - Westbrook 16 touches, McCoy 9

Game 3 - Westbrook DNP

Game 4 - Westbrook's first game back

THE NEWS

Head coach Andy Reid stated that Brian Westbrook and rookie LeSean McCoy will continue to share playing time in the Eagles' backfield, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

OUR VIEW

Westbrook is recovering from a foot ailment, and Reid will continue to split the workload until the veteran feels good again. McCoy saw more action than Westbrook in Week 5, and is worth targeting if dangling on the waiver wire in fantasy leagues - especially if you have Westbrook. The timeshare will also result in less punishment for Westbrook, who turned 30 in September.

fanball.com

Yeah, if Westbrook is still hurting they will split time. But if he is close to 100% (as he's hardly ever fully 100%) he will get the majority of the carries. Besides, the Eagles are a passing team so even getting 50% of a limited amount isn't really much. But if Westbrook is still banged up, which of course is a good possibility, then McCoy may get 50% of the touches.

McCoy looks awful out there. Whiffing on pass protection and dropping checkdowns <_<

Did Westbrook have a catch for negative 12 yards?

because that is what cbssports.com is saying... I find it hard to believe, but I'm not watching the game.

Holy crap I never saw this coming. But like I said in an earlier thread... Every season, I mean EVERY f*cking season, the Raiders rise up and pull a game out of their asses that they have no business winning.

It just shows what a waste this club is...