Sign in to follow this  
SportsNutz

New England Weather Looks Bad

Latest forecast out of Boston calls for rain with 15 to 25 mph winds (gusting up to 40 mph) this afternoon. Would you bench Welker for MSW in a ppr league or do you think that short passes to Welker all day would work?

Thanks!

'Nutz

Latest forecast out of Boston calls for rain with 15 to 25 mph winds (gusting up to 40 mph) this afternoon. Would you bench Welker for MSW in a ppr league or do you think that short passes to Welker all day would work?

Thanks!

'Nutz

I decided to bench Welker for MSW in a non-PPR. I'm worried that I'll regret it, but my thinking is that with the rain and wind (I've seen reports of up to 50 mph gusts), the Titans won't have to be as worried about deep passes, and will be able to jam up the shorter and intermediate routes more so than if they had to double Moss on deep routes all day.

Not so fast, I would think Brady would be able to hit Welker on quick hits that might go an extra 20 yds due to weather. Would you want to try and tackle that little waterbug in that crap? BENCH WITH EXTREME CAUTION ! :doublethumbsup:

The weather will be a factor in this game, but I think that TEN having most of their starting secondary will be a bigger factor. I would downgrade Moss a little and upgrade Welker, particularly in a PPR league.

I am heading to the game shortly, so you can upgrade me as well. :thumbsup:

Not so fast, I would think Brady would be able to hit Welker on quick hits that might go an extra 20 yds due to weather. Would you want to try and tackle that little waterbug in that crap? BENCH WITH EXTREME CAUTION ! :thumbsup:

i agree... plus the little quick hits will probably be in the game plan more if the weather is crappy... just speculation on my part... welker is one of those players who you have to start every week because he ALWAYS gets his... he is just perfect for what the patriots do... sure his TDs will be low... but he gets 6 rec and 100 yds every week it seems

FWIW - late game, and the weather will be improving by 4:15 pm (relative to how bad it will be at 1 pm).

FWIW - late game, and the weather will be improving by 4:15 pm (relative to how bad it will be at 1 pm).

I don't think so. The local forecasts are showing it will be the worst during the game. It has only just started to rain hard.

Argh!!! I hate it when weather dictates your line-up. Fatboy is correct, the weather is supposed to get worse as the afternoon wears on. If these winds do howl, this is going to be a low scoring, field position type of game. I definitely would have second thoughts on Moss, but Welker always seems to get his no matter the game situation. This is why I am having such difficulty with this situation.

Thanks all so far with the responses!

'Nutz

Un-f'ing believable...

I've been PSYCHED all week for my dream matchup - NE WR R. Moss vs. the dreadful TEN pass defense. Then Mother Nature has to come in with a Nor'Easter, and ruin it for me!

I currently am SITTING NE WR R. Moss for HOU WR K. Walter.

"In other news" - I am keeping all of my GB players in my starting line-ups, though - and there will be 17 to 18MPH winds in Green Bay...

Am I over-reacting to the NE weather??? :dunno:

MSW should start over welker regardless of weather.

your full of good ones today :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

Un-f'ing believable...

I've been PSYCHED all week for my dream matchup - NE WR R. Moss vs. the dreadful TEN pass defense. Then Mother Nature has to come in with a Nor'Easter, and ruin it for me!

"In other news" - I am keeping all of my GB players in my starting line-ups, though - and there will be 17 to 18MPH winds in Green Bay...

Am I over-reacting to the NE weather??? :shocking:

Yikes! :shocking:

Oh, boy... :cry:

AWFULLY familiar to LAST WEEK, when I left ATL RB M. Turner on the bench, for BAL RB W. McGahee!!! :mad:

At least it looks like I'll still win the week. I'm up 63 to 45. My players alive: K. Moreno, G. Olsen and SD KCR. His players: CHI QB, CHI WR E. Bennett. (He started Calvin Johnson, Vernon Davis and DAL KCR!) :wall:

Un-f'ing believable...

Am I over-reacting to the NE weather??? unsure.gif

Oh, boy... :mad:

AWFULLY familiar to LAST WEEK, when I left ATL RB M. Turner on the bench, for BAL RB W. McGahee!!! :cry:

At least it looks like I'll still win the week. I'm up 63 to 45. My players alive: K. Moreno, G. Olsen and SD KCR. His players: CHI QB, CHI WR E. Bennett. (He started Calvin Johnson, Vernon Davis and DAL KCR!) :wall:

UPDATE: Oh - Another week 6 "Whoops..." I played SEA WR N. Burleson at my FLEX spot, instead of BAL RB R. Rice, who was going up against "the Williams' wall." That didn't out too well... :doh:

BUT - again, I'm up 115 to 57, and should win that league, too! :cry: