Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Ray Rice.........

He is a arrogant egotistical kid, but he has loads of talent, just don't rule out this becoming a RBBC again. As the weather starts to get cold and messy, I could see McGahee's role increasing again, with getting equal carries (but not touches) to Rice, and he will still receive most of the red zone work.

Hmm...pls share more re how he is so much more arrogant than the average RB/WR...especially Mcgahee.

AND your other point about Willis reemerging is absolutely correct and I think most in this thread realize it. Willis' role has diminished a bit, but he still will get the majority of GL touches (I think Rice/McClain will get a good amount too btw).

Rice started out as a low #2 back in the preseason rankings, and now that he has more-than-proved-himself he is a mid-low #1 (meaning Top 6-12). Mcgahee has 5+ TDs still left in him this year and no yardage-related bonuses. Rice has a minimum another 5 TDs left in him too along with gaggles of yards. Rice is a legit top back even with Willis taking a bunch of scores away going fwd.

if we could come up with one nickname i well go with it, until then

ray ray is my god :unsure:

It's Ray "Long Gain" Rice

Luckily, I have ADP and Rice :music_guitarred:

P Manning

A Peterson

Turner

Colston

V Jackson

Ochocinco

with Ray Rice as my backup RB :music_guitarred:

I got to franchise Turner this year with my 6th pick, next year I get to franchise Rice with my 7th. My team next year might be just as scary as this year's team.

Now if Willis were to get hurt that's a different story. If that happened then I think Rice is top 5 - as it is right now I would guess top 15 maybe.

I am glad he's on my team but I don't think he's a automatic start. I actually haven't started him yet this year.

This explains your bitterness, the fact that you've yet to start him (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????). But how can you say as it is right now you would guess top15 maybe???? Even WITH McGahee stealing all his TDs through the first 3-4 weeks, Rice is currently leading the league in yards, has scored 3 TDs, and is on pace for nearly 100 receptions. He's #2 in my 1/2 PPR league. If you've actually watched any of the games, McGahee is the type of back to plod through the line, take a hit, and fall forward to pick up 3-5 yards. Rice is explosive. He can pick up tough yards, break tackles, make people miss, out run the secondary, and catch passes out of the backfield. The dude really is a special talent. The quote from Jim Harbaugh about him being even more talented than they thought is very telling as to his workload. He'll be in on pretty much all passing downs, and should get about 50-70% of the rushing workload (which in Baltimore is plenty). Sure McGahee will vulture some TDs, but I can't see anything less than a 1,500 yard, 70 catch, 8+ TD season from Ray Rice.

It's Ray "Long Gain" Rice

That's OK...I prefer to go with a play on a rice product...

Ray Rice-A-Runi

This explains your bitterness, the fact that you've yet to start him (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????). But how can you say as it is right now you would guess top15 maybe???? Even WITH McGahee stealing all his TDs through the first 3-4 weeks, Rice is currently leading the league in yards, has scored 3 TDs, and is on pace for nearly 100 receptions. He's #2 in my 1/2 PPR league. If you've actually watched any of the games, McGahee is the type of back to plod through the line, take a hit, and fall forward to pick up 3-5 yards. Rice is explosive. He can pick up tough yards, break tackles, make people miss, out run the secondary, and catch passes out of the backfield. The dude really is a special talent. The quote from Jim Harbaugh about him being even more talented than they thought is very telling as to his workload. He'll be in on pretty much all passing downs, and should get about 50-70% of the rushing workload (which in Baltimore is plenty). Sure McGahee will vulture some TDs, but I can't see anything less than a 1,500 yard, 70 catch, 8+ TD season from Ray Rice.

I know I'm crazy, I admit that. Not bitter though.

I had him in my line up all week and pulled him last second. I went against my gut. It won't happen again.

And I will be starting Rice every week going forward I think.

Also, this past weekend was the first time I watched him for a whole game, I live in MN.

The guy is unreal and I'm very happy I have him. We keep one player in my league and I will probably be keeping him.

I wish they would use him like the Jags use MJD - Rice would be number 1

Brady

S-Jax, Rice, Mendenhall, PT, D. Brown

Megatron, Boldin, Welker, Jennings, MSW

So here is a question for you. First, I am an ecstatic owner as most on here seem to be. I am in a 12 team, 8 player keeper league and can only keep 2 RB's going into next season. While I know this season is far from over, what two would you keep going into 2010?

MJD

PT

Rice

also have McCoy, but at this point he does not appear to have much value (who knows by years end though).

I am currently 1st overall, playing 2 games per week I'm at 10-2. So looking at next year would it be PT I try to move?

You have to keep MJD and Rice. I was skeptical of Rice this year, but with McGahee gone next year Rice will probably be a consensus top 5 pick in redrafts.

That's OK...I prefer to go with a play on a rice product...

Ray Rice-A-Runi

The best use of Rice-a-roni was Chris Berman referring to MLB player Royce Clayton as Royce-a-roni Clayton, San Francisco Treat... when he played for the SF Giants.

I like "Long Gain" for Ray... 'cos that's the only way he's getting in the endzone. And I'm ok with that.