Sign in to follow this  
Terpnut 5

Turner is retarded

How do guys like Turner have a job coaching in the NFL. Why would you take LT out, who's been running well, and have Sproles try to run it in in short yardage? I have no problem if he decides to throw in that spot but that was just plain bad coaching. I'm starting to think there's an issue with LT and idiot boy Norv. Who names their kid Norv anyway? At least LT looks good. Give him the damn ball, it ain't heavy and Sproles is nothing more than a return guy scat back.

Don't you EVER knock pocket rocket!

How did that first round pick on LT play out in 2009 for you? What did he get tonight - 11 points? That's a high!

I still can't believe people wasted 1 and 2 picks for him I wouldn't trade you Cadillac for him.

Norv has always been a terrible head coach and his tenure in San Diego is no different. LT did look good tonight, but got too few chances. The playcalling was completely devoid of any sense of purpose. Tomlinson was clearly ready to put on a show, but they didn't feed him the rock. When will they learn to compensate for their lack of good defense by controlling the clock on offense? Where the fock is Marty Schottenheimer when you need him? He would at least understand that if you keep pounding Tomlinson, controlling the clock, that will shorten the game and lessen the impact San Diego's crappy defense has on the outcome.

LT had 11 carries for 33 yards when I went to sleep. The announcers kept saying he was just one step away from breaking a big run, must be the step he's lost. Sproles would have broken some of those.

Norv has always been a terrible head coach and his tenure in San Diego is no different. LT did look good tonight, but got too few chances. The playcalling was completely devoid of any sense of purpose. Tomlinson was clearly ready to put on a show, but they didn't feed him the rock. When will they learn to compensate for their lack of good defense by controlling the clock on offense? Where the fock is Marty Schottenheimer when you need him? He would at least understand that if you keep pounding Tomlinson, controlling the clock, that will shorten the game and lessen the impact San Diego's crappy defense has on the outcome.

What are you talking about? Norv has three playoff wins as SD coach in just two seasons, while that old bastard Marty as SD coach had none in 5 seasons. Isn't that solid proof the Chargers made the right move in changing coaches? The bottom line is LT was ran into the ground by Marty in that 06 season, another one where Marty's team were one and done in the postseason as a #1 seed, and now we are seeing the fallout from that that crazy workload he gave LT. It doesn't help that LT is older, but at least Norv is trying to keep him fresh, and really he should be using a great talent like Sproles even more. As a owner of LT maybe you want Marty, but as a Chargers fan I want Norv, cause he actually won in the playoffs.

LT had 11 carries for 33 yards when I went to sleep. The announcers kept saying he was just one step away from breaking a big run, must be the step he's lost. Sproles would have broken some of those.

Are you Serious??? Sproles goes down when someone breathes on him. Defenders don't arm tackle him - they look at him and he crumbles. What does he weigh..... a buck sixty.....

that's how he runs. Sproles is a scat back/special teamer. Lt has not had the blocking this year. SD's problem is 70% poor oline work, 20 terrible play calling, 10% LT's health

Two points:

1. LT is finished. He is still an NFL caliber back, but no longer a stud. Hell, he's not the best back on his team and wouldn't be the best back on most NFL teams. He'd still be the best back on Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, and Arizona. By next year, he may not even make an NFL team. The decline is swift for running backs.

2. I'm certainly not bragging that 'I told you so". I was all set to take him in the first round this year but the owner before me grabbed him. I was pissed, since I thought he was going to have a huge return-to-form this year. Whatching last night's game, I can see I was way off base about him. He got most of his yardage when Rivers threw him that two-handed pass, but he didn't out-run anyone or make anyone miss. Any high school player would have gained the same yardage.

maybe i was watching a different game, but i thought LT looked good last night. there were a couple of runs where i thought the old lt would have made an extra guy miss, but it wasn't as bad as some of you make it out to be. i thought the only reason he didn't have a huge game was cause SD just wasn't using him enough.

Don't you EVER knock pocket rocket!

How did that first round pick on LT play out in 2009 for you? What did he get tonight - 11 points? That's a high!

I still can't believe people wasted 1 and 2 picks for him I wouldn't trade you Cadillac for him.

check my team in the sig, worked out pretty well for me actually considering he doesn't start. may have lost a step but he's a solid bye week filler.

As far as sproles, yeah he's fun to watch on kick returns but is not a guy that's capable of more than 10 touches a game. just doesn't have the power to run between the tackles. something SD must do if they want to start winning football games. amazing that norvis hasn't figured out they need to run the ball. I don't care if they get 3 yards a pop, they need to run the ball. and where were the draws or middle screens with all the backer pressure denver was bringing? that was flat out bad coaching. one thing I will say about LT, dude can't block

Two points:

1. LT is finished. He is still an NFL caliber back, but no longer a stud. Hell, he's not the best back on his team and wouldn't be the best back on most NFL teams. He'd still be the best back on Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, and Arizona. By next year, he may not even make an NFL team. The decline is swift for running backs.

2. I'm certainly not bragging that 'I told you so". I was all set to take him in the first round this year but the owner before me grabbed him. I was pissed, since I thought he was going to have a huge return-to-form this year. Whatching last night's game, I can see I was way off base about him. He got most of his yardage when Rivers threw him that two-handed pass, but he didn't out-run anyone or make anyone miss. Any high school player would have gained the same yardage.

sproles is by no means the better back.. LT looked great last night, but the Chargers play calling was horrendous.. LT was the only consistent thing that was productive in their offensive... they need to use him more for that balance or else teams are just going to blitz the ###### out of Rivers and win like the Broncos did... lets see how LT does after his 2nd game of being full healthy when they play the Chiefs... you can't judge him based on one game... after 3 or 4 games of 100% health.. than the picture will become more clear

sproles is by no means the better back.. LT looked great last night,

Wow, seriously? I thought he looked 50 years old. Very slow and no longer elusive.

In fact, I heard that LT was finally healthy last night (which seems to be a recurring statement since training camp) and was anxious to see how he looked. He looked very pedestrian. I guess I'm spoiled by how amazing he used to be.

What are you talking about? Norv has three playoff wins as SD coach in just two seasons, while that old bastard Marty as SD coach had none in 5 seasons. Isn't that solid proof the Chargers made the right move in changing coaches? The bottom line is LT was ran into the ground by Marty in that 06 season, another one where Marty's team were one and done in the postseason as a #1 seed, and now we are seeing the fallout from that that crazy workload he gave LT. It doesn't help that LT is older, but at least Norv is trying to keep him fresh, and really he should be using a great talent like Sproles even more. As a owner of LT maybe you want Marty, but as a Chargers fan I want Norv, cause he actually won in the playoffs.

Norv is a loser coach... That is not an opinion, that is a fact. Every team he has head coached, he has made worse and he has a losing record over all. You Chargers fans can ###### all you want about Shotty, but he is a winning coach and he has made every team he has been on better. No he did not win playoff games for the Chargers, but neither coach has won it all with your team and Norv is making this team into a non-playoff team.

Norv is over-rated and a loser coach...

Shotty is under-rated and a winner...

I didn't see the whole game but one play stuck out to me. LT busted a run (or reception, not sure) outside and he just had one CB in front of him. He stutter stepped a few times then attempted a juke move and just fell into the CB's arms. It was a decent gain, but Sproles probably never would have been touched by the CB. LT is still the more complete RB over Sproles, but he's lost quite a bit of his explosiveness and elusiveness. Just a decent RB now imo.

Norv is a loser coach... That is not an opinion, that is a fact. Every team he has head coached, he has made worse and he has a losing record over all. You Chargers fans can ###### all you want about Shotty, but he is a winning coach and he has made every team he has been on better. No he did not win playoff games for the Chargers, but neither coach has won it all with your team and Norv is making this team into a non-playoff team.

Norv is over-rated and a loser coach...

Shotty is under-rated and a winner...

totally agree with that. as a skins fan we still haven't recovered from norv's tenure there. as for LT, I would agree he's not as dynamic as he was and yes we're all spoiled by what he used to do but he's still a pretty solid back. In his prime he would have scored on that one screen pass but he did have some very solid runs against a respectable defense and his line is far from what it used to be. He was also used in the passing game some. LT will be fine, not great but servicable especially when the match up is right. he'll never justify his ADP this season but he will be productive if Norv ever figures out this game called football.

sproles is by no means the better back.. LT looked great last night, but the Chargers play calling was horrendous.. LT was the only consistent thing that was productive in their offensive... they need to use him more for that balance or else teams are just going to blitz the ###### out of Rivers and win like the Broncos did... lets see how LT does after his 2nd game of being full healthy when they play the Chiefs... you can't judge him based on one game... after 3 or 4 games of 100% health.. than the picture will become more clear

I don't think you know what you're talking about here....Not only did he fail to average 4+ ypc AGAIN, but he was anything but consistent. He got 18 carries, which for a passing team that was trailing most of the game, that's a decent workload. But of those 18 carries, it seemed like 4 or 5 went for 8-12 yards, and 10-12 carries went for 1 yard at best. The reason the Chargers lost this game is because their OLine is terrible. LT looked BETTER last night than he did all season, but that's still not saying much. The old LT would have broken some of those decent gains by making 1 or 2 guys miss and picking up 20+ yards. LT now needs a decent matchup, and a full workload to turn in RB 2 numbers...

LT is serviceable now, but that's it. Basically, he is going to get whatever yards are there. But zero extra. Just an average RB. If the line opens up holes, he'll do fine. Otherwise, get read for a lot of 60-80 yard games.

Sproles is no better on real running plays. He'll look good on screens and draw plays when the defense is playing pass, but he would probably do worse than LT if he had to run when the defense knows a run may be coming.

Man, thinking back.....SD could have gotten a lot for LT a few years back in a trade and just went with Turner. Had they traded him coming off his 31 TD season, could they have gotten two 1st rounders?

LT is serviceable now, but that's it. Basically, he is going to get whatever yards are there. But zero extra. Just an average RB. If the line opens up holes, he'll do fine. Otherwise, get read for a lot of 60-80 yard games.

Sproles is no better on real running plays. He'll look good on screens and draw plays when the defense is playing pass, but he would probably do worse than LT if he had to run when the defense knows a run may be coming.

Man, thinking back.....SD could have gotten a lot for LT a few years back in a trade and just went with Turner. Had they traded him coming off his 31 TD season, could they have gotten two 1st rounders?

I agree on most points. LT isn't what he was and Sproles isn't the man waiting in the wings. SD is definitely going to address the RB situation via trade/draft/freeagency next year. I do think LT looked pretty good last night though. Not the LT of 2006/7, but pretty quick and decisive. He showed he has little gas left in the tank. The play calling was bad, and the SD defense couldn't stop the Raiders. LT does have a pretty favorable match-up through the fantasy playoff's though.

He's going to help a few fantasy teams (one in particular) win a ring!

I agree on most points. LT isn't what he was and Sproles isn't the man waiting in the wings. SD is definitely going to address the RB situation via trade/draft/freeagency next year.

If they could only get someone of Michael Turner's ability.

I disagree about LT. He looks better than last year but a half-step worse than 2 years ago... which is about 2 steps worse than he was 3 years ago. I don't want to write him off, but he'll be lucky to top 1,000 yards.

Some people might not agree with Colin Cowherd but I heard him say something this morning that seemed to be what most people are thinking.

"Anyone could take over Starbucks and keep it afloat for a year but then you'd screw it up." Well, that's what Norv did with the Chargers; he took a Marty 14-2 team and within a couple years has reduced it to what you see today. No discipline, no direction and no chance of making the playoffs this year. AFC wildcard will NOT be going to S.D. GUARANTEED.

it just amazes me to read some of the post and what people think..

LT looked like real good last night. He was quick, finding the little holes that was open for him (believe me there were not that many), and he was mentally into the game. You got to understand Denver has a VERY solid defense. Any back in the league will have trouble with that defense ESPECIALLY with an average O-line.. just look at how many times Rivers was put on the ground..

It was a bad call to pull LT for sproles in that situation. LT is special inside the red zone. As a RB sproles is nothing compared to LT and he never will be..

you guys seem like if a RB doesn't get 150 plus yards and 2 touchdowns no matter who he plays and what team he plays for he sucks... or he is a bust so you can make a thread saying I told you so..

This is quickly becoming the most comical forum I visit..

LT looked like real good last night. He was quick, finding the little holes that was open for him (believe me there were not that many), and he was mentally into the game. You got to understand Denver has a VERY solid defense. Any back in the league will have trouble with that defense ESPECIALLY with an average O-line.. just look at how many times Rivers was put on the ground..

It was a bad call to pull LT for sproles in that situation. LT is special inside the red zone. As a RB sproles is nothing compared to LT and he never will be..

you guys seem like if a RB doesn't get 150 plus yards and 2 touchdowns no matter who he plays and what team he plays for he sucks... or he is a bust so you can make a thread saying I told you so..

Agreed.

Some people might not agree with Colin Cowherd but I heard him say something this morning that seemed to be what most people are thinking.

"Anyone could take over Starbucks and keep it afloat for a year but then you'd screw it up." Well, that's what Norv did with the Chargers; he took a Marty 14-2 team and within a couple years has reduced it to what you see today. No discipline, no direction and no chance of making the playoffs this year. AFC wildcard will NOT be going to S.D. GUARANTEED.

He used the same example in reference to the Cowboys a couple weeks back. One of the few times I've ever agreed with that idiot.

Enough of Sproles. He is a nice little change of pace back to get screens and returns. Period. This guy had ample opportunity to prove he is an every down back. He did not. Not even close. LT ran ok last night. The OL didn't give him many lanes to run, but for the most part this was his first game since week 1 (I don't consider the Steeler game much of an opportunity). 100 total yards is about what you can expect. The days of 2,300 total yards and 30 TDs are over. For that matter AP isn't getting there either. I would expect more next week. 120 total yards and a score, maybe a little more. I'll take my chances on LT2 than say, Forte.

I find this thread title to completely offensive... How dare you insult "reTards," (Hangover) by comparing them to Turner.

Fair point, it was in the heat of battle. I don't need the tard guard on my back. lol

Freaking Turner - Cowherd is right, Norvis has beached this whale..........

psssh. i've got lt2 on contract for one more year and am just hoping he scores a td before the trade deadline so i can dump him off for something. i'm starting him and choice and i fully believe that the bye week can blow me. without even getting carried away, i'd guess this week will be his highest scoring this year. it's the chiefs and the chargers can throw. dude might have a buck fifty receiving. anywhere close and it still opens up the run some, and if all he needs is some to make up for old shoes, why not figure big?

then trade for ryan grant.

+2 :music_guitarred:

check my team in the sig, worked out pretty well for me actually considering he doesn't start. may have lost a step but he's a solid bye week filler. As far as sproles, yeah he's fun to watch on kick returns but is not a guy that's capable of more than 10 touches a game. just doesn't have the power to run between the tackles. something SD must do if they want to start winning football games. amazing that norvis hasn't figured out they need to run the ball. I don't care if they get 3 yards a pop, they need to run the ball. and where were the draws or middle screens with all the backer pressure denver was bringing? that was flat out bad coaching. one thing I will say about LT, dude can't block

There is nothing better than drafting a bye week filler in the first round.

LT didn't look good. He maybe showed flashes of goodness. Too many times it looked like he stumbled over his own feet. No elusiveness. Mediocre speed.

I was happy taking him 9th in the draft.

:mad:

Me no happy no more

There is nothing better than drafting a bye week filler in the first round.

upside my friend, which may even still play out. Who else to take - Forte? Williams? Grant? Barber? Gore? There's no sure thing with RB's and I always take RB's in round one and it always works. I win rounds 4-8 and look to roll the dice early. Really outside of AP, most of the round one backs have had issues or have underperformed. If LT were to turn the corner I'm sitting pretty. I mean hell, he's still a starting back who gets most of the carries on a decent offensive team. Not to many of those guys around. If he continues to struggle, he's an RB3/flex player and a good one.

really?

here are the top backs ranked by ADP with their current points ranking in (). This is a non ppr league.

1. AP (1)

2. MJD (2)

3. D Will (8)

4. Turner (9)

5. Forte (29)

6. Gore (24)

7. LT (60+)

8. Jackson (14)

9. Johnson (4)

10. Slaton (10)

11. Portis (18)

12. Westbrook (33)

13. Jacobs (30)

14. Grant (20)

15. Barber (26)

Yeah, really. MJD, Slaton and CJ would be the exceptions but overall that's an underperforming group. In other words 4 out of 15 have met or exceeded ADP or about 25%.

Speaking of retards, just how big of a helmet would you need to fit one over the lumpy head of Rocky Dennis? I bet you could use the same head gear for the Statue of Liberty.

here are the top backs ranked by ADP with their current points ranking in (). This is a non ppr league.

1. AP (1)

2. MJD (2)

3. D Will (8)

4. Turner (9)

5. Forte (29)

6. Gore (24)

7. LT (60+)

8. Jackson (14)

9. Johnson (4)

10. Slaton (10)

11. Portis (18)

12. Westbrook (33)

13. Jacobs (30)

14. Grant (20)

15. Barber (26)

Yeah, really. MJD, Slaton and CJ would be the exceptions but overall that's an underperforming group. In other words 4 out of 15 have met or exceeded ADP or about 25%.

it was obvious you were a lame when you opened the first post with the upside my friend part. i dunno if you needed to cement it in, but changing all of the first round backs to most of the first round backs in the really post, and then defending your edit, was the tops. you are untoppable. thank you for the nice list. also adp is for average people and average people don't win money off of this stuff. most people lose most of the time because most people mostly make most of their points like you do.

so, yeah.

it was obvious you were a lame when you opened the first post with the upside my friend part. i dunno if you needed to cement it in, but changing all of the first round backs to most of the first round backs in the really post, and then defending your edit, was the tops. you are untoppable. thank you for the nice list. also adp is for average people and average people don't win money off of this stuff. most people lose most of the time because most people mostly make most of their points like you do.

so, yeah.

Not really sure what you're trying to say here but don't really care either. As far as money, I'm not one for listing accomplishments but I do pretty well when it comes to winning. Not that it really matters, it's fantasy football. Cheers