Sign in to follow this  
Need2Know

Is this trade fair?

I play in a really competitive 12 team money league

The last place team (by a mile) is trying to trade P. Thomas to the fourth place team for a Ted Ginn Jr.

The last place team has alot of RBs (D. Williams, T. Jones, P. Thomas, Caddy). But he has nothing at WR.

Ted Ginn should not even be on anyones team at this point (in my opinion). there are better WW WR options out there than ted ginn. It seems to me that this trade will really help out the fourth place team cause he has very questionable RB2s and I dont see how this benefits the last place team.

Oh, the fourth place team is also the commish's team.... :thumbsup:

Anyone call BS on this?

Thanks for your opinions

It all depends on their personal views of those players. I know of some people that were telling everyone, after Miami's last game, to run out and get Ginn now because Henne was going to help him become the WR he can be.

I also know a lot of people who don't trust the NO situation and think P. Thomas's value has really taken a shot with the 3 headed RB monster that has morphed into existence in NO.

So if the last place team is a down guy on P. Thomas and an up guy on Ginn, then that trade would make sense to him.

If your league has a trade voting policy then vote however you want. That's the rule in place. I prefer no voting on trades, but if that is the rule then you have the perogative to vote how you want. Personally I would vote NO on that one. Seems to fishy.

thats the crappy thing / our league has no voting policy on trades. They have to approved by the commish

it really has no voting poicy on anything and the commish generally has final say on everything. Most of the league just goes along with it, but myself and a couple of others pay close attention to his actions. I dont understand how the rest of my league does not comprehend the influence this guy has /

I am actually considering getting into another league next year cause of it

I would call BS on that. As you said...there are better WR's on the WW.

Let me just state that i'm all for never vetoing a trade unless it involes the C word.

But this definitely reeks.

thats the crappy thing / our league has no voting policy on trades. They have to approved by the commish

it really has no voting poicy on anything and the commish generally has final say on everything. Most of the league just goes along with it, but myself and a couple of others pay close attention to his actions. I dont understand how the rest of my league does not comprehend the influence this guy has /

I am actually considering getting into another league next year cause of it

No I like it the way you guys have it set up. However since the Commish is involved in the trade who give's it the okay? You need to have a VP in those cases. :wub:

No I like it the way you guys have it set up. However since the Commish is involved in the trade who give's it the okay? You need to have a VP in those cases. :thumbsup:

Agreed. We have a deputy commish in our league who can veto any commish trade. And if the two of them trade between each other, the treasurer can veto it.

In the event of a three way trade between them, we'd call up a disgruntled ex-owner who hates all 3 of them. :)

I personally wouldn't trade Thomas for Ginn, but Ginn did outscore PT in the last game each of them played. 11.7 for Ginn, 7.2 for PT. The guy should be aiming higher, but that's his problem.

I do not see how anyone could question this trade as it has the potential to help both teams.

Last place guy has every right to try to improve his receivers and he has a surplus of RBs. Regrdless of what any one of us thinks of Thomas' value relative to Ginn's. the trade does NOT NEED TO BE FAIR.

Secondly, per today's rotoworld:

"Beat writer Jeff Duncan says it looks like Mike Bell will be the Saints' "closer."

Bell was used as a short-yardage/goal-line back last week while Pierre Thomas got most of the work when the game was in question. The carry count ended up at 15 each for Bell and Thomas. These two are cutting into each other's values, making neither a great play this week against Miami."

As a matter of fact, I am trying to unload Thomas myself!

As a commissioner in one league, and as an owner in a league veto league, there is no way I can justify a veto here. Not even close, here.

as a thomas owner, i wouldn't make that trade. however...

i would also never be in a leaguewhere trades are voted on. i think that would make it almost impossible to ever get a trade done.

i would also never be in a leaguewhere trades are voted on. i think that would make it almost impossible to ever get a trade done.

I would also never do this trade... however, a paying member of a league has every right to conduct business in any way he sees fit...

...and it will be up to the others in the league to decide whether to invite the trader of Thomas into the league next year.

I would also never do this trade... however, a paying member of a league has every right to conduct business in any way he sees fit...

...and it will be up to the others in the league to decide whether to invite the trader of Thomas into the league next year.

i want guys like that in my league. gives me the opportunity to trade for good players once in a while.

one of my biggest problems is that owners don't properly 'shop' players before trading them. i'm guessing he could have picked up a better WR for thomas than ginn. but who knows? if he tossed out there ,i'm looking for a wr and wiling to trade PT, then shame on the rest of the league for not making better offers.

I am in a league where we are allowed to vote no against a trade FOR ANY REASON. Anyone can bring up a trade for vote. No trade has ever turned down.

As far as this trade... I don't see why anyone would be against it. It really is an even trade under the current circumstances imo.

I would call BS on that. As you said...there are better WR's on the WW.

Let me just state that i'm all for never vetoing a trade unless it involes the C word.

But this definitely reeks.

Maybe your WW, but there ain't shiot for WRs available in either league I'm in.

That being said, I agree that the Thomas owner could get more than Ginn, but then again, if he was a FF savant, he probably wouldn't be in last place. :dunno:

Maybe your WW, but there ain't shiot for WRs available in either league I'm in.

That being said, I agree that the Thomas owner could get more than Ginn, but then again, if he was a FF savant, he probably wouldn't be in last place. :dunno:

+1

Ginn is not on a waiver wire in any of the four competitive leagues I'm in.

Regarding Thomas, Payton has shown zero confidence in him for whatever reason. Right now Mike Bell has about equal value depending on your league scoring system, because Bell will get the goal line work. Ginn isn't exactly my idea of a "sell high", but I'm actively shopping Thomas because his "perceived value" (mainly still deriving from the pre-season hype and where he was drafted) is significantly higher than his probable future production.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill here.

BTW, from another post on this same forum page - the topic: "1-5 in my league, time to shake things up?"

What's a guy who is in last place going to have to do to get back in competition? Trade - shake things up!

My partial response to his post was: most likely it is past time to do so. The definition of lunacy is to keep doing what you are doing and expecting a different result. The last place team in your league has every right to do that whether you like the result or not.

at least the last place team didnt do edjr on the league....

let em trade....

I always get a kick out of these threads. I'm considering trading Gates for Choice; I could imagine somebody posting it here and some of you thinking it was fishy. But then you wouldn't know that it is a no TE req'd league... or that I have VJax so I don't need Gates... or that I have Barber... or that it is a keeper league so if Choice goes off at the end of the year and/or is traded to a place where he is slated to start, he is gold...

A few years ago I traded Housh for a timeshare RB (same owner, now that I think of it). I had WR depth and was looking to the future. He needed a WR, and Hoosh helped him win the trophy. I got some crap from the league for that. Oh, the RB... MJD. That's worked out OK for me. :)

No I like it the way you guys have it set up. However since the Commish is involved in the trade who give's it the okay? You need to have a VP in those cases. :wub:

:) This trade should be reviewed by somebody other than the Commish for propriety. That being said, if the owner getting Ginn has improved his starting line-up by trading a back-up, then it looks fine to me. While he might have gotten more for Thomas, it may be that he did shop Thomas around and no one offered anything better than Ginn. Some leagues it is near impossible to trade because everyone feels your trying to rip them off, so they won't make a deal.

Unless collusion is evident, all trades should go through.

it might be fishy but what can you do?

the guy trading away thomas is tacked at RB and thomas is having td's vultured like crazy.

Ginn may not be a great WR but if it helps his team then the only problem here is that he should be aiming higher.

It all depends on their personal views of those players. I know of some people that were telling everyone, after Miami's last game, to run out and get Ginn now because Henne was going to help him become the WR he can be.

I also know a lot of people who don't trust the NO situation and think P. Thomas's value has really taken a shot with the 3 headed RB monster that has morphed into existence in NO.

So if the last place team is a down guy on P. Thomas and an up guy on Ginn, then that trade would make sense to him.

Agreed. My brother traded Manningham for Westbrook - and I actually like Manningham (if you're RB heavy) way better than Westbrook at this point!

most people who want to veto trades are just jealous they didnt try to rape the team giving up the percieved better player