Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Early dynasty draft watch

Admittedly I haven't watched as much college football this year as I'd like to, and I'm pretty much out of the loop on the top offensive draft possibilities. I saw that Dez Bryant (OSU) will opt to enter the draft. Aside from Bryant and obviously Ingram (Alabama), Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, (not a believer), and CJ Spiller who are projected high picks for the draft? Who are you guys keeping an eye on?

Won't touch either colt or tebow. no way, no how.

Brandon LaFell

Damean Williams

Arelius Benn

Dwyer

Gresham

Bradford

I've watched enough of UT and OU to say I agree with you on McCoy, but I personally am not a big believer in Bradford, not to mention the hit his draft stock is taking with back to back shoulder injuries and surgery. I see him as a competent game manager but he's not gonna beat NFL caliber competition with his arm or his feet.

I absolutely love Jonathan Dwyer and Ryan Mathews. Ingram would be the #3 runningback on my list. But I'm not sure if he can come out this year?

At QB I (man crush) for Jake Locker.

And put Bradford and Clausen at 2 and 3.

Wide Reciever I'm always bad at evaluating, so I don't even want to attempt it.

Two things I would like to add though are: While Dez Bryant is the clear cut #1 reciever coming out. What will bassically a year out of football do to him? Anyone who drafts early will really be taking a gamble on him without seeing him in training camp and preseason, no matter how he's looked so far in his career.

The other thing is. I have really liked what I've seen from Mardy Gilyard as my not so sleeper, sleeper.

The kid just has that it factor that makes you a good player.

I think?

I know at RB Spiller was getting a lot of love even late last year and he's putting up good #'s. As far as Dez Bryant goes, all the footage of him I'v seen tells me the kids is going to be a beast at the next level. Watching him play, he's not as good as Calvin Johnson, but his physicality and speed for a guy that's 6'2" reminds of him. I'll likely have the #1 overall pick next year, somewhere around 4-7 and then likely #13 (1st pick 2nd round) and I'm trying to get one more late 1st round pick. I have LeShon McCoy, Shonn Green, James Davis, and Jeremy Maclin this year, so if I can nail the draft next year, I'll might be done rebuilding. That's why I'm starting early now.

Top RBs:

Jahvid Best - Cal

Jonathan Dwyer - GT

CJ Spiller - Clemson

Top WRs:

Dez Bryant - OK State

Regis Benn - Illinois

Demaryius Thomas - GT (Keep an eye on this kid, not many people know about him but he's an absoulte stud. Great size and speed. Great hands.)

Ingram cannot come out, he's eligible for 2011 draft.

Yep, I think Bryant is a given, and the best offensive rookie on the board. He's an absolute stud. I missed him by 1 spot in our draft last year. (We can draft 3 collegiate players)

It's my opinion that Spiller will be a 3rd down back early on. I think he's too small. Same with Best.

I think Dwyer is the back to watch, as he has more power than speed. Michael Turner mold.

I don't know if Ingram can come out or not.

Another possible guy to look at is the rb out of Oregon, and their TE, too. I've not got the names off the top of my head right now.

I forgot about Locker, good call. Same with Clausen out of ND.

Demaryius "Bay-Bay" Thomas - He compares favorably to Dwayne Bowe. He probably has better hands and definetly has a better attitude. Bay-Bay is a big phyisical WR with good speed.

Dwyer is very NFL ready. He has great size.

Yep, I think Bryant is a given, and the best offensive rookie on the board. He's an absolute stud. I missed him by 1 spot in our draft last year. (We can draft 3 collegiate players)

It's my opinion that Spiller will be a 3rd down back early on. I think he's too small. Same with Best.

I think Dwyer is the back to watch, as he has more power than speed. Michael Turner mold.

I don't know if Ingram can come out or not.

Another possible guy to look at is the rb out of Oregon, and their TE, too. I've not got the names off the top of my head right now.

I forgot about Locker, good call. Same with Clausen out of ND.

I'm in the same boat with you. (And believe me, we're in the minority here) But I just don't believe the hype with Spiller and Best.